180+ lbs to 127 lbs

Post your photos and show everyone the progress you have made with your physique!

Moderators: cassiegose, Boss Man

aarie
STARTING OUT

Post by aarie »

Been getting to the gym 3x per week for about a whole MONTH now and I've lost just a couple pounds but clothes are fitting loser and body is so much FIRMER. Instead of going to the gym once this week, I actually went outside and jogged about 3 miles (with minimal walking) - I jogged at about a 10:00 pace. I'm planning to take up some more running. goal is to complete a 7 mile cross country race in November. Search Google for "Living History Farms Race"
Last edited by aarie on Sat Sep 13, 2008 3:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.
vamp
VETERAN

Post by vamp »

Good for you. Remember, just like you need a day of rest between weight lifting sessions, you should do the same for long distance running as well.

The 2 days before race day you should eat slightly more for the fuel, rest well, and if you want to, a light workout consisting of a 10 minute warm up, a short 15 minute jog a 5 minute cool down and then stretching. I recommend the day before the race you just relax and not workout at all.

Great goal, Keep up the great work!

Cheers
Boss Man
SITE ADMIN

Post by Boss Man »

Keep up the hard work. You deserve to be proud of yourself.
jameswing
STARTING OUT

Post by jameswing »

aarie wrote:I've been working on this since May 2007 :) It took a year for me to lose 50 lbs.
Great Job, I just started and that's goal also.
vamp
VETERAN

Post by vamp »

James, you can do it!

Cheers
marshall1
STARTING OUT

Inspired

Post by marshall1 »

You are an inspiration. Don't let it stop with you.

Craig
brianDAhawaiian
STARTING OUT

Post by brianDAhawaiian »

aarie wrote:Been getting to the gym 3x per week for about a whole MONTH now and I've lost just a couple pounds but clothes are fitting loser and body is so much FIRMER. Instead of going to the gym once this week, I actually went outside and jogged about 3 miles (with minimal walking) - I jogged at about a 10:00 pace. I'm planning to take up some more running. goal is to complete a 7 mile cross country race in November. Search Google for "Living History Farms Race"
"Make the decision to be a part of the "Largest & best Cross Country Race in North America". You must be ready to climb fences, wade through creeks, avoid animals and claw your way to the top of gullies with over 6,000 other runners of questionable senses. It's a great way to end the racing season and have some war stories to talk about all winter long."

Whoa Mama! sound dangerous!!!! I believe you can do it, though, you got this far already, good luck!!

http://www.fitnesssports.com/November_r ... index.html
aarie
STARTING OUT

Post by aarie »

I ran over 5 miles on Tuesday this week!! Haven't had energy to do the weight lifting at this point though. Did have a nasty fall last week. Was running and came up on a sidewalk that was closed... it looked OK, so I kept running. Ended up tripping and skinned knee up really bad, but it's healing!! weight is fluctuating between 122-125 lbs and body fat % has decreased by about 3% (next time I go to the gym, I'm going to have it tested - right now I'm just going by scale at home)
Last edited by aarie on Fri Oct 10, 2008 12:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Boopster
REGULAR

Post by Boopster »

Way to go aarie! You should be so proud of yourself! Hope that knee heals quickly. Take your time and listen to your body. Keep up the great work :D
colada
STARTING OUT

incredible

Post by colada »

this is amazing, you look fantastic
aarie
STARTING OUT

Post by aarie »

Thanks!

Knee is healing pretty well and I ran 6 miles last night!! :shock:

birthday was on Thursday & I've been celebrating all weekend, so weight is up some now - 126 lbs
Boopster
REGULAR

Post by Boopster »

Happy Birthday! Celebrating is good;) You need to do that now and again. Hope you had a great birthday weekend :D
Boss Man
SITE ADMIN

Post by Boss Man »

I hope you celebrated, or at least had a great day. You're doing some pretty great things physically, and you should be proud of yourself, so keep up the hard work, and get better soon yeah :).
Mystik
ESTABLISHED MEMBER

Post by Mystik »

Great job. You look great. I personally like the picture of you at 135 pounds the best.
LINEBECK
STARTING OUT

Post by LINEBECK »

All the pics of you are pretty