Joesportstalk Journal

Post your workout journals so others can review your training and follow your progress!

Moderators: cassiegose, Boss Man

Joesportstalk
ESTABLISHED MEMBER

Joesportstalk Journal

Post by Joesportstalk »

OK I am hip, I am going to start one of these here .

Today is Monday November 5th.

Starting Weight : 306 ( on the scale today)

I will log workouts and progress daily, here in this thread from now until Jan 1st. 2008 . Feel free to chime in with any critique, inspiration, non sense , or sexy pictures of yourself whenever you feel the need or have the inspiration LOL :oops: :D :lol:

Just like the commercial says, Nothing to it, but to do it !

I will also add it to myspace profile as well ( more picture there too probably) myspace.com/totalsportstalk

Joe
Joesportstalk
ESTABLISHED MEMBER

Post by Joesportstalk »

Just to clarify, LOL the sexy picture request is purely motivational in design!

for example this means .... Fitnesmodelsarah = post away as many as possible

Swanso5 = no pictures necassary mate heheeheh
(but comments are definatly requested from you ) 8)
swanso5
VETERAN

Post by swanso5 »

do you really know all those chicks from your space...if so give them number
Joesportstalk
ESTABLISHED MEMBER

Post by Joesportstalk »

Day 1:

Breakfast, EAS triple protein and Peanut Butter ( organic) Protein shake

Lunch, Chicken sald sandwich, cottage cheese and tomato

Snack , 100 calorie pack of cheetos cheese balls, EAS Myoplex carb sense

Dinner, Plate load of wifes spaghetti Salad, Toast.

Drank 150 oz water today and 16 oz green tea.

Workout:

Skipped football practice tonight with a sore knee,

Morning Stretched in yoga/meditation room ( I will post some pics of it one day this week or next when I get around to taking some of it and Garage, the boxing gym)

Afternoon, went to the gym and did cardio, stretched for 30 mins, then did 12 mins on the stationary bike, 20 mins on the elliptical, and 10 mins on the treadmill, walking at a 3.5 incline at 2.5 speed (I am not sure if that is MPH or what, I will have to take a look at it tomorrow)

Today was an easy mellow day as far as fitness goes. and low stress as far as work goes.
DianaB
REGULAR

Post by DianaB »

What's with the Cheetos???
Carbs friend, watch them...
d.
Joesportstalk
ESTABLISHED MEMBER

Post by Joesportstalk »

Day #2

Breakfast, 3 (organic) egg omelette with onions , Spinach, tomatoes, cheese.
Pan fried red potatoes 2 small ones cut up

Lunch, Chicken salad sandwich, with tomatoes on it

Snack, Myoplex carb sense

Dinner, Grilled 4 oz chicken breast, Grilled al dente' eggplant, zucchini , sliced tomatoes, Chinese Broccoli ( it is a leafy vegetable found in most Asian markets)

Ok so I do not keep writing "Organic" all the time, just assume that I ALWAYS eat Organic when I have that choice, so most of the time , most of food selections are organic.

I drank, 2 50.7 oz bottles of water, and another 2 20 oz glasses of water today.

Workout:

LEGS TODAY YIPPIE!!!

Stretched this afternoon at the Gym ( nothing in the morning was too busy with work today unfortunately) for 30 mins a full body stretch and joint rotations routine.

Rode the Stationary bike on level 10 for 12 mins.
Elliptical for 12 mins ( Various declining levels starting at 10 and working down a level every 2 mins)

6 X 25 various ab exercises
2X 20 on the lower back station where you raise up backwards while bent over forward.... not sure what that one is called LOL

3 X 15 calf raise body weight with toes pointed forward
3 X 15 calf raises body weight with toes pointed outward
3 X 15 calf raises body weight with toes pointed inward
3 X 15 shin raises

2 X 15 leg extensions 150 lbs

2 X 15 leg curls with 150 lbs

2 X 25 adductor with 200 lbs

2 X 25 abductor with 200 lbs

2 X 15 leg press with 490 lbs

4 X 25 various abs exercises

walk 10 mins on 3.5 incline at 2.5 ( mph) damnit forgot to check if that was what it is called or measured by again ....oops

Sat in Jacuzzi tub for 15 mins

Today was a busy day for me work wise, so a little pressure but not so much negative, just busy...
Joesportstalk
ESTABLISHED MEMBER

Post by Joesportstalk »

swanso5 wrote:do you really know all those chicks from your space...if so give them number
I know a handful of them personally actually, but others I just talk to on the internet.

all of them will ALWAYS be in relationships already anyway man, I mean seriously whne you are that hot, how can you not always be some what involved with somebody LOL

But Sounds to me like you have a good head on your shoulders and are pretty fit yourself, so I bet you do OK with the ladies at the Gym or on those awesome Aussie beaches ..... :wink:
Joesportstalk
ESTABLISHED MEMBER

Post by Joesportstalk »

DianaB wrote:What's with the Cheetos???
Carbs friend, watch them...
d.
Sure thing Ms. Halloween candy eater LOL J/K

You are right of course ... Chester Cheetah is weekness. Thank god Costco sells boxes of the 100 calorie packs so I can still get of them and not do too much harm. :P
swanso5
VETERAN

Post by swanso5 »

the chick thing...suprising not really...

the food thing...i think you could use 1- 2 protein and veggie snacks

the training thing...post your joint rotations workout plz...
don't stretch area's that already have flexibility...too much cardio before wts for me...ab reps are far too high, try harder variations that allow only 15 reps maximum...too much calf focus which are 95% genetic...too mnay machines...the one you don't know the name of are Hyperextensions and promise me you'll never do them again unless you want back issues...

do you know how to and / or deadlift??

Today was a busy day for me work wise, so a
Joesportstalk
ESTABLISHED MEMBER

Post by Joesportstalk »

Day #3

Breakfast, Protien Shake with Peanut butter mixed in it, golden kiwi

Snack, danactive drink ( 80 calories) priobotic

Lunch, 8 Dolmas ( grape leaves stuffed) 10 pieces of sliced cucumber

Snack, Bag O cheetos ( 100 calories) Myoplex carb sense

Dinner, plate load of left over Spaghetti , bowl of salad with tomatoes on it .

I only drank 1 50 oz bottle of water today and 2 20 oz glasses

Workout:

Upper body ( I have a broken finger so these days are tough as I have no grip in left hand 5 more weeks doctor said )

Did nothing this morning workout wise, was busy with work again ughhhhh

Ok so tonight at the gym ,

Stretched and joint rotations for 30 mins.

Warm up on stationary bike for 10 mins on level 10.

Used body weight for resitance with open handed curls, one hand as a curl, and one hand pushing down with tricep as resitance ( again I will try to remeber to get some pics of this move next week when I have more time to do so)

Hammer curls with 40 lb dumbells 2 x 15

Machine shoulder rasies 2 X 15 125 lbs

Machine shoulder press 2 X 15 155 lbs

Machine incline press 2 X 15 175 lbs

Back machine for seated rows 2 x 15 225

Machine bench press 2 X 15 215

Skipped triceps today ( I am a lazy bastard )

Busy at work today, I am preparing for this convention tomorrow here in town www.blogworldexpo.com and just did not have head into it, or motivation right I guess.

I am currently working out at the 24 hr fitness Gym in Summerlin ( Las Vegas west side) it is the Andre Agassi super sport... I think I am gonna join another gym too and try a new atmosphere , I been at this gym for 2 yrs now and maybe have hit a routine that I need to alter some .

football season starts on the 18th of this month, and I am also trying to get head ready for the season opener too. so a lot of mental going on inside right now , new business start up, season about to start, and trying to challenge myself and get down to around 250 - 260 by spring. ( I want to look good enough to be on own sports show LOL .... ) Well that is all I got for today.

Swanso5, thanks for the tips I appreciate them ( even if I might not follow them all) I certainly apreciate the input and knowledge you share. Thank you .

Now ladies, where the hell are those inspiration photos ??????? help a fella out !
Joesportstalk
ESTABLISHED MEMBER

Post by Joesportstalk »

Day #4

No workout today, had to work at a convention and was walking all damn day, legs are too tired LOL plus a man can't workout 7 days a week can he?

Breakfast, egg sandwich

Lunch, cobb salad, package of sun chips , 20 oz water

Snack, Carbsense myoplex, 100 calorie nutter butter bar 16 oz water

Dinner, don't know yet, wife is at the gym .....

Wow busy day today.......
Joesportstalk
ESTABLISHED MEMBER

Post by Joesportstalk »

Day #5 :

Sorry I am late, was just to tired and brain was full last night to get to this ...

No workout again on Friday, I was at a convention all day and walked a thousand, gazillion , miles though it seems ...

Saw Mark Cuban speak at one of the spewaking sessions. He was a very down to earth real mans man kind of guy.

I learned a lot and plan to entertain any sports fans with what I learned very soon.

Breakfast, Protein shake

Lunch, cobb salad ( the only thing at the convention center restaurant worth eating I didn't want the pizza or the pasta ! and NO it was not organic unfortunately)

Snack, 100 calorie bar from nutter butter heeh I love those things !

Dinner, A dish from the Philippines that wife makes . A soup type of dish with a vegetable called upo, with ginger ( fresh sliced) and ground Turkey, and spinach, and some chinese greens I can't even pronounce ( one day I will figure those out I guess) . anyway it is some damn good soup! had two bowls of it and some low fat " Cheeze - It "brand snack crackers

Then had a couple peanut butter and jelly sandwiches to end the night with while watching some tube and trying to allow mind to consume all the information I took in over the last couple days of work!
Joesportstalk
ESTABLISHED MEMBER

Post by Joesportstalk »

Day #6 :

Breakfast, Protein shake

Early snack, 2 egg sandwiches

lunch, low fat cheeze it crackers, Tomato soup

Dinner, Shrimp fried rice

Snack, Dannon light and fit yogurt

I drank 100 oz of water today

Workout:

Rode the Stationary bike on level 10 for 10 mins.
Elliptical for 10 mins ( Various declining levels starting at 10 and working down a level every 1 minute until reaching level 6 then holding there )

3 X 25 various ab exercises
2X 20 on the lower back (Hyperextensions)

2 X 15 calf raise body weight with toes pointed forward
2 X 15 calf raises body weight with toes pointed outward
2 X 15 calf raises body weight with toes pointed inward
2 X 15 shin raises

2 X 15 leg extensions 150 lbs

2 X 15 leg curls with 150 lbs

2 X 25 adductor with 200 lbs

2 X 25 abductor with 200 lbs

10 more minutes elliptical (same as above)
walk 10 minutes on 4.0 incline at 2.7

Sat in Jacuzzi tub for 15 minutes

Today I worked a little, then went and watched a couple football teams in division play. I was scouting them to see how to match up etc... FINALLY our season is started and game time is upon us for official games !
swanso5
VETERAN

Post by swanso5 »

why all the machines joe?
Joesportstalk
ESTABLISHED MEMBER

Post by Joesportstalk »

swanso5 wrote:why all the machines joe?
well for the legs, I do the machines cause I am worried about squatinng heavy on knees .

and for the upper body stuff, I have a broken finger LOL so it is hard to grip and stabalize so most of the stuff I do, I do open handed. ( that is why I use body for biceps) I use one hand to curl with the other pushing down for resistance, I will take some pics of everything this week and get them online .