Best cardio exercise

A forum for anything related to cardiovascular training.

Moderators: cassiegose, Boss Man

Kon~man
STARTING OUT

Re: Best cardio exercise

Post by Kon~man »

in opinion HIIT (High intensity interval training) is realy good because its fast all you need is 20 - 30 mins if you have a busy life, kick your body into hyper drive helping you burn fat, pushes your cardio to its limits and no equipment needed.

but all that said its really up to you if you enjoy walking or jogging for 1 - 2 hours then do that. doing something you do not like doing will just put you off exercise in experience.
Laza
STARTING OUT

Post by Laza »

Sprinting all the way, it kills lungs and muscles every time.
Oksana Slavska
STARTING OUT

Post by Oksana Slavska »

I don't know will it be useful for you, but favorite cardio exercise is fast weight lifting. I'm not talking about big weight, but enough weight to do 20-25 squats and feel how muscles burn.
If you don't like weights, try Tabata workout (20 sec active work, 10 sec rest. 4-5 min one exercise)

http://pushing-up.com/
fitgirlsdiary
STARTING OUT

Post by fitgirlsdiary »

By me, the best cardio workout is rope skipping.

It takes a lot of energy, can be done outdoor or indoor, in many different styles, and it's a really good low budget fitness equipment.

20-30 minutes with a few 30 second breaks are just fine.

:D
josh11rg
STARTING OUT

Post by josh11rg »

I find that circuit training with plenty exercises that include (as an example)
3 you like to do
2 you don't necessarily like to do
2 fun exercises

Small rest time and a good few sets

One example would be

Star jumps
squat jumps
skipping
Burpee
Abs roll out
hula hoop
medicine ball slam

Go for 30 seconds on each one and you will be really tired by the end!

Hope this helped you :)

I have an instagram page if you would like to follow me for more circuits and videos

@joshrileypt
jgerard
STARTING OUT

Post by jgerard »

I really love spin for cardio. Spin classes are only reason for going to the gym!
bepstein90
STARTING OUT

Post by bepstein90 »

Mine is easily jump rope HIIT with a weighted handle jump rope. It burns 400 calories for 15 minutes of HIIT and you get the EPOC effect after the workout which keeps you burning more calories for the rest of the day.

Here is an example of a workout I might do: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-1RNi6uoTQY" target="_blank
shanilbeekarry
STARTING OUT

Post by shanilbeekarry »

depends on what you goal is.

For me I do cardio in the morning I go for a 30 mins fasted cardio run in the morning.

Also sometimes after weight I walk for 30 mins on the treadmill.

At the end of the day you can do various sort of cardio to achieve different objectives. You will need to define what yours is then I can give a more accurate answer.
Kevsworld
ESTABLISHED MEMBER

Post by Kevsworld »

I wrote about this a while back (link below) but there really is no such thing as "best" cardio. It depends on your fitness, level, your goals, and your overall training. Lower intensity cardio (even just brisk walking) isn't bad at all if you are just starting out, fatigued from doing weight training, or looking for something to get warmed up. Higher intensity cardio has the advantage of burning calories in less time and tends to carry over to sports (since most sports are going to be anaerobic in nature). I'd say the "best" cardio is whatever you will do consistently enough to burn a few calories and get your heart pumping. The most important thing is to incorporate some form of it into your overall fitness plan.

http://musclereview.net/best-cardio-wor ... ady-state/
RichardSmith
STARTING OUT

Post by RichardSmith »

I found boxing was a great cardio workout which I still do, I also go cycling and swimming,works for me
Ashy123
STARTING OUT

Post by Ashy123 »

The best cardio exercise is the one that you actually do! haha Any exercise gets your heart rate up and makes you sweat. For me that's sprints, bike intervals and conditioning circuits.
goffjuan
STARTING OUT

Post by goffjuan »

I think running an walking are best for cardio.
Vegas Jon
STARTING OUT

Post by Vegas Jon »

If you are also doing strength training, you should only do low-level cardio for the majority of your cardio as weight training is very recovery-intensive as it is. In own experience adding anaerobic cardio (sprinting) in a large amount to a strength training program resulted in me injuring knee from overuse.
riaz_uddin4333
STARTING OUT

Post by riaz_uddin4333 »

Elliptical. These machines were originally designed to minimize impact on the knees and hips, but still allow a
nordmann
STARTING OUT

Post by nordmann »

That is a tricky question and I say that because we have so many different body types and personalities that we need to consider. The easiest answer is always going to be running or swimming. Some people will be drawn to bikes which is fine and definitely a great way to get cardio. I think that best way to approach this is to see what type of person are you? is maybe starting out with walking a good way to work your way into a run, or is running cold turkey the best way to force yourself? I would take that into consideration because regardless of what you choose you need to create a habit first to excel in the cardio activity you choose to pursue.

I found some great articles about that over here, http://www.myfitnesslyfe.com and helped me think about what I wanted to accomplish and what I could do to get there. So long story short, any cardio that I mentioned will do it as long as you do it consistent and increase your amount after you create a habit. I hope this helps.