Jocelyn's Food Journal

Post your food journals so others can review your diet and follow your progress!

Moderators: cassiegose, Boss Man

feelin-great
VETERAN

Re: Jocelyn's Food Journal

Post by feelin-great »

Thanks Bossman and Les :)

Weigh in day...

Last week's weight - 138.4 lbs
Current weight - 136.2 lbs

Yay :) I had two pieces of cake this weekend and I allowed myself to eat some other junk for b-day so I was surprised to see the large loss. But I guess the running I have been doing helped. family asked if I was OK with celebrating b-day Saturday night because they were all busy on b-day. So we grilled out (steak and chicken). It was yummy but sister made this fiesta dip stuff with tortilla chips that I went a little wild on! Yummy :) Chips and dip are a weakness of mine... She made a cake as well so I had one piece. Then on Sunday afternoon ( actual b-day) dad called and said they were doing another dinner for b-day, which was strange. So we grilled again (steak and kabobs). This time dad got me a Dairy Queen ice cream cake - double yum :) But I ran three miles after so at least I worked some of it off!

Today's menu...

Breakfast - cinnamon bagel with cream cheese, fresh fruit (co-workers brought this in for b-day - they know I am eating healthy so they tried their best, they apparently think Panera bagels are healthy) . But I give them tons of credit for thinking of me with the healthy eating part!

Snack - grapes and protein shake

Lunch - turkey sandwich, carrots

Snack - FF cottage cheese, 14 almonds

Dinner - chicken, brown rice, red pepper, mushrooms, zucchini
Nokie173
VETERAN

Post by Nokie173 »

Finally caught up!

1) Good job to sign up for the ½ Marathon!!!
2) Sorry your family treats you differently. I actually know how you feel!!!!!
(Long story short… I always get treated differently and when I speak up, I am known as talking back and it’s disrespectful… mom cherish older brother b/c he is a – He can no nothing wrong! :evil: :evil: :evil: ) Anyways, I really do feel your pain… But never fear friend… You will always be treated equally and respected in here with us! :wink:
3) HAPPY BELATED BDAY!!!!! :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

fitoverforty
VETERAN

Post by fitoverforty »

feelin-great wrote: Weigh in day...

Last week's weight - 138.4 lbs
Current weight - 136.2 lbs
:D woo hoo! awesome. :mrgreen: you go girl!
musculargirl
VETERAN

Post by musculargirl »

I'm glad you had a good birthday Jocelyn! Your doing great on the training, too!! :)
feelin-great
VETERAN

Post by feelin-great »

Yesterday was an oops day for food :lol: I didn't follow plan AT ALL! Except for the snacks, I did follow the snacks. But I had a bagel for lunch instead of sandwich. Then last night I got home later than planned so I didn't get a chance to get groceries so I got a burrito from Burrachos instead - YUMMM! I guess that's not the end of the world, all it really has in it is a soft shell, ground beef, black beans, salsa, and cheese. So not HORRIBLE I guess - although it was rather large. But I am going to get back on track today...

Today's menu...

Breakfast - Kashi Go Lean with skim milk, protein shake

Morning snack - 1 cup grapes, 28 almonds

Lunch - I will get a salad from the deli (lettuce, tomato, cucumber, chicken, hb egg, ff ranch dressing) and a fresh fruit cup

Afternoon snack - I will have to grab something from the deli, not sure what yet but they have lots of healthy options

Dinner - chicken, brown rice, sauteed veggies
feelin-great
VETERAN

Post by feelin-great »

One more oops night last night - again I got home late and still had to go grocery shopping so I ended up getting one of those small Tombstone pizzas - I ate half of it :( But the rest of the week shouldn't be so hectic so I should be able to stay on track.

Today's menu...

Breakfast - kashi go lean cereal, skim milk, protein shake

Snack - carrots and 2 lf string cheese

Lunch - turkey sandwich, grapes

Snack - 1 cup ff cottage cheese, 21 almonds

Dinner - chicken, brown rice, sauteed veggies
Nokie173
VETERAN

Post by Nokie173 »

feelin-great wrote:One more oops night last night - again I got home late and still had to go grocery shopping so I ended up getting one of those small Tombstone pizzas - I ate half of it :( But the rest of the week shouldn't be so hectic so I should be able to stay on track.
It's alright girl... just try your best and don't give up... :wink:
Boss Man
SITE ADMIN

Post by Boss Man »

I like the fact they're called Tombstone Pizzas. There's an ironic name for you. A reminder of what might happen if you eat too many during your lifetime :wink:
feelin-great
VETERAN

Post by feelin-great »

Boss Man wrote:I like the fact they're called Tombstone Pizzas. There's an ironic name for you. A reminder of what might happen if you eat too many during your lifetime :wink:
I was thinking the same thing when I typed that yesterday :) Never thought of it that way before, I guess whole outlook on food has changed :)
ironwill
VETERAN

Post by ironwill »

fitoverforty wrote:Yeah, I'm still traumatized by the underwater sight of old people in swimsuits bouncing around in slow motion - :shock: Shouldn't have worn goggles. 8)
:lol: :lol: :lol:
Boss Man
SITE ADMIN

Post by Boss Man »

At least they could still bounce. They're the lucky ones. Some old folks end up in no fit state to even butt wiggle let alone bounce :P