Feeling sleepy after exercise?

A place to hang with other members, introduce yourself and discuss practically anything.

Moderators: cassiegose, Boss Man

skully
REGULAR

Feeling sleepy after exercise?

Post by skully »

Wht do I feel VERY sleepy after exercise? I did some reading about the topic.

But it's been ongoing for a LONG-time now. I NEED to nap after I workout.

On average, 5 days/week I get about 8 hours of sleep, but the other two daysm I get 3-0 hours, no joke. Thanks to uni & it's a whole mess of a schedule. Anyway....

I usually feel extremely tired on Fridays more than any other day of the week. It could simply be the fact I eat ice cream after a heavy legs training session? I have protein shake of course, then that then a proper meal. Hm, I don't know.

But on average, I tend to get really tired after exercise.
LeanaJo
STARTING OUT

Re: Feeling sleepy after exercise?

Post by LeanaJo »

I have experienced this too, many a time. Especially after a long run (4-6 miles runs/jogs) I just get sleepy. I would take a shower after, put on a clean t-shirt and shorts, and take a 1-2 hour nap on the couch. And normally, I feel great after.
Lateralis17
STARTING OUT

Re: Feeling sleepy after exercise?

Post by Lateralis17 »

Working hard just makes you tired. Arnold used to get up in the morning, train, go home and sleep for 4 hours wake up and go train again. I would suggest monitoring your water intake because dehydration can cause fatigue even though you don't feel like you are dehydrated. Also, eat some fruit or drink juice after your workout to raise your blood sugar levels because hard training sessions can lower glucose levels. Lastly, just try to stay busy after your workout. If you are occupied you won't be so relaxed and feel drowsy. Hope this helps
Cheers :D

http://dietandexercisefacts.blogspot.com/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;