Aulden's Workout Journal

Post your workout journals so others can review your training and follow your progress!

Moderators: cassiegose, Boss Man

Aulz
STARTING OUT

Aulden's Workout Journal

Post by Aulz »

Hi Everyone,
I would formally like into introduce myself to this forum. name is Aulden Warbooke and like you I have some fitness goals to achieve. I started off at 88kgs and after 8 whole weeks of consistent training i am now 85kgs. It is intention to share workout logs with you and also whatever small knowledge i have. Since the start of training on October 19th 2010 i have had fair share of hick-ups ups that has hindered progress however i continue to press on. I hope to contribute quality information that will not only benefit this group but also the people who follow progress. I know this forum platform is just what i need to stay faithful and keep motivated through towards goals.

In saying this I would like to wish everyone the best of luck for their training and chat soon.

goal - Lean, ripped body, awesome endurance with some sense of flexibility.

Workout Days - Monday , Wednesday, Friday, Saturday

Diet - Balanced healthy diet 6 times a day (or try too)

Workout Program

WORKOUT A

***Functional Warm-up (5-7mins)***

2 minutes stationery bike (lubricates lower body joints)
Straight Leg bridge with double leg curl on stability ball (1 x 10)
Straight Leg bridge with single leg curl on stability ball (1 X 6 each leg)
Opposite raise from four point or push up position (1 X 5 on each side)
Medicine ball or cable lateral chopping on stability ball (1 X 6 each side)
Reverse back/hip extensions on stability ball (1 X 8)
Mountain Jumpers (1 X 10 each leg)
Break Dancers (1 X 10 each leg)

***Main Exercises***

Barbell Romanian Dead-lifts (2 X 12)
Barbell front squats (2 X 12)
Wide grip lat Pulldowns (2 X 12)
Walking lunges (up and back 10 steps for 2 sets)
Barbell Bench press (2 X 12)
Barbell Bent Over Rows (2 X 12)
Two Arm Swings (1 X 25)

***ABS Training Level 1***

Lying legs Thrusts (2 X 5)
Reverse Crunches (2 X 5)
Ab Bicycles (1 X 24)
Alternating Crunches (1 X 15)
Bench Crunches(1 x 15)
Abs Vacuum
.........................................................................................................

WORKOUT B

***Functional Warm-up (5-7mins)***

Barbell back Squats (2 X 12)
Over head Dumbbell Press (2 X 12)
Barbell standard dead-lifts (2 X 12)
One arm dumbbell rows (2 X 12 with each arm)
Dumbbell step - ups (2 X 12 with each leg)
Dumbbell bench press ( 1 X 12)
One arm Swings

Finish with Abs Exercise as above
.........................................................................................................

Workout C (optional depending how much you want results)

Running 20 minutes high intensity
........................................................................................................

(3 or 4 times a Week) Sequence of Workout (A/B/A/C) and following week would look something like (B/A/B/C)
Last edited by Aulz on Sun Dec 12, 2010 10:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Aulz
STARTING OUT

Re: Aulden's Workout Journal

Post by Aulz »

Hi Everyone

Since I have already started journal before entering into this forum i will post the previous few days including today's workout

Thursday 2nd December 2010

Workout lasted 1hr 30min (30 mins more than i would have liked)

Two words, "Extremely Exhausting"..workout B today. I now appreciate getting to the gym early because today other people seemed to have the same exercise routine as me. This left me in the back of the line so exercises weren't done in exact sequence as listed below. I wasn't able to do squats and deadlifts till later in the exercises simply because others were using this. Nevertheless i gave it best. I don't know whether it was a change of routine sequence or late night or change of exercises days but dang i was exhausted half way through routine.

Controversial techniques of standard dead lifts was explained to me by two different people whilst working out. Both techniques seemed to work however time was taken up just learning what best suited me. If not for the time loss factor I've learnt more and am sure i will be more effective when it comes standard dead lifts again.

Abs plank hold on stability ball still sucks by the way!!

Barbell back Squats (2 X 14)
Over head Dumbbell Press (2 X 14)
Barbell standard dead-lifts (2 X 14)
One arm dumbbell rows (2 X 15 with each arm)
Dumbbell step - ups (2 X 14 with each leg)
Dumbbell bench press ( 1 X 15)
One arm Swings (1 X 25 with each arm)

Till Saturday friends. !!

..................................................................................................................................................

Saturday, 4th December, 2010

Workout A

***Main Exercises***

Wide grip lat Pulldowns (2 X 12)
Two Arm Swings (1 X 25)

Changing up days has been abit challenging because after 6 weeks i think body was used to the monday, wednesday, friday routine. Todays workout started at 12pm and i meet up with allen. Overall workout was great however knee is real buggered from last week to the point where front squats and lunges were impossible. I did shorter squats that didn't require me to go all the way down. I also completed the lunges without any weights in hand. I am suppose to have gone for intervals on Sunday but have opted to rest knees for the weeks gym session. I will go back to Monday, Wed, Fri, Sat. Im hoping knee will be alright soon or else this will be a major interruption to 12 week program.

See you Monday!
.................................................................................................................................................

Monday 6th December, 2010

Workout B

I felt good with efforts today. Even though knee was giving me trouble i thought to push through it. Today i tried something different. Instead of warming up at the gym i cycled to the gym from home.

This took me about a good 20 mins and proved better than i thought. Back squats, step ups and one arm sings were almost impossible for me because the pressure on knee was painful. Instead of squatting right down i did short squats (quarter way down), i did step ups without the weights and i had to break in between sets while doing one arm swings. Abs workout was good but planks sucked!! The cycle back home took me 40 mins and i walked up the hills.No way did i have the energy to burn trying to cycle up those hills..

I hope to see a physiotherapist about knee before next training on Wednesday..

See you then!!
..................................................................................................................................................

WEDNESDAY 8th DECEMBER 2010 (Week 8 Day 2)

Today's workout was conducted in the afternoon simply because i had woke up late in the morning. I blame the alarm...lol..... dont know how i could have set it wrong. Anyway gym session in the afternoon was full with hardly any equipments to use and fresh air to breathe. Nevertheless it was intriguing seeing all the new faces and this kept things interesting. Got through workouts ok, this time i made sure to keep tings light on knees. Yes, i haven't see the physiotherapist yet!!

Workout B again ( teamed up with allen)

See you friday or saturday depending.

Saturday 11th December, 2010

Workout A

***Main Exercises***

Wide grip lat Pull downs (2 X 12)
Two Arm Swings (1 X 25)

Lazy saturday today so getting up at 5am was out of the question. Workout started around 12ish, also not a good time to workout..lol....Gym was fairly empty, either everyone was hungover from the previous night or the rapture occurred and i got left behind..lol...I feel more inclined to think the former.

On a more serious note, working out today was frustrating because knee hindered progress, especially when it came to squats and dead lifts. I improvised and used the machines instead of free weights but even then knee hurt badly.

I found it humorous to see some guys come in to the gym mostly to talk and side the chicks.From a positive perspective at least their imagination and eyes are getting a workout right, more like the wrong workout..lol...All in all workout was great apart from knee pains..

O and I still hate planks...

See you Monday because tomorrow i rest so no intervals!!

Monday 13th December, 2010

Workout B

One arm Swings

5.30 start at the gym today. I pushed more on the reps and circuits then normal. Bicycle was sore on the thighs mainly due to intervals between the various difficulty levels. Squats was again conducted on the machines to assist knee with the weights. Step up was conducted with body weight only too. One arm swings was surprisingly easier than normal.

See you Wednesday people. If you reading this and haven't commenced your workout, don't wait till the new year to start!!
ldematto
VETERAN

Post by ldematto »

Welcome~! I've been hanging around this forum for quite some time now, experienced lots of ups and downs, but am excited about being healthy and fit. Thank you for posting your workouts, they look interesting. I always look to others for ideas that I can incorporate into routine. Keep up the good work!

P.S. While we may "confess" our sins (eating too much or the wrong things, or not exercising) we all hope for daily improvement. :)
Aulz
STARTING OUT

Post by Aulz »

Thanks for the encouragement mate, i look forward to tracking your progress too... Good luck!!
Aulz
STARTING OUT

Post by Aulz »

Wednesday 15th December, 2010

Workout B Again

One arm Swings

It must be the festive season because its getting harder and harder to get up especially when it comes to training. 5.30am start today and dang was workouts tiring. By the third to forth main exercise body was exhausted to the point where i started to get frustrated at both myself and some other gym people. Either I'm starting to push myself further or the the little blends of creatine ingredients in protein shake is getting to me. Whatever the reason im getting more exhausted then normal, maybe its time to think about getting some energy boosters to help aid longevity. knees today didn't play up as much whilst doing back squats and standard deadlifts. I'm putting faith to the test knowing that knee has already being healed, Mark 10:52.I just want to thank the Lord for giving me the strength to push through even though at times i want to give up. 1 phase of 12 straight weeks of training is looming and I give God all the Honor Praise and Glory for edging me on everyday. After all, we are more than conquerors in Christ Jesus. Friday is the next day of training and i look forward to ending this week on a high!!

Stay true to your purpose and may you excel in life where it matters most!!

See you Friday!!
Aulz
STARTING OUT

Post by Aulz »

Friday 17th December, 2010 (Week 9 Day 3)

Workout A

Wide grip lat Pull downs (2 X 12)
Two Arm Swings (1 X 25)

Workout this morning was awesome even though i didn't feel like getting out of bed. Deadlifts were great, i increased weight load by 10kg (total of 40kgs excluding barbell) Front squat were great too because knee didn't give me any problems (thank you Lord)! Barbell rows were harsh but awesome with an increase load of 10kg totally 40kgs. Incline barbell presses increased by 10kg also totally 40kgs. All in all im glad i got out of bed today to attend gym. Tomorrow intervals , will be great!!

See you soon, until then lift you head up and keep moving forward!!
Aulz
STARTING OUT

Post by Aulz »

I did not make intervals on Saturday, i had to travel out for the weekend so Sunday was out too.

Monday 20th December, 2010

Exhausting, I did not want to get out of bed at all, found its ridiculously hard to do. After about 30mins of drifting in and out of sleep i finally got up. Workout B today, I manage to work way through it quite efficiently although it was a lazy monday. Glad to have went after-all.

One arm Swings
Aulz
STARTING OUT

Post by Aulz »

WEDNESDAY 15th DECEMBER, 2010 (WEEK 10 DAY 2)

Workout B

One arm Swings

Great and awesome is our God!! To him be the glory power and praise. Today's workout was spectacular. Today i experience a day of victory in more areas than one. Completed workouts in 35minutes (record time) and had plenty of time to spare. Festive season is around the corner and so is complacency and a slack attitude. This is an opportune time to show character and zeal giving it your best shot. Dig deep enough and you will see limitless potential within your self. Stay true to your goals and never lose sight of God..Good luck with your training people.

See you on Friday!!
Aulz
STARTING OUT

Post by Aulz »

LOL....For sure, it wouldn't be a cheat meal otherwise.
Aulz
STARTING OUT

Post by Aulz »

FridaY 25TH DECEMBER, 2010 (WEEK 10 DAY 3)

Its the afternoon and day before xmas. they gym is empty and im not motivated 110%. Besides this local gym closed early to i had to look for another. Thankfully though i found one and manage to get exercises in. Workout A today and was awesome. Tomorrow feasting because its christmas, so diet goes out the window. Monday training is in the balance for now because its public holiday here and nothing opens. Might conjure the mustard to do intervals but see what happens. If this doesnt workout looks like i would have a good three day break before hitting it again on Wednesday..

See you on the next post. Merry Xmas and a Happy New Year!!

Blessings
Aulz
STARTING OUT

Post by Aulz »

Monday 27th December, 2010

Almost wagged workout today but motivation got the better of me so i attended training. Its the first day of week 11 and i cant hardly wait to start changing up routines on the 12th week. Today was workout A, i completed the exercises but didn't push myself by adding any extra weights or reps. Since its the festive season I won't be too hard on myself. However after new year i will be looking to step up training and diet habits. I have already decided to move through towards an addition 12 weeks incorporating more running or intervals. I've seen good changes to body however better results would have shown had i stuck to a strict diet and be consistent through intervals. I'm thinking of even start some boxing training but see how strap for time i am.

SEE you wednesday!!
Aulz
STARTING OUT

Post by Aulz »

Wednesday, 29th December 2010 (WEEK 11 DAY 2)

Workout B and i did this in the afternoon. local gym was finally open again after some time being closed for xmas and boxing day. Though i wasn't feeling like hulk or flash today..lol...i managed to pull myself togather and push through workouts. Half way through i started enjoying it. knees have really improved from the pressure injury i had two weeks ago. strength has increased so thats a big plus. second phase of 12 weeks should be good with slighty heavier weights and increased reps.
Aulz
STARTING OUT

Post by Aulz »

Saturday 1st January 2011 (Week 11 Day 3)

Gyms were closed because it was a public holiday, so i decided to join Randel for his training runs at albert park. Today was all a out speed training so no weight training at all. I havn't done this at all since i started in week 1 but i was up for it anyway.

Warm -ups : butt kicks, high knees, leg kicks etc
10meteres explosive 3 point starts (x5)
20meteres " " (x5)
50 metres " " (x5) rolling starts

Overall workout was great i guess because it was something new. I didn't find it that hard but i have a feeling randel was only going easy because it was first time back.

See you Monday
Aulz
STARTING OUT

Post by Aulz »

Monday 3rd January 2011 (Week 12 Day 1)

Last week of phase one today. Since new year training will be made up of more running i decided to start today will a fitness run with randel. 6.30am start.

20 metre cone and back sprints : (40 seconds by 20 second rest) x10
Please note i didn't complete the 10 reps, lungs and legs were burning. I think i managed to do 6

10, 20 , 30, 30 20 10 metre cone shuttle sequence sprints ( i was disorientated so im hoping i completed it properly. X2

50 metre sprints x5

By now randel advised me to focus more on breathing and form. Overall was challenging and a killer on hamstrings, arms and ribs. I dont know why but ive seem to have got a sore body from running compared with full gym workouts. Tomorrow its back to the gym see you then!!

By the way hopefully i will have some short videos up of next run with randel.
Aulz
STARTING OUT

Post by Aulz »

WEDNESDAY 05th January 2011 (Week 12 Day 1)

Workout B this afternoon and im still trying to get over the festive week. I'm sure that im not the only one who over ate but need less to say its great getting back into the thick of things again. Ok, workout today was abit off the mark but managed to complete it all and in good time as well. I missed out on abs work though. Its goal to be in full force next week, that is getting back into regular healthy diet habits and normal exercises. That would be no short cuts no missing !!

Workout B

One arm Swings

See you tomorrow!!