regarding fainting & what to eat when working out

A place to hang with other members, introduce yourself and discuss practically anything.

Moderators: cassiegose, Boss Man

happysmileeface
STARTING OUT

regarding fainting & what to eat when working out

Post by happysmileeface »

A few months back I fainted during an exercise class. Since then I drink a TON of water (plus 2 big water bottles per class), get plenty of rest, and eat healthy a little while before going to the gym. I've still almost passed out 3-4 times (which is not good when I'm doing step aerobics--quite scary actually as I've fallen and rolled on the floor). problem now is that I'm always afraid I'm not eating enough, so I eat before--sometimes twice, and then afterwords I'm shaky so I eat something, and then I eat again a little later on. On days I go to the gym twice it becomes an even bigger problem. So what's a girl to do? How do I manage eating and exercize...so that I won't faint? I often wonder what and how much the contestants on the biggest loser eat. They are very fague about that. Wish they'd clue me in. Can anyone clue me in? Thank you (o:
happysmileeface
STARTING OUT

Re: regarding fainting & what to eat when working out

Post by happysmileeface »

Typically I have a bowl of shredded wheat cereal, a banana and lots of milk. If I go an hour or so later I might have cheese and crackers and milk or a pbj sandwich and milk. Afterwards I'll eat a ham and cheese sandwich, or celery sticks & pb, raisins...etc. I'll go home and eat again 45 min-1 hr later. husband wont eat all day if he thinks he's going to go to the gym sometime that day. I think he's crazy...