C-tina's work out blog!

Post your workout journals so others can review your training and follow your progress!

Moderators: cassiegose, Boss Man

Bonnie
VETERAN

Re: C-tina's work out blog!

Post by Bonnie »

Cooking is fun :)
rockchick_82808
REGULAR

Post by rockchick_82808 »

Lesplease wrote:What did you make???
i made a tossed salad with thin slices of salami, cubed cheese, yellow peppers and topped with Italian dressing.
stir-fried chicken with thai basil (161 cal)
rosemary risotto (531 cal a serving but we cut the size of that in half and make it a side dish)

it turned out great! not to mention there was a lot of chicken left over so i can have that for a few days in a row.

on another note. so far i have been sticking to food journal. finding little tricks to make it easier on self has been helping a lot to surprise. :P
Boss Man
SITE ADMIN

Post by Boss Man »

It's about taking each day as it comes, but by trying to make small progress some days and other days sustain balance, you can make steady progress, without any steps back.

It will still be a continuous learning curve, but the more you try to understand, the greater the chance to understand and the more you increase your chances of achievement with a physical goal like yours.

Be proud of each new thing you do, because by trying to see the positives in such things, you improve your chances more greatly, by developing the kind of mindset that will be more condusive to progress.

You're doing a great job, so don't stop turning the past few days into more of the same. It's little by little, but ultimately by trying, learning and constantly being open, about all the ups and downs to people like us, but ultimately to yourself, you will make it a bit easier to go forward and make the process less daunting sometimes.

You are your own greatest asset, you just need to find out the greater extent to which you can be so and develop the ability to use the mental and emotional qualities, you do possess.

Keep up the hard work, because so far the past few days have been very positive and progressive, but you are very human Christina and a true Lady in every sense, so don't ever be afraid to slip up or question yourself and know that when you do, it's okay and the questions and slips, shouldn't be a reason to doubt or make some backward progress, unless you let them :).

I hope you keep having more days like the ones you've been having. You deserve to smile and be proud of yourself for recent things, including your brave, strong, courageous admissions, about self doubt, inner pain and feeling inadequate sometimes and I'm proud of you for them and I want you to continue to grow, blossom and become happier, healthier and stronger, because when you smile the universe lights up and this isn't about looking back with negative feeling to deeds and people, but looking forward to better things and a bright future, for you and for the love you have with your significant other.

Good luck and keep on pushing, because this is another chance to learn, develop and grow as an individual. Use it wisely and don't be afraid of anything, just be proud to be you at the moment, because you've earned that right misses.

:) :).
rockchick_82808
REGULAR

well yesterday was 23rd birthday! this week i have trying to use the excuse its bday i can eat whatever. i still counted calories. yesterday for dinner i wanted to go to this local pizza place well when we left the movies i decided to go another restaurant that doesnt serve it so i wont get tempted and ate a apple pecan salad instead. i felt good about it. i even passed up the all u can eat ice cream buffet! and ice cream is a huge weakness. i thought well...i already had some ice cream the other day and sunday aunt wants to take me out to treat me to one so i have to be good. its not like its going out of style any time soon. lol. i have been doing pretty good this week better than i thought. i have been keeping up food journal went over cal goal a few times but now cal that are going over are more whole grain foods and fruits and veggies. at least its not junk food.

i've been feeling more energized too. i know i said i wouldnt go on the scale everyday and try to only do it once a month but i was a bad girl and went on today. before i did i talked to myself first. i said, dont be discouraged about the number. u have been cooking, eating a nice breakfast every morning, bringing lunch to work, making better choices at restaurants, and are starting to feel better! whatever that scale says...be happy in the other improvements that u are making. i smiled a big smile :P then decided i was ready to take on that scale. it has been a week so what the hell. i grabbed it stepped on and.....LOST WEIGHT! went from 234 to 231! woo hoo!

i lost those few pounds boss man! best birthday gift i've given to myself in a long time.

these little things that i have been changing are really helping me. i'm starting to look at self differently too. i'm not going to be afraid of the what if i gain weight and fail again. i dont care. i'm just enjoying the little things i'm getting out of this first. :)
rockchick_82808
REGULAR

thank u!!! :D :D :D :D :D :D
Fygle
REGULAR

Post by Fygle »

Nice job!
Bonnie
VETERAN

Post by Bonnie »

Happy birthday :) Nothing wrong with weighing in once per week.
musculargirl
VETERAN

Post by musculargirl »

Congrats on the weight loss and happy birthday too!
Boss Man
SITE ADMIN

Post by Boss Man »

Good job. You see we both knew you could do it misses, but you needed to realise you had it and that it was always there.

This is potentially the best 12 months of your life. The chance to make even more of yourself than you ever have done, so just keep building on that start you've had recently and GOOD LUCK.

You CAN do this :).
rockchick_82808
REGULAR

im so mad at myself. last nite i did emotional eatting. i lost the key to moms house and freaked out. shes out of state and i have to feed the kitties. i was freaking out so bad and was hungry so ate an entire box of delux mac and cheese. it should of been four servings. i have to break that habit. other wise i ate good the rest of the day. had a salad and strawberries for break fest. couple slices of whole grain toast with low fat butter. lots of water and a serving of 1/2 percent milk. and 1 cup of egg salad. that damn mac and cheese ruined it. went well over calories. i didnt even want to write them down. i didnt want to face it, but i did it anyways. i had to, if i didnt not only would i be liying to myself but i would be making it harder on me in getting use to keeping journal. i did that in the past and i wont now. if i was bad then i have to write it. it will only force me to do better the next day.

today is a new day and i will do better. i will do what i can to eat more veggies and fruits today too. plus i have been trying to work way up to 8 glasses of water a day. i'll do work out today to. just because i'll be going bowling tonite and partying with friends doesnt give me an excuse to miss work out. the more calories burned the better. i'm going to have to eat b4 i go so i dont get tempted by their pizza. the crummy thing is tho- i plan to drink. i havent in a long time. so thought i would celebrate tonite. i know that will throw off cal. but i deserve a nite out. it doesnt happen often and i will do what i can food wise to not go too over board.
Bonnie
VETERAN

Post by Bonnie »

Could of been worse, could of been a box of cookies. Although pasta is high in carbohydrates & god knows whats in that " cheese sauce " :shock: , in the long run it wouldn't of been as bad as a total sugar spike, so pat yourself on the back for that :)
musculargirl
VETERAN

Post by musculargirl »

Is it possible your calories were low and you were hungry? What you described as eating didn't sound like a lot of calories.

You do got good taste in food. LOVE kraft macaroni. :)

But seriously, just keep going your doing well, don't worry about it and just move forward. :)
rockchick_82808
REGULAR

thank u ladies.

i need some advice. i want to start setting mini weight loss goals for each month so i dont get so discouraged about the total amount i really need to loose. what is a healthy monthly weight loss? i dont want to set something so low that i dont work that hard for but at the same time i dont want to go overboard and work myself to death. that always the case. any advice on what worked for u?
rockchick_82808
REGULAR

amatlack wrote:I can't really set goals like that. goals are more like...I'm going to stick to diet 100% for the whole week, or I'm going to get to lbs before I go on vacation next month, etc. Then I just believe I can do it, and that's really the key.

Goals that motivate me more are things like...I want to do a pull-up, really, really badly, so in order to do that, I need more muscle and less weight. Those kinds of things keep me going.

But anyway, to the main point of your question, 1-2 lbs per week is a healthy weightloss goal for most folks. So if you want to lose 2 lbs a week, that's 8 lbs for the month, and that requires that you really stick to clean eating.
thank u. i like the goals u set for urself too. im going to have to keep those in mind in case i get discouraged and need other ideas. i cant wait for it to get warm outside. i want to start running again. once i do that will be one goal for me. to bet record time for the mile run/jog. to get better with each passing day.
rockchick_82808
REGULAR

well, yesterday i was bad at work and bought this bag of cheetos puff popcorn. crazy to admit but i would actually eat an entire bag in the past! today when i got home i decided no more. i gave it to the family and told them to finish it off. i need to buy some fiber bars that have chocolate in them. i get this sweet tooth at work bc im always surrounded by candy. i brought grapes to work last nite but still managed to to buy that damn bag of junk. this isnt easy. i feel bad. but today is another day. at least im facing the truth about thsese habits. i have to try to break them.