Spinning or...

A forum for anything related to cardiovascular training.

Moderators: cassiegose, Boss Man

Packard
VETERAN

Post by Packard »

You need to try to discover if there is an underlying cause for the uncontrolled appetite. Doctors will be of little help with this.

One possibility is what is known as "insulin rebound" or "insulin bounce".

When your body takes in sweets or foods that are easily digested into sugar it will produce insulin to allow you to process the sugar. If your body is a little out of alignment with your eating it will produce a bit too much insulin. The extra insulin signals your body that you need some more sugar. But if you take in more sugar than the insulin requires then your body will produce more insulin.

The cycle will not end until you go to sleep at night.

If you think this is a possibility you should try 2 days of eating with "low glycemic" foods. There are lists on the INTERNET of low glycemic foods.

High glycemic foods include: candy, sugar, many fruits, pasta, potatoes, white bread, and heavily processed grains.

Low glycemic foods include: most meats, poultry and fish, nuts, most vegetables (but not all).

A diet of low glycemic foods will not leave you hungry. Two or 3 days of this will tell you if this is an underlying cause.

Eating disorders should not be treated lightly. They can greatly affect your health.

Good luck.
desislavia
STARTING OUT

Post by desislavia »

Thanksssssss soo much for your passion to explain me all! I really aprishite it! :) I have read something about it but u explained me very very well and clear. Again thanks! I tryed stop alone the bulimia and i\m proud i can say that i controll it by myself. The last 3 years i had just sveral days of it. I can say everybody that only the gym and sport activities helped me so much! So people just go and GYM! The best phycologer! :D