discouraging "PLATEAU"

A forum for anything related to cardiovascular training.

Moderators: cassiegose, Boss Man

mauricio
STARTING OUT

discouraging "PLATEAU"

Post by mauricio »

I've started weight loss plan exactly 3 months ago and start in weight was at 285lbs...and now i'm at 242lbs..its been a great motivation booster seeing the scale every week and seeing results..and goal weight is 200lbs..i'm 5'10 and 26 years old..and wnat to live a healthy and happy life full of pure confidence..and ideal routine at the gym is basket ball..which is great cardio..but for some reason ive been very discourged that i've been stuck at 242lbs for the past month..smh..i feel like i'll never reach goal weight now..even tho i play basketball and do not eat crazy food anymore just fruits and veggies...i just don't get it..i dunno what to do..please anyone out there help me..because i'm at the point of stopping..smh...thanks everybody i'm new here and need guideance.
Boss Man
SITE ADMIN

Re: discouraging "PLATEAU"

Post by Boss Man »

It could be a dietary thing. What do you eat and what times do you eat?
scottgaran
ESTABLISHED MEMBER

Post by scottgaran »

Hi Mauricio, great job so far. One thing to consider is that you may not be eating ENOUGH. I know this doesn't make sence, but your metabolism has probably slowed because of the limited diet. I think you said all you eat is veggies and nuts.
You really need to keep a food log to see how much you are eating and the breakdown of macronutrients. Also if you are not weight training, I suggest you should start. The added muscle will help burn calories helping to break your plateau. Good luck.
Scott
ssmithy
STARTING OUT

Post by ssmithy »

YEh eating well and keeping balancing the Right Nutrition with Excercise is Important but I may also add that It could be a good Idea to Introduce something different into your current workout program. If you keep throwing something new into your exercise routine this prevents your Body from Adapting to your exercise routine "The PLATEAU what you are experiencing"
inch
STARTING OUT

Post by inch »

its really great that you've lost some weight...don't be discouraged..changing your diet would really help you lose some more...trying out a different type of exercise would help too...
AZFitnessGuy
STARTING OUT

Post by AZFitnessGuy »

You lost 40 pounds in 3 months so as the other posters said, dont stop!!! It's time now to get into the next phase and reeducate yourself, are you eating first thing in the morning? Are you having healhty snacks between meals and a small dinner? CAn you increase intensity in the gym, circuit training or high reps. If you like bball i agree it is great cardio, are you doing it at least 5 days a week? Or can you? how about sleep getting enough? keep us posted and don't give up!

-Joe
Personal Trainer
http://www.fitnessfromgroundzero.blogspot.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;