An 18 year old Six Pack

Post your photos and show everyone the progress you have made with your physique!

Moderators: cassiegose, Boss Man

alexblue28
STARTING OUT

An 18 year old Six Pack

Post by alexblue28 »

By alexbluez at 2010-03-07

Tell me your opinion....
Boss Man
SITE ADMIN

Re: An 18 year old Six Pack

Post by Boss Man »

That will be difficult to maintain on a bulk, because obviously you're of reasonable mass everywhere else right now, but you can do it to some extent, if you were not to suddenly eat tonnes of calories straight away, but increase gradually when you needed them.
swanso5
VETERAN

Post by swanso5 »

eat something??
alexblue28
STARTING OUT

Post by alexblue28 »

I got a high metabolism,thats why i dont get fat....im eating normaly,the only bad thing about it,is that i get hungry every 3 hours,sometimes i wake up in the midle of the night to get a snack because im hungry :(.The reason that i work out is not because i want to get buff,i just want to have a healthy body.I am rahitic on the chest and that would be the main reason i workout.
Boss Man
SITE ADMIN

Post by Boss Man »

Did you mean rakish on the Chest?

If you're hungry every 3 hours, that's okay, you would be advised to eat every 2.5-3 hours anyway. Though you should really feel like it's time, not because your stomach gives you really bad pangs. You may well be getting really bad pangs, because diet is a little low. having another 50-100 calories per meal, shouldn't make you want to eat less frequently per day, but might allow the pangs to stop being so aggressive within 10-30 minutes of a meal, by giving the metabolism a little more beneficial calorie burn in the 3 hour window, as opposed to possibly some muscle instead.

It's not necessarily about getting buff, but if you were like you are now in 50-60+ years, you might find you get pain, slow movement, etc etc, that might not have been there, if you'd added another 10lbs of muscle early on, as you'd be training hard enough to preserve it after the age of 50, when test levels really drop. Having little and no training properly to even maintain that, means you could be in a poor musculo-skeletal state by the age of 60, with a bit more body fat, viscerol Fat, (Fat around the Organs), and a bit of looseness of the skin.

Then you might only have a bit more Cardiovascular ability, and slightly lower Cholesterol and Blood Pressure, compared to ordinary slim people the same age, that don't have bad habits or vices, but never exercised. Wouldn't help though if you slipped down a few stairs and fractured something, because your bones were too thin and lacked adequate muscular support. Not to sound gruesome or use scare tactics, just being honest.

So gaining some more bulk would be desirable. Like you, I never trained to be huge, but for the overall long-term health, a bit more mass is better than none. You have that chance to prevent problems in the future before they occur. It's a lot harder to rid yourself of them, (if they are problems that can be reversed to some extent), when they happen.
williamteo
STARTING OUT

Post by williamteo »

Boss Man wrote:Did you mean rakish on the Chest?

If you're hungry every 3 hours, that's okay, you would be advised to eat every 2.5-3 hours anyway. Though you should really feel like it's time, not because your stomach gives you really bad pangs. You may well be getting really bad pangs, because diet is a little low. having another 50-100 calories per meal, shouldn't make you want to eat less frequently per day, but might allow the pangs to stop being so aggressive within 10-30 minutes of a meal, by giving the metabolism a little more beneficial calorie burn in the 3 hour window, as opposed to possibly some muscle instead.

It's not necessarily about getting buff, but if you were like you are now in 50-60+ years, you might find you get pain, slow movement, etc etc, that might not have been there, if you'd added another 10lbs of muscle early on, as you'd be training hard enough to preserve it after the age of 50, when test levels really drop. Having little and no training properly to even maintain that, means you could be in a poor musculo-skeletal state by the age of 60, with a bit more body fat, viscerol Fat, (Fat around the Organs), and a bit of looseness of the skin.

Then you might only have a bit more Cardiovascular ability, and slightly lower Cholesterol and Blood Pressure, compared to ordinary slim people the same age, that don't have bad habits or vices, but never exercised. Wouldn't help though if you slipped down a few stairs and fractured something, because your bones were too thin and lacked adequate muscular support. Not to sound gruesome or use scare tactics, just being honest.

So gaining some more bulk would be desirable. Like you, I never trained to be huge, but for the overall long-term health, a bit more mass is better than none. You have that chance to prevent problems in the future before they occur. It's a lot harder to rid yourself of them, (if they are problems that can be reversed to some extent), when they happen.
Hi Boss Man,

Did you mean that if he is the way he looks now when he reaches 50-60, he might not be in an ideal physical state because he should have more muscular bulk/mass? I am pushing 60 this year, if I may ask- am I too skinny? For your kind guidance please, thank you.

Boss Man
SITE ADMIN

Post by Boss Man »

Yes, I meant what you are referring too. Not necessarily for the look per se, but for the benefit of not being rakish. Being rakish in build when you're older, is likely to increase the risk of things like pain and movement problerms, because if someone trains to build some condition, they'd still be doing that past 50, when loss of Testosterone and other factors, would start to deprive them of natural human resources.

The fact they'd be training to develop more condition, and still be training that way, past 50, means this process of decline to some extent, could potentially for some years be prevented, then potentially occur at a slower rate, but definitely from a better start point, so they'd be in better condition when they're over 65.

At your age, change can be facilitated and I would suggest that you don't need to be really huge, but even you could be capable of more improvement, because you look in still good enough shape to get started on a training programme, or if you're on one, something that can be altered to be a little more difficult and proactive, conditioning wise.

Providing you don't have any issues with things like your Heart, Joints, etc etc, or you take medications that certain foods like Grapefruit may interefere with, or have any food allergies that may influence your diet, like Shellfish, Soy, Wheat, Sesame Seeds etc etc, you'd be fine, otherwise physical and / or dietry issues, such as those mentioned, could be worked around, but with suggested medical practicioner adivce first.

If you're looking to facilitate physical change and are currently on no training regime, then get started and after a few weeks intensify slightly, otherwise slightly intensify immediately if you're on one, staying within above reccomendations for diet and existing physical issues, if you already match the criteria I stated.

Hopefully that explains things for you :).
williamteo
STARTING OUT

Post by williamteo »

Thanks for the advise, I will certainly work towards adding more muscular mass to body. Cheers.