Rope jumping Need some Help !!

Questions or concerns about specific exercises? Post them here!

Moderators: cassiegose, Boss Man

jim_2013
STARTING OUT

Rope jumping Need some Help !!

Post by jim_2013 »

Hii! I am new to this website and has started right now.
I began rope jumping a few days ago and now for a long number of time i am stuck with a problem that however when i jump rope the rope after five or seven jumps always touches head.
I tried many different ways but no matter what i do it always touches head. PPLLEEAASSEE HHEELLPP!!!!!
Boss Man
SITE ADMIN

Re: Rope jumping Need some Help !!

Post by Boss Man »

This might sound patronising and apologies if it does, but have tried a different length of rope, or if you use one with adjustable length, have you tried varying the length?
fitoverforty
VETERAN

Post by fitoverforty »

also, make sure when you are jumping that you are not pulling your arms downward on the rotation, so that the rope is lower when you are jumping up. Keep your arms level bent at the elbow, close to your body and just slightly in front of your body - with a strong rotation, using the wrists. Sometimes when getting tired the rope can start to droop or "fall" at the highest point of the arc if you don't complete the rotation with enough strength.
there are some great rope jumping videos here on Shapefit:
one of favorites: http://www.shapefit.com/jump-rope-videos-1.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
good luck! :D
Kisigin
STARTING OUT

Post by Kisigin »

You might just need a longer rope however whenever I use a rope that is too short I notice it hitting feet more than head. Your problem might be that your rope is too slow. What material is it made out of? If it is cotton you may want to try leather or plastic. It will be faster.
megas
STARTING OUT

Post by megas »

Definitely use a leather rope and also make sure it is long enough, good rule of thumb is that the handle should reach just below your armpits when standing on the rope. Your hands should be approximately a little higher than hip height when jumping.