How to tone up thighs and butt???

Questions or concerns about specific exercises? Post them here!

Moderators: cassiegose, Boss Man

detoxingmylife
STARTING OUT

How to tone up thighs and butt???

Post by detoxingmylife »

I've never done this type of forum before but I feel hopeless and desperate for some advice on where how to go about toning butt and thighs. I deal with cellulite and I have noticed it get worse within the past few years. It's embarrassing. I feel ashamed to be in own skin. Most websites and blogs will say the way to get rid of cellulite is to lose weight. problem about that though is that height is 5'9 and I weigh around 135 at the moment (sometimes less). I have been doing squats like crazy for the past month (the 30 day squat challenge), but notice no difference? Do any of you have any recommendations on what I should do (concerning diet and exercise). I want to attach a photo that I recently took of butt and thighs to give you all an idea of just how bad it looks and where I stand in that sense, but I don't know if I can do that on phone or not?
Boss Man
SITE ADMIN

Re: How to tone up thighs and butt???

Post by Boss Man »

Hi Detoxingmylife, good to talk to you.

You should be able to attach pictures, by using the tags, as long as you're linking to something like a photobucket, flickr, picasa, instagram etc; so you could try that and see how it works.

As for your concerns although more muscle can actually help to burn fat by improving your bodies fat burning potential, you may have replaced a bit do fat with muscle, hence why you see little change.

I do not know about the workout plan you used, but you never get much progress with body composition alteration in 30 days anyway, these things take longer than that for more tangible results, as opposed to slight results.

There may also have been no change if for example you under ate causing something called starvation mode, where the body thinks it's being starved and clings onto fat, so if you were eating 1,200-1,500 calories a day or less then you could have caused this, as the sedentary female average for calories is recommended at 1,800, so therefore you could add another 15%-20% calories on top to account for the exercise, to make sure you have enough energy and fuel for the exercise, but then eat the 1,800 calories or thereabouts on days when you don't workout.

One thing I want to reassure you is, is that you should never feel ashamed in your own skin as you put it. I am sure that in certain ways you are a beautiful person and you certainly are giving me the impression that you have some emotional beauty and are capable of displaying a warm and engaging disposition, so you mustn't feel to down about yourself, as that's not being fair to yourself and I think you are DEFINITELY worth more than that, but I also appreciate your situation and therefore of course we can provide other suggestions to help you achieve what you want :).

I would like to ask if you have access to a gym or would you be looking to train at home and if so, have you got any equipment you could use, or if not would you be willing to purchase any?

Also I would like to ask what times do you eat at and what foods do you eat at those times?

Don't worry okay. You've done a good thing posting here and I want you to try not to feel so down about yourself and look for the positives in you that already exist as it could make what you're trying to do a little more uplifting, if you feel a bit more positive about yourself :).

Anything I asked and anything else you would like to mention please feel free and if you can find a way of linking to a photo, then please feel free to post it.

Be proud of your decision to change for you and remember it's all about the bigger picture and helping yourself live the rest of life with educed risk of disease, heart problems strokes etc, not just about how sculpted you can make your body look okay, because your inner self needs to function smoothly more so than your outer self needs to gleam if you see what I mean, but keep believing in yourself and like I say any photos, info or admissions relating to what I asked please feel free to let us know, so we can do what we think is our best for you :).

You DON'T need to feel ashamed of yourself, but I appreciate you do and it isn't wrong to feel like that okay :).
Linda88
STARTING OUT

Post by Linda88 »

detoxingmylife wrote:I've never done this type of forum before but I feel hopeless and desperate for some advice on where how to go about toning butt and thighs. I deal with cellulite and I have noticed it get worse within the past few years. It's embarrassing. I feel ashamed to be in own skin. Most websites and blogs will say the way to get rid of cellulite is to lose weight. problem about that though is that height is 5'9 and I weigh around 135 at the moment (sometimes less). I have been doing squats like crazy for the past month (the 30 day squat challenge), but notice no difference? Do any of you have any recommendations on what I should do (concerning diet and exercise). I want to attach a photo that I recently took of butt and thighs to give you all an idea of just how bad it looks and where I stand in that sense, but I don't know if I can do that on phone or not?
I’ve been training butts for a long time and now I can see the result at last. You know, only regular physical activity can help you in building the muscles and getting rid of your fat! I use the next method described in this article https://pinkycloud.com/6-exercises-for-form-buttocks and now butts are perfect. In fact sport is our life - don't forget about that. Good luck! :wave:
motivated89
STARTING OUT

Post by motivated89 »

I do leg presses and use the glute weight machines which have toned by thighs and butt tremendously. I go to planet fitness and I use all the leg machines and the glute machine they have. I've seen a huge difference after doing these exercises for the past few months.
garrydev
STARTING OUT

Post by garrydev »

Hi detoxingmylife,

I've played badminton for over 40 years now and could not recommend a better sport/exercise. Lots of lunging, jumping and side-stepping that really is a fantastic leg and butt workout. Best of all though it's great fun. The only reason I've been playing for so long.

You can usually find a club at your local recreation centre. What's a bonus too is that the better you get the longer and more intense the rallies become. Don't know what costs are for racket and court hire where you are (I'm from Australia) but it's usually cheaper than a gym membership. Great for socializing too.

Good luck with everything