Protien Snacks

Discuss anything related to dieting, nutrition, recipes and food facts.

Moderators: cassiegose, Boss Man

GettingFitFinally47
STARTING OUT

Protien Snacks

Post by GettingFitFinally47 »

Does anyone here eat jerky to keep their snacks full of protein? I have found some success eating a jerky some friends showed me
http://www.PaleoRanch.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; - Paleo Jerky from Grass Fed cows. I tried some at a Timbers Game and it blew mind how juicy a packaged jerky could be.
Does anyone have any other protein snacks that aren't sweet. I am trying to cut sweets completely so preferably meat options :)

Thanks guys
Boss Man
SITE ADMIN

Re: Protien Snacks

Post by Boss Man »

There are certain protein bars you can buy, but you need a good quality one not cheap crap.

Get ones with at least 25g protein and 25g carbs, not ones that have about 18g protein and 12g carbs and weigh about 60g in weight, because then you could be getting ones with things like HFCS and hydrogenates in them.

The better ones with more primary ingredient, come with things like gut bacteria, rapeseed oil and other possibly good things and you'll get polyols, (sugar replacers) or natural sweeteners and these type are usually around 80-85g in weight approximately and will cost more, but you do get more bang for your buck and you're not buying some cheap nasty product that's got a few really unhealthy ingredients in them.
GettingFitFinally47
STARTING OUT

Post by GettingFitFinally47 »

Thank you.

Do you have any sources for such bars? Like do they ship or distribute through Amazon or should I just try the local Whole Foods/ New Seasons or something?
Boss Man
SITE ADMIN

Post by Boss Man »

I don't have sources. CNP do a good one called Pro XS and there are ones called quest bars as two examples, but I'm not sure where you might be able to get them personally.

I'm not however that au fai with many of the different companies protein bar products, in terms of who makes them and the names their marketed under, as there are so many, but if you use the basic profile I outlined of what a good one should be like, then doing your own research might give you some more potential options other than the two I mentioned above.
Nokie173
VETERAN

Post by Nokie173 »

I like Quest Bars. It's high in protein and low in carbs but if you are looking for high in both... this is not it.
http://www.questproteinbar.com/
Alinshop
REGULAR

Post by Alinshop »

Nokie173 wrote:I like Quest Bars. It's high in protein and low in carbs but if you are looking for high in both... this is not it.
http://www.questproteinbar.com/

Quest bars are to die for :D
KK4L
STARTING OUT

Post by KK4L »

I love all kinds of whey protein powders and bars!