Advice

Post your food journals so others can review your diet and follow your progress!

Moderators: cassiegose, Boss Man

a05jwal
STARTING OUT

Advice

Post by a05jwal »

I have about 30 lbs to lose and I am doing weight training 3x/ week and about 45 minutes of cardio 4x a week. This is an example of eating yesterday, I think it was pretty good. Please give me feedback.

8:00 - Banana
hard boiled egg
1 coffee w/ 2 splenda packets.

10:30 - weight control oatmeal

12:00 - 1 cup of mixed fruit
12:30 - medium grilled porkchop
1 cup of small red potatoes w/ butter from grill

2:00 orange
1 peice of cheese

4:30 - 1 bowl of steamed cauliflower
1 crab stuffed mushroom

7:00 diet coke

8:00 - 14 almonds
salad (lettuce, broccoli, onion, radish) little bit of dressing

during day I drank at least 10 glasses of water
Boss Man
SITE ADMIN

Re: Advice

Post by Boss Man »

8:00 - Banana
hard boiled egg
1 coffee w/ 2 splenda packets. (Not enough Protein. 8 grams is too low).

10:30 - weight control oatmeal (What's the Protein like in this?)

12:00 - 1 cup of mixed fruit
12:30 - medium grilled porkchop
1 cup of small red potatoes w/ butter from grill (Good, but why are you splitting the Fruit, from the other meal, why not together, like having the Fruit as a kind of dessert? As you're just staggering the Carbs otherwise)

2:00 orange
1 peice of cheese (Not good enough. You're getting about 9 grams of Carb, and potentially less than 5g Protein from the Cheese, then if it's regular Cheese, you're padding out the calorie intake with some Saturated Fat, potentially more Fat calories, than Protein and Carbs combined. This needs more Carbs, and Protein).

4:30 - 1 bowl of steamed cauliflower
1 crab stuffed mushroom (Mushroom has about the same Carb to Protein ratio, but Protein looks low here.)

7:00 diet coke

8:00 - 14 almonds
salad (lettuce, broccoli, onion, radish) little bit of dressing (Poor levels of Protein, virtually none. Almonds give you about 6-8g per cup, but a cup gives you something rediculous like 700 calories, owing to the high Unsaturated good fat content. You're lucky if you're getting 5g of Protein from this meal)

during day I drank at least 10 glasses of water (Good).

Fact is here, your Carb intake looks good, aside from one meal, but your Protein intake is low, very low, to the point where you might be getting insufficient Amino Acid consumption daily, and if you get low amounts of the 8 essential Aminos, you are putting your health at risk.

So your Protein intake needs to change.

Examples.

Hard boiled Egg bites the dust. Instead Scramble about 4 Whites and a Yolk. The Yolk is a good source of Lutein, good for the Eyes, but also LDL Cholesterol, not good Cholesterol, so 1 yolk should be fine to get some Lutein, and keep LDL Cholesterol low.

Make sure you use Extra Large Eggs, so you get more Protein, or you'll only get about 16g. Larger ones contain 8g Protein not 6, and will therefore give you about another 1g Protein per white.

Look to include the following.

Chicken Breast. 3.5Oz, (100g). 30 grams Protein

Sliced Chicken or Turkey, same quantity, same Protein content.

Cheese. Low Fat Cheese, in Wedge form, keeps Fat to about 5g per wedge, and don't have a slice, have more than that, check the Protein content, then depending on what it is, have about one third to one half a Wedge.

Then you could have that Orange and Cheese meal, with a higher Cheese amount, that's lower at, add a Yoghurt in there, to get a little more Protein, and boost Carbs up. A quick and simple addition to the meal which boosts up your intake in a good way, to about 225 calories, then just add more Almonds, unti lyour meal intake is about 300-350 calories.

Soybeans if you can have them, and you like them. 33% Protein, so the highest percentage of Protein in any known food, and also the only Beans that have a complete Amino Acid profile, and are very good Carb source also.

Tofu, could be another source, (soybean Curd).

Fish, also a good one if you want it.

If you want Rice, you can have White now and again, but it is high Glycemic, so if you eat Rice often, either use White after a workout, to spike Bloodsugar, or switch to Brown, and keep White for now and again.

This is a good Carb source, but also has most of the Aminos found in Proteins, this makes it a Complimentary Protein source, as it isn't a complete Protein source, but as close as you can get to one

You could also get "Protein Enriched Pasta", good for Carbs, good for Protein.

So you have options there, and really you need to increase Protein, incase you're causing an Amino Acid deficiency, as you can't have meals with 1 hardboiled Egg, or a few Veggies and some Almonds, or 1 slice of Cheese. You're doing yourself no favours, and also, in terms of trying to strengthen your body, it won't happen very well.
a05jwal
STARTING OUT

Advice

Post by a05jwal »

Thanks, geez I thought I was doing good, okay I am going to clean it up and post tomorrow what I ate today to get your feedback.
THanks a lot