wholegrain bread

Discuss anything related to dieting, nutrition, recipes and food facts.

Moderators: cassiegose, Boss Man

trainhardeveryday
STARTING OUT

wholegrain bread

Post by trainhardeveryday »

Hey, so basically I have a question about wholegrain bread. I workout six days a week and I focus on resistance training mainly (I am a twenty year old female). Is it OK to eat four slices of wholegrain bread a day? The one I buy has 59 calories and 10g carbs per slice. I don't normally eat this daily however I just wanted to ask whether it would be too much to eat four slices on two consecutive days (so eight slices in all) Would this lead to an excess of carbs? Today diet consisted of light yogurt, some fibre cereal with skimmed milk and grilled salmon with veg after workout. Thanks!
Boss Man
SITE ADMIN

Re: wholegrain bread

Post by Boss Man »

No you wouldn't have an excess of carbs unless you indulged heavily on carbs from other things as well.
lockheart.1989
STARTING OUT

Post by lockheart.1989 »

trainhardeveryday wrote:Hey, so basically I have a question about wholegrain bread. I workout six days a week and I focus on resistance training mainly (I am a twenty year old female). Is it OK to eat four slices of wholegrain bread a day? The one I buy has 59 calories and 10g carbs per slice. I don't normally eat this daily however I just wanted to ask whether it would be too much to eat four slices on two consecutive days (so eight slices in all) Would this lead to an excess of carbs? Today diet consisted of light yogurt, some fibre cereal with skimmed milk and grilled salmon with veg after workout. Thanks!
Since I moved to Berlin I've started eating "Protein bread" that they seel in regular supermarkets, and I think it's a relly good choice to have bread whilst cutting on the extra carbs and adding some protein instead. You can see the stats here: http://fddb.info/db//lebensmittel/net ... index.html

I don't know if something like this is available easily where you are, but I believe you can also but something like this online (it wouldn't be as cheap in the supermarket, but might still be worth the extra money).

xx
Tifa
koreangirl21
STARTING OUT

Post by koreangirl21 »

No food choices are irrelevant (Unless you care about health)
You should eat for your macros and calories if your goal is just body composition. So you can eat all the bread you want, but they have to fit your protein, fats and carbohydrates. You can actually read more about IIFYM here, reviewyu.com/what-does-iifym-mean/