Uneven

Questions or concerns about specific exercises? Post them here!

Moderators: cassiegose, Boss Man

Guts
SOCIAL CLIMBER

Uneven

Post by Guts »

I used to lift back in senior years and its been about 2 years and im starting to lift again. But chest is uneven the left is more defined than the right and im right handed. I don't have a set exercise schedule yet.. But I want to work chest and stomach the most.. So can anyone tell me some good stuff to use to get an even chest and exercises that work best for abs?
swanso5
VETERAN

Post by swanso5 »

perform DB chest exercises and only do as many reps as your weak side can handle with perfect form...maybe even do them 1 arm at a time if you have the core stability and balance...for abs fav's are dragon flags (HARD!!!), cable wood chop variations, hanging leg raises and prone hold variations
Guts
SOCIAL CLIMBER

thanks

Post by Guts »

Thanks, should I do ab exercise everyday? I usually do somethings 1 day and other parts the next and switch it back and forth.
swanso5
VETERAN

Post by swanso5 »

abs are the same every other muscle so you should be training them with variations or wt that allow 15 reps and no more training them 2 - 3 times a week
SarahPT
REGULAR

Post by SarahPT »

I agree with swanso. You can do some exercises with just one side. Single arm cable crossovers are a great example. It can be done with exercises such as DB presses. You may just need to anchor yorself by holding on to something with your other arm.

There are more good ab exercises than I could possibly list out there. Crunches can be made more challenging by holding a plate weight behind your head or doing them on a decline bench, Hanging leg raises are great.

Sarah
Princesscop1361
STARTING OUT

Questions

Post by Princesscop1361 »

What are "for abs fav's are dragon flags (HARD!!!), "
swanso5
VETERAN

Post by swanso5 »

bottom picture here:

http://www.dragondoor.com/articler/mode3/35/

but you can do them on a bench holding it with your arms behind / over your head for starters..start by just trying to lower yourself to the floor / bnech then try and lift yourself back up when you can do 10 x 10sec lowering portion reps