Aches and pains chat

A place to hang with other members, introduce yourself and discuss practically anything.

Moderators: cassiegose, Boss Man

oscarmadison
ESTABLISHED MEMBER

Aches and pains chat

Post by oscarmadison »

Today and for about two weeks, a right inner thigh light pain. today it seemed to extend up to lower left abdomen. not a "hurt" but a dull intermittent pain.

then the freaky one or two depending on the day. the top of left kneecap. its above the knee right between the thigh and kneecap. this one actually damn near trips me when it triggers(sharp).. today using the brake on a fork lift seemed to trigger it. I still did squats and deads today and didn't seem to exacerbate the "pains".

we will see tomorrow.

that is all,
you are free to move about the cabin....
oscarmadison
ESTABLISHED MEMBER

Re: Aches and pains chat

Post by oscarmadison »

I'm thinking I have a problem with Quadriceps femoris tendon. This is area of pain above knee cap or patella.

I dunno if I can keep working it with some discomfort? or will I further inflame or damage something?

Sometimes just walking shoots a rather severe pain out from this area but it subsides rather quickly.

Is there a Doctorman in the house? or maybe a Doctorwoman?

I won't charge you a thing to dispense advice to me here.

If you're skeered of dispensing free advice in an open forum, feel free to send me an email . operative word is free....
fitoverforty
VETERAN

Post by fitoverforty »

i sure ain't no doctorwoman...but I have a few questions about the pain. Does it occur when lifting the leg in your stride, and when using the brake on the forklift - does it hurt when lifting the leg to put it on the brake - or does it hurt when you press on the brake, and likewise in your down stride when foot is on the ground?
Reason I'm asking is that I have had a similar pain above kneecap and it was always when I lifted knee, as in getting out of the car, using the brakes and/or clutch, etc. I attributed it to chondromalacia of the patella area. But yours may be Quadraceps Tendonitis. Which occurs from sudden or over use before the tendon is strong enough to handle the load, causing some micro tears which in turn lead to inflammation and pain. Rest, icing and medicine to help reduce any swelling may be what you need to do. Definately don't workout on it.
Here's an article about it: http://www.kneepaininfo.com/kneeQuadTendinitis.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Hope this helps you! Good to hear from you again. Just hope your knee gets better soon! :D
oscarmadison
ESTABLISHED MEMBER

Post by oscarmadison »

today with mostly walking the inside of left knee was up in biddness!@.
tonight I have tens unit zapping the area. I might add ice latter............
for tomorrow i do dead lifts and step ups and extensions.....................
oscarmadison
ESTABLISHED MEMBER

Post by oscarmadison »

HA! no rain no knee pain. that is all, over