Deload / Lower CNS Stress cycling

Discuss your weight training questions, concerns and tips!

Moderators: cassiegose, Boss Man

vamp
VETERAN

Deload / Lower CNS Stress cycling

Post by vamp »

Okay, I have been researching and not finding anything resembling an answer and that's okay because I can discuss it here. Some of you know I have been challenging myself as hard as possible to get back strength and flexibility and with it better control over nervous system. For the past 5 1/2 weeks I have been doing a 5x5 workout and with some pretty high weights, especially squats (for me).

So, I am now hitting a wall, not so much in strength but with nerve pain do to disease from the stress on the nervous system. I know cycling programs is helpful every 6-12 weeks in dealing with strength, joints, nerves system, etc. At 6 weeks I feel I should cycle to help with the nerve pain. So, A lifting program without squats, deads is essential in view.

Now the question.... Should I opt for 2 weeks of cardio or perhaps low weight high rep or still high weight just varied exercises. Strength and power are concerns, losing weight and being th next fitness model GQ are not as high on the list... To be honest I am more of a power lifter type . But with nerve issues I am wondering which would be most benificial for a two week no spinal load type program. That and is 2 weeks to long or short to let the CNS calm down so I can go back to heavy loads for another 6-8 weeks?
swanso5
VETERAN

Re: Deload / Lower CNS Stress cycling

Post by swanso5 »

whats your nerve issue vampy?
swanso5
VETERAN

Re: Deload / Lower CNS Stress cycling

Post by swanso5 »

gbs? that's shit - wife got it 3 and half yrs ago and has recovered 50% at best