fat and back

A place to hang with other members, introduce yourself and discuss practically anything.

Moderators: cassiegose, Boss Man

musculargirl
VETERAN

fat and back

Post by musculargirl »

http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/page2/st ... ley/091130" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Has anyone seen this documentary is it out yet? I would be interested to see it.
musculargirl
VETERAN

Re: fat and back

Post by musculargirl »

actually i find this I think it was 72 or 73 year old lady more inspirational then that dude anyday.

http://abcnews.go.com/Health/mess-ernes ... 184&page=1" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Boss Man
SITE ADMIN

Post by Boss Man »

only issue is 1,700 calories. I can't fathom how she get's that look at such an amount, unless that a contest diet amount. If that was someone 40 years younger, they'd be eating about 3,000 at least, probably 3,500 maybe more, unless the figure of 1,700 is a typo perhaps.

I'm not insinuating anything about her, but I just can't quite get head around that caloric figure, as most people wouldn't get anywhere much on that and running marathons, you'd need more than 1,700, plus she's doing both marathons and bodybuilding, the two don't naturally work together, because the way you train for Marathons, would seriously hinder bodybuling in most cases.

I saw something like this about 15 years ago. An American woman around 75, was winning powerlifting titles, but I forget her name.
musculargirl
VETERAN

Post by musculargirl »

That does seem really low now that you mentioned it for all the exercise she does and weights. The article is probably not accurate in how many calories she takes in. I wouldn't be suprised about that at all if that were the case.
Boss Man
SITE ADMIN

Post by Boss Man »

Well it will, but it would to some extent depend on physical need, in respect of Macro an Micronutrients. I mean Iron is one a women would needs less of after 50, post-menopause and some other things potentially as well, so yes caloric intake would be not need to be as much as say a woman of 30, but even so, when you're trying to bulk even at that age, that amount does look a little low, especially as she also does marathon training.
MsGin
STARTING OUT

Post by MsGin »

Cool