3 Months OL Progress

Post your workout journals so others can review your training and follow your progress!

Moderators: cassiegose, Boss Man

Boss Man
SITE ADMIN

Post by Boss Man »

Impressive. You should be proud of yourself.
DianaB
REGULAR

Post by DianaB »

I double posted one, here's the right link
http://ca.youtube.com/watch?v=VTRkP2LqV7A&feature=user
DianaB
REGULAR

Post by DianaB »

Thanks Boss, I have a ways to go yet, but weights are feeling very light these days, so i am happy for that.
Boss Man
SITE ADMIN

Post by Boss Man »

DianaB wrote:I double posted one, here's the right link
I thought I saw something before, I couldn't quite put finger on.

Well if they're starting to feel light, might be time to up them a bit.
swanso5
VETERAN

Post by swanso5 »

yeah great job, maybe some others will take notice here and make the move from bench presses to o lifts etc

just one question...

during your hang clean portion you seem to "roll" the bar off your thighs...do they teach you to do that? i always thought you were meant to sort of like do a 1/2 range of motion stiff leg deadlift (shift bum back behind you) then thrust forward although keeping the bar close but not touching

thoughts??

p.s. i hope everyone also checks out how low that chick in the foreground was squatting too
DianaB
REGULAR

Post by DianaB »

I can see using that motion from blocks (like SLDL). I'm not touching the thigh, but it might look like a bit of a roll, back could be straighter on the reps. I don't get much time during reps to thing about the next one, if it's not fast enough I'm going to hear about it. The funny thing is, there is 1 way to do any of these lifts right and when you do them wrong, you can really feel where it was wrong. Working with speed and higher reps teaches the CNS the form needed to get the weight up without killing yourself.
The videos help, I have the feel of the lifts, it's nice to see them as well.
swanso5
VETERAN

Post by swanso5 »

i wish i could get some videos of myself as i train by myself and have done for years so i could be doing a thoudand things wrong technique wise and i wouldn't even know it even though i probaby aren't...you can see the chick's arse "tuck" underneath her right at the bottom of her squats showing a lower back vs hips tightness issue which i think i do but can't see
DianaB
REGULAR

Post by DianaB »

They are just from cell phone, don't you train at the gym where you work?
I'm not sure where you are looking in her squat. Rox is doing OL for 3 years and she's pretty flexible, from what I've seen. She can do a technical squat with 80kg plus a few metal plates, and that's to the grass. At the bottom, I try to push tailbone to the floor to get a low as possible. It helps to get that low, your legs can shoot you up faster. Although it is possible to get too low. I actually folded myself up in a clean at the bottom so much I almost didn't make it back up! I think it's on video somewhere.
Those are the shoes I was talking about. They make a huge difference for stability, Chucks don't even come close, or any other running shoe. They have a really solid base and a wedge that helps you get as low as possible. Since I got them, training improved 100%.
DianaB
REGULAR

Post by DianaB »

Boss Man wrote:
DianaB wrote:
Well if they're starting to feel light, might be time to up them a bit.
It's not call on the weight. Eric has me pretty much regulated although he let me add more this week, but not much. When I get form down pat, the weight will come. But I do go up every week in regular training on most lifts.
swanso5
VETERAN

Post by swanso5 »

nah i don't train at work, train at home...

looked again and it sort of seems like she does to me...not much but a little
Boss Man
SITE ADMIN

Post by Boss Man »

DianaB wrote: It's not call on the weight.
Yeah, I did think that might be the case after I posted what I did.
SarahPT
REGULAR

Post by SarahPT »

Very nice job. You should feel proud.