Lu's Workout Journal

Post your workout journals so others can review your training and follow your progress!

Moderators: cassiegose, Boss Man

feelin-great
VETERAN

Re: Lu's Workout Journal

Post by feelin-great »

Glad to hear your son is doing better - what a relief that must be :D
ldematto
VETERAN

Post by ldematto »

Thanks for sharing your experience Edgar :) son told me this morning that they also put a plate in - something that would make his recovery faster? We are on our way to pick him up from the hospital now - he was ready at dawn! He's like a caged animal, he hates being so closed off from everyone, no cell, no texting etc.

I'm thinking about doing Lipomassage - 3 x per week for 6 weeks concentrating on thighs, stomach, glutes...then once per month for upkeep. I'd have to give up deep tissue massages but if it would help reduce those areas...yes!! Any thoughts?
EdgarHF
HIGH FLYER

Post by EdgarHF »

ldematto wrote:Thanks for sharing your experience Edgar :) son told me this morning that they also put a plate in - something that would make his recovery faster?
The plate is there to hold things together until the bones fuse. There is no reason to take it out after the fusion takes hold so it will stay.
Nokie173
VETERAN

Post by Nokie173 »

Lesplease wrote:
ldematto wrote: I'm thinking about doing Lipomassage - 3 x per week for 6 weeks concentrating on thighs, stomach, glutes...then once per month for upkeep. I'd have to give up deep tissue massages but if it would help reduce those areas...yes!! Any thoughts?
sounds liek a gimmick dear?
What in the world is that??? Lipomassahe eh?? Must be expensive :?
ldematto
VETERAN

Post by ldematto »

It's pretty expensive - massage therapist now does this and I'm considering....they take pictures before and after along with measurements....who knows?? Maybe I can try it and give everyone else first hand results? Scam or not!
Boss Man
SITE ADMIN

Post by Boss Man »

Good to know things are going well :).

Take care and best wishes. It's going to be a bit of a slog still but you and your son respectively will there.
Bonnie
VETERAN

Post by Bonnie »

Cellulite is almost inescapable, I have it on legs, though it WAS alot worse 2 months ago,think diet I embarked on was helpful & I've doubled water intake.I saw something on the news a month ago about heat & fat cell manipulation, though to me that doesn't teach the discipline needed to have a healthy lifestyle, just a quick .
ldematto
VETERAN

Post by ldematto »

I don't think you can get rid of cellulite - this massage thing is sold as temporary...well, as temporary as you continuing to eat right, exercise and have an update monthly....I can't remember what he said he actually does, but I might try it....if anything it will give me a better look that I want to KEEP and motivate me to STAY on track with diet and exercise....I'm not sure yet what I'm going to do but I will let you know. I really don't have much cellulite per se.....

Good news is ALL blood work came back AOK! Everything is normal...no arthritus, no lymes, nothing....everything is normal, normal, normal....so?? That leaves me with I must've over trained at some point and pulled something......so, I'm going to push myself in intensity (higher reps, curcuits) but continue with lower weights, taking into consideration shoulder issues and legs/knees (for now anyway) Yesterday I did 2 curcuits of the 9 or 10 exercises, 12 reps....then got interrupted - son came to pick up grandson. Never got back to it....today is Sunday, normally day off - but I'm hoping to get on the treadmill later this evening - plan to pull some more weeds this afternoon, maybe THAT will be enough - ha!!

I need to spend some serious time with N.A.S.M. course in the next couple of weeks so I may not be as active here....I will at a minimum try to post workouts.

Have a great weekend!
Bonnie
VETERAN

Post by Bonnie »

The thing on the news was actually referring to fat loss, " lose up to 2 inch's off of the waist, etc " Is that what this claims to do ? Not sure why I remembered it as cellulite
Boss Man
SITE ADMIN

Post by Boss Man »

Most things claim to cause "weight loss".

Most of those things whether intended as electronic or ingestable weight loss aids, are pretty much bullcrap.

Be very careful about weight loss or workout products, that have a website all of their own. That's people in most if not all cases, with a bullcrap idea, desperately trying to sell it like it's cheap gold, because they don't appear to have anything else to make moola for them.
ldematto
VETERAN

Post by ldematto »

I'm probably the most skeptical of any of these fads, so I'll go forward carefully.....as far as massage (and it's called "Lypossage" ) I spelled it wrong before - feeling is I LOVE massage (3 x per week!) so even if it's bogus I'll enjoy.....and it's not THAT expensive. I'm still not sure what I'll do....

Didn't weed yesterday, but I did get on the treadmill. I chose custom program that is 3 intervals, 5 minutes, then 20 - but Will, Workout Buddy CHANGED it - guess he thought he could make his own custom program but instead overwrote mine :( Well, it was a crazy routine, and probably more challenging than mine so what the heck! It varied in speed and incline all over the place. :)

Today I am having a guest. friends 13 year old grandchild is visiting from Georgia and she likes to work out so I invited her over so she'll be here soon. Today I am planning on doing weights.

Have a great day!
Bonnie
VETERAN

Post by Bonnie »

Oh that sounds fun :) Have a good workout.
ldematto
VETERAN

Post by ldematto »

Workout today

Warmed up with 50 Windmills and stretching
Plie Squat - 10 lb DB - 3 x 12
Posterior Delts 5 lb DB's - 3 x 20
Alternating Curls 10 lb DB's - 3 x 10 x 2
Single Arm Rows - 25 lb DB - 3 x 10
Incline Flyes - 5 lb DB's - 3 x 12
Incline Press - 8 lb DB's - 3 x 12
Chin Ups - 3 x 10 w/assist
Walking Lunges - 10 lb DB's - 2 x 10
Reverse Lunges - 10 lb DB's 2 x 10
Sumo Squats - 2 x 10 (BW)

Demonstrated and did some sets of Glute Kickbacks, Hip Thrusts and Leg Raises for 13 yr old....was a good morning! :)

More Info on Lypossage - Lypossage cleanses the body of stagnant, stalled lumphatic fluid that can create lumps and bulges on the body. It alos tones the muscles, lifting and firming sagging tissue. Average results is the loss of 1 1/2 inches on thighs........I'd like THAT!!
EdgarHF
HIGH FLYER

Post by EdgarHF »

Nice workout!
Bonnie
VETERAN

Post by Bonnie »

sounds like a crock.