What exercises to include?

Questions or concerns about specific exercises? Post them here!

Moderators: cassiegose, Boss Man

skully
REGULAR

What exercises to include?

Post by skully »

I wanna and try to put up a new exercise routine for myself as I am getting bored with old. I know I will be keep the "compound" major exercises....But I am lacking a lot with triceps and shoulders...and I don't know what to do for them. Pressdowns don't work for me...I do dips once a week, but it's always in the end of workout where I am tired...

For upper body I always start with bench press (incline/flat..never decline for safety reasons), pull down...

okay shut up amna...What I need to know is how many exercises I should include for each body part? Two chest? Two back (like lat pull down and rows)..then two others for tricep and bicep/shoulder...i dont know..)

Legs..what exercises are there for quads! Other than squats and leg extension and leg press and lunges....I just never feel a damn thing in squads...they never get sore, but I am seeing a lot of changes as compared to 6 months ago. when I tighten quads, i see a bump.

biceps seem to be growing at a much better rate than triceps even though i am not "directly" or often doing a lot of bicep exercises.
Boss Man
SITE ADMIN

Re: What exercises to include?

Post by Boss Man »

Lunges work Hamstrings. Not to be nitpicky.

There's Leg Presses, which will have some mild effect, Deadlifts may exert some effect, because of the similarity in motion between them and Squats and also step ups, but the ones you mentioned are really the main ones.
skully
REGULAR

Post by skully »

aren't there any creative exercises that i could do? i mean deadlifts mildy work quads, but mainly hams and calves...and i feel it after every workout ...i dotn do lunges wir hweights cuz i can neveer stablize body or handle the weight when i carry it...say 7kgs+...so I end up doing them weight-less...does it make much of a difference really?
rosemarie123
STARTING OUT

Post by rosemarie123 »

Thank you Boss Man for the information... I just wanted to ask a question though, height is 5'1" and I weigh is 112 lbs... not normal for someone as petite as I am. I tried water therapy, didn't work. I tried all sorts of diets but nothing seemed to work cause I still end up eating after starving myself for so long. And when I eat, I eat like I haven't eaten in days. So instead of losing weight, I gain even more! I read an article http://www.testosterone-cream-for-women ... mones2.php" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; that said that gaining weight could be due to hormones so I resorted to testosterone creams. Is this good? I haven't been using it for very long, so I don't know if it's safe..
Boss Man
SITE ADMIN

Post by Boss Man »

Your weight is fine for you height. Fad diets, creams and anything else won't work that well if at all and may be dangerous to your health in some cases, just eat normally and you'll be fine.