New updated workout, out with old in with new..

Post your workout journals so others can review your training and follow your progress!

Moderators: cassiegose, Boss Man

Bonnie
VETERAN

Re: New updated workout, out with old in with new..

Post by Bonnie »

Huh epsom salt is what makes the noise in the tummy or use them in the bath ? Since I heard that its the "gas " in synovial fluid, that makes the cracking noise in the joints, I have wondered about the growling noise..
Bonnie
VETERAN

Post by Bonnie »

Yeah in all honesty I could easily do HIIT 5 x a week if I was not doing weights.I've not yet found an article which gives me the actual reason or health concern, doing it beyond 2 x per week.
Bonnie
VETERAN

Post by Bonnie »

Yeah wish I had some, I saw some in the organics store, cheaper than the drug store ? Maybe pick some up tomorrow :) Though as I sit here, the legs aren't as bad as they were last week, good sign.
Bonnie
VETERAN

Post by Bonnie »

Gross, not nearly as enthralling as synovial fluid having gas ?..thanks though :)
scottgaran
ESTABLISHED MEMBER

Post by scottgaran »

Wow, just looking over the end of these posts. Interesting conversations!
Bonnie
VETERAN

Post by Bonnie »

mucous, secretion & cell poop ? Okay now thats interesting ! Think I'd rather stick to the food though ;) Yes scott, curiosity is a wonderful thing :)
Bonnie
VETERAN

Post by Bonnie »

That seems high, have they tested people with the exact same diet over a period of time ?
Bonnie
VETERAN

Post by Bonnie »

I just posted entire workout, pressed a wrong key of this retarded laptop as I often do & lost it.So later when I'm done second workout I will retype it.So freaking annoyed at these laptop keyboards.
Bonnie
VETERAN

Post by Bonnie »

Okay so now after I've worked out again, eaten & put fork down...lets try this AGAIN..

Todays workout

Pull ups ( as quickly as possible )
2 x 6..1 x 5
with
jump squats ( wide stance landing )
3 x 10

Clean & press with split stance finish
3 x 8 x 45
with
Side jumps ( width of the step platform & 8 inch height )
3 x 12

Clap push up...1 x 3 ( hands did not return to previous starting width, clap n down )
with 7 reg pushups
8 push ups one hand alternating on bosu ball.
4 alternating on medicine ball
with
Vertical bench jump ( 16 inch )
3 x 12

Burpee with push up
3 x 6

High to low woodchops on bosu
3 x 10

Prone plank with row
1 x 10 x 10
2 x 12 x 10

Reverse curls with bent knee & crossed feet
3 x 12

After 90 minutes of plyometrics I was tired.Not sure if those pull ups will EVER become explosive, I will keep trying, though I do have a fear of letting go of the bar etc.I did conquer fear of jumping up on the bench today ! Now I'm worried there will be nothing to jump on soon, that will be high enough ?..:) I have a concern, I'm noticing that brain is not firing on all cylinders lately.I left the carbohydrates in, so if its not a deprivation of them causing it, then why can't I focus ? I tried screwing water bottle lid on brita today.I get a thought then within 2 seconds its gone, almost ready to add the word " DUH " to mental vocabulary.I also find myself somewhat bitchy or impatient.I look forward to the day off tomorrow, no work, gym or housework & won't run around to much doing errands.

In regards to the cardiovascular conversation above, I know myself there is no way I could do weights & HIIT in one day.I mean even if we weren't taught about the different fuel sources being used in school, which of course Les is dead center on as always ;) I just hope they are correct on the intervals & steady state on an empty tummy theory & I didn't burn off precious muscle yesterday :shock: Kinda scary that the person in charge of your gym would think its a good idea though. Unless they make more money with membership renewal, by making their clients lose muscle ? Hope eveyone had a good day :)

Oh second workout

Treadmill steady state...20 minutes..incline 1...5.5 mph ( .5 incline increase.. .2 speed decrease ) Could of done more, place was empty, but decided maybe i shouldn't.
Bonnie
VETERAN

Post by Bonnie »

Weights aren't aerobic, they use the ATP system.
Bonnie
VETERAN

Post by Bonnie »

I'm so brain dead these days I don't even get what you typed, but if your telling me that weight training is aerobic.I' ll have to drag books out tomorrow.. for now I don't care, to tired.
fitoverforty
VETERAN

Post by fitoverforty »

Bonnie wrote:I have a concern, I'm noticing that brain is not firing on all cylinders lately.I left the carbohydrates in, so if its not a deprivation of them causing it, then why can't I focus ? I tried screwing water bottle lid on brita today.I get a thought then within 2 seconds its gone, almost ready to add the word " DUH " to mental vocabulary.I also find myself somewhat bitchy or impatient.I look forward to the day off tomorrow, no work, gym or housework & won't run around to much doing errands.
just opinion, but adding that extra workout in later in the day seems to be taking a toll on you? Did your lack of concentration start about the same time as your 2 a day workouts? just sayin'... :) if you don't want to cut back on the 2 a day workouts, then maybe you should try cycling your food differently to allow for the 2nd workout? I don't know - just thoughts. :?
Bonnie
VETERAN

Post by Bonnie »

Lol of course it started after I added the second workout, I just don't know WHY that would make brain in a fog & I can't correct it food wise If i don't know how :) Thanks though.

Maybe doing two workouts per day, will do this, so I 'll suffer it out till I'm done trimming down the fat %.
Boss Man
SITE ADMIN

Post by Boss Man »

Weight training is Aerobic in some respects yes. Anaerobic respiration occurs when the Pyruvate created by Glycolysis, is deprived of Oxygen and can't be used properly, so it gets converted to Ethanol Alcohol and Lactic Acid.

This is Anaerobic respiration.

If the Pyruvate has good Oxygen provision, (Aerobic respiration), it progresses to form part of Acetyl CoA, (Co-enzyme A), then to understanding eventually into the Krebs Cycle, which I have payed little attention to knowledge wise and right now don't care to know much about :P.
Bonnie
VETERAN

Post by Bonnie »

I hear ya, If they don't hurry up with this certificate odds are I'll of forgotten all of what I learned.Eleven weeks is a ridiculous amount of time to wait. I waited an extra week for the test results, so instead of giving me a break, they make me wait another four weeks or more.For what ?..papers were paid to be marked already, they don't need to mark anything.The lady at school always emphasized double checking address etc on the forms because she knows they take FOREVER to arrive & if there is anything wrong address wise, they don't call, it sits in a pile.I have a feeling I'll still be having nightmares about waiting ten years later too.

Whole foods visit today..bought some kamut rottini pasta, brown rice penne , pinto beans, adzuki beans, black beans, wehani rice & of course the main reason I went, the steel cut oats :D Umm so I read pinto beans turn pink when cooked & YES its why I bought them.How cool is it for an ugly little bean to turn pink eh ?..well they do have a decent amount of protein also, so if they don't turn pink, all is not a loss ;) Those hemp seeds are expensive, what would a person do with hemp or flax seeds anyway ? Was a good day off, but slightly low on energy due to low grain day.