Lu's Workout Journal

Post your workout journals so others can review your training and follow your progress!

Moderators: cassiegose, Boss Man

ldematto
VETERAN

Re: Lu's Workout Journal

Post by ldematto »

Bonnie wrote:sounds like a crock.
Probably :)

Thanks Edgar....but I hurt tonight - arms, right arm in particular, not sure if it's rotator cuff or just normal *pain* from working out?!?! As you can see I'm using really light weights! Grrrrrrrrrr.......

Tomorrow Cardio....I may have to give arms a 2 day rest :(
fitoverforty
VETERAN

Post by fitoverforty »

great workout today Lu! I think you were just showing off for the kid. :wink: :lol: LOL!
EdgarHF
HIGH FLYER

Post by EdgarHF »

ldematto wrote:
As you can see I'm using really light weights! Grrrrrrrrrr......
I am using light weights myself. I am still working on getting the strength back in right arm from surgery last year.
ldematto
VETERAN

Post by ldematto »

Worked for hours on course yesterday - didn't work out :cry: Today I'm visiting Aunt, and then a couple who I'm marrying in July (I'm a JP) - both are out of town, so lots of driving time wasted...I'm hoping to get in a workout before I leave...but alas, *life* interferes. I have sore throat coming on - I think it's by just reading Lesplease's journal - LOL
ldematto
VETERAN

Post by ldematto »

Didn't have a chance to do any Cardio but did the following:

Warmed up with 50 Windmills and stretching.

Plie Squats 3 x 10 - 10 lb DB
Standing DB Rows - 3 x 10 - 8 lb DB's - I know, light! but I'm so afraid with rotator cuff issues...Single Arm Rows are fine, for up to 50 lbs, but even there I'm keeping it lower for now.
Standing Side Raises - 3 x 10 - 5 lb DB's, last set 8 lb DB's
Incline Flyes - 3 x 10 - 5 lb DB's, last set 8 lb DB's
Post Delts - 3 x 15 - 5 lb DB's
Incline Press - 3 x 10 - 8 lb DB's
Deads - 3 x 10 - 20 lb DB's
Concentric Curls - 1 x 10 x 2 - 10 lb DB's
Chins ups 2 x 10, Pull Ups 1 x 10 - w/assist

Need to take the dog out (will do lunges outside while I'm walking her) and then to the shower to get ready to leave for the day. Won't be home till 9:30 - 10 PM. Long day!

Have a great day!
Bonnie
VETERAN

Post by Bonnie »

Not sure If i recall what your MRI revealed, but personally I can't do side raises or those post deltoid things, the motion of lifting to the side is out of the question, where was your issues again ?
ldematto
VETERAN

Post by ldematto »

Bonnie wrote:Not sure If i recall what your MRI revealed, but personally I can't do side raises or those post deltoid things, the motion of lifting to the side is out of the question, where was your issues again ?
I have a tear in rotator cuff, but less than 50% - the posterior delts was an exercise given to me by the Physical Therapist - I also have some difficulty with the side raises, but using 5-8 lb DB's (IMO) is the most I can do which is also meant to gain strength. I won't be increasing those weights in the near future. In normal everyday functions just picking up purse from the front passenger seat in the car is a real issue for me...guess I should get a smaller purse :) But it seems to have improved somewhat....I think Swanso told me NOT to do bench presses...but incline presses were ok?
Bonnie
VETERAN

Post by Bonnie »

Oh ok.I do push ups & pullovers, no presses in the last, well six months ? If swanso said its fine, then I'm sure it is, keep up the good work :) Your purse is that heavy ?..open the door on the other side to retrieve it ?
ldematto
VETERAN

Post by ldematto »

Studied today - going to do some weeding - if I do Cardio it will be later this evening. I have found that I am eating too many home made Protein Bars ....need to minimize intake...they are so damn good and easy. I need to resume former practice of making 6 or so chicken breasts etc....I can just as easily grab some chicken and veggies.....I no longer use any sugar substitute, of course I haven't had sugar since way back when I started...I need to follow own advice and write down (or plan) what I'm going to eat, then eat it and track it! I'm just thinking out loud...hope you don't mind :)

Have a great day!
fitoverforty
VETERAN

Post by fitoverforty »

ldematto wrote:I'm just thinking out loud...hope you don't mind :)
Of course we don't mind...it's YOUR journal. :D
Okay, so I think the idea about the chicken breasts is fantastic - that is what I need to do. I am so glad that summer is here and all the farmer's markets are opening up - lots of fresh tomatos, squash, bell pepper, yum! Easy to make a grilled chicken salad. We have a small garden, but no bell peppers or squash, only tomatos & cucumbers. I never did make Brent's protein bars - I printed out the recipe, but for some reason never did. It is just as well, I can imagine with chocolate and sweet cravings I would be struggling with eating too many, just like you. How about cutting them into bite size pieces 3 or 4 small bites, and packaging them in baggies for the freezer, then just taking one bag out for a snack - just an idea.
ldematto wrote:going to do some weeding
I weeded whole garden (small - 15' x 6') last weekend, it is definitely a good workout - you could do your windmills....every time you go down - pull a weed! LOL! Single arm bent rows...no problem, instead of dumbbells, just pull back a weed! Hey, I think I'm on to something here! Lu's Garden workout - video to come....you could rake in millions! (get it..."rake", hahaha).
ldematto
VETERAN

Post by ldematto »

The area I was weeding today is huge and I couldn't stop :shock: But some of the weeds were 4 feet tall!! No flowers or veggies here yet...just open space packed with weeds, mostly the same kind...that I'd like to use - partially as a veggie garden and partial flower....still trying to determine what it will be. So, anyway, lots of pulling - had to use both hands most of the time....bending down too of course for the smaller ones....then raking - ugh!! I was doing this steady for at least 2 hours and have piles upon piles of weeds to dispose of. back is already aching!
oscarmadison
ESTABLISHED MEMBER

Post by oscarmadison »

I'd use a weed whip then a tiller....

but these modern conveniences are part of what aided us/we/me into getting fat!

back in the day i used reel type push lawn mower i was a skinny stick.

back in the day i used a hand held weed whip/clippers i was a skinny stick.

i was 12 at the time too though..........

a riding mower a mechanical weed whip, extra cars, wide screen high def televisions spouting 3-d like images of giant cheeseburgers and chocolate ice cream sundays...........ooooooooooh the humanity i gotta stop.

tune in next time see if I start pushing a mower.....
Boss Man
SITE ADMIN

Post by Boss Man »

Maybe you could find a nettle soup recipe, then amend it to allow for weeds instead of nettles :wink:

Definition of a weed. Any plant growing out of place. So even a Poppy in a field of Sunflowers, could be classed as a weed.
ldematto
VETERAN

Post by ldematto »

Boss Man wrote:Definition of a weed. Any plant growing out of place. So even a Poppy in a field of Sunflowers, could be classed as a weed.
I love Poppies!! You are right though - the *things" I am pulling could actually bloom at some point - they grow EVERYWHERE! I should've taken a picture when i started, you'd never believe what I had to remove...I planted 4 Mamosa (probably mispelled) trees last year in this area, only 3 lived <pout>. I transplanted them them from Mom's yard. Not sure if you know the story behind those trees, but those trees and poppy seeds Mom gave me will definitely be a part of this new area. Mom had beautiful poppies - they were displayed at one point in the local paper :)
oscarmadison wrote:back in the day i used reel type push lawn mower i was a skinny stick.

back in the day i used a hand held weed whip/clippers i was a skinny stick.
Oscar~!!!!!!!! Welcome Back! I missed yer skinny arse! LOL
ldematto
VETERAN

Post by ldematto »

Lesplease wrote:Thinkin' of you tomorrow, Lu. I've got some yardwork (hot and sweaty) in the morning, followed by some car detailing (read: playing in the hose).
Ahhh, what fun :) It's raining today so I think I'll work in the yard and *pretend* I'm playing with a hose. What's a little rain gonna do - if I melt that will be GREAT!(Thighs, , you know the spots!) LOL I'm so excited about seeing some results of hard work - and the best part is I could actually move this morning, I thought I wouldn't be able to get out of bed!