Read Before Posting To Save Me and You A Lot Of Time

Discuss anything related to dieting, nutrition, recipes and food facts.

Moderators: cassiegose, Boss Man

fazza111
STARTING OUT

Post by fazza111 »

i think it is a good diet plan but one that is very restrictive and would be expensive to maintain in a family situation. I believe it would work great but time is an issue in preperation of meals ect. To buy these solid sources of protein such as lean meat and fish is quite expensive on top of the normal household shopping bills that rents would buy for the rest of the family.

i think this diet and workout plan would work if you lived and breathed about the phosique of your body.

i would like to try and implement this in a 2 week trial to see if i can maintain but that is highly unlikely.
swanso5
VETERAN

Post by swanso5 »

planning - yes get over it

expensive - not really, i earnt 21,000 (australian) dollars for the last financial year and eat exactly like this...i am now up to 10 - 11 meals a day

2 week trial - nothing will hapen in 2 weeks
fazza111
STARTING OUT

Post by fazza111 »

two week trail to see if i can maintain the diet. Not looking for results in the two weeks. I am really not that novice.
luke101
STARTING OUT

Post by luke101 »

Tips
- Solid protein sources include pork, turkey, red meat, kangaroo, fish, sardines, tuna, salmon, chicken and eggs (whites too)…obviously protein is also found in seeds but you want about 20g per meal for satiety and that is a lot of seeds

.. kangaroo? i did'nt think people ate kangaroo. can you find it in north america?

very insightfull post by the way
swanso5
VETERAN

Post by swanso5 »

i wouldn't think so
dbretecher
STARTING OUT

Post by dbretecher »

Great Post!!! Thank you!!
madmaxx
SOCIAL CLIMBER

Post by madmaxx »

Is organic soy milk good to eat with cereal? What kind of milk should I be using to not slow down digestion and that's also beneficial for weight loss ( if there even is such milk ). :shock:

Also, what's a good high fiber cereal brand? I can't seem to find any in the store next to me, maybe I'm looking wrong.
Boss Man
SITE ADMIN

Post by Boss Man »

Well yes you can have Soy Milk, or Almond and Rice Milk as well. They will all be okay for you to have.
lyrical84
STARTING OUT

muscle milk

Post by lyrical84 »

im trying to lose weight and gain muscle, mostly lose weight. that is the most important for me. is muscle milk a bad thing to drinl after a workout. a full body workout or weight training.
RK19
REGULAR

Post by RK19 »

you mean a protein shake?
Jumanji23
STARTING OUT

low carb/high nutrition not stressed enough...

Post by Jumanji23 »

FOR EVERYONE on these posts, swanso and Boss man have excellent training AND nutrition ideas. As two cents, I want to stress swanso's idea that you needn't much dairy at all. Dairy's vice is as bad as its virtue, and I believe you stick with a list of foods thats is virtue-heavy.

In other words, re milk w your cereal...try cassie's idea instead with your cereal---water and low-carb whey protein mix, NOT milk. and if you HAVE to have milk, make sure you account for the carb(sugar) content of carbs in the milk with your meal! Extra simple carbs past your body's tolerance in one of swanso's "feedings" will help you to store the carbs as fat.

I do NOT condone pork as an efficient protein and instead label it as a protein which is vice-heavy. Most complete proteins, especially meat and chicken, are highly acidic. if we don't chose a lot of the veggies (preferably raw like swanso and Boss Man recommend) and neutral-alkaline-heavy foods to accompany between 60-80% of our intake, these diet plans/workouts will not be operating at 100% efficiency. This is why I throw out dairy and pork.

One other note---at night time, provided your diet is in the 60-80% alkaline range, a really tough muscle building workout goes GREAT with proteins that break down slower, and lean red meat and your shakes such as cassein will do just that, so implement this as well.

Love the posts and the enthusiasm on here.
Jumanji23
STARTING OUT

Post by Jumanji23 »

Lyrical,

im not a fan of the all-inclusive shake. there are cheaper whey alternatives that are non-fat. this is what you want, taken at same time WITH a SUGARY CARB. best bet is a fruit, i usually grab a handful of blueberries (1/4-1/2 serving) but if you stick with low carb sugary fruits, go ahead and eat rasberries, blackberries, watermelon and strawberries. 1/2-3/4 serving of any one of those with your NON-FAT whey protein powder will be better for your body's recovery (always within 30 minutes) than your muscle milk shake. (and for you, just as important---CHEAPER! so its win-win!)
swanso5
VETERAN

Post by swanso5 »

nothing is set is set in stone and an extra 15g of carbs from milk post workout won;t hurt anyone anyway, it all goes to replenishment
Jumanji23
STARTING OUT

Post by Jumanji23 »

swanso yeah they could be doing worse than muscle milk, but you would agree cheapest/best combined would be a cheap high quality whey protein and a sugary cheap carb, like a fruit antioxidant rich but fast sugar.
Bonnie
VETERAN

Post by Bonnie »

Ok, I followed along the post alright, but the cardio section, I understand the initial HIIT..then the 5 mins, but what is it you consider to be the " easy interval for 20 mins " perhaps you could enlighten me as to what that means, exactly ?..thanks.