Low blood cell count!

A place to hang with other members, introduce yourself and discuss practically anything.

Moderators: cassiegose, Boss Man

Boss Man
SITE ADMIN

Re: Low blood cell count!

Post by Boss Man »

Oh I agree, the circumstances involved doesn't mean it is necessarily as Iron based issue.

What I mean by "mitigating circumstances" Nath, is that sometimes Iron tablets might be required, but not as the main way of reversing or changing something, just now and then. A lot of times some problems with the body, (yours might be such problems), could be improved by diet, however there may be circumstances, (yours might be such circumstances), where tablets would be needed, but it's a question of what a medic interprets.

I didn't say Iron tablets are bad for you, but I was making the point, that some people could be given them for a reason, that can be helped by diet changes, but rather than change their lifestyle and end up not needing the tablets, they would rather take the tablets because it would be easier for them.

Such people complaining they haven't got time to workout, its expensive, healthy food is expensive, the usual excuses that in many cases are just that. Sometimes people genuinely have difficulty affording food, or finding time to exercise, so I'm not saying everyone who ever says these things, is lying to themselves, but many people are doing that.

Many people who live badly, could change their lifestyles and live better, but would rather keep taking Blood pressure and / or Cholesterol drugs, because it is quick and easy, even though in 99.5% of cases, bad lifestyle caused these people to need the drugs in the first place. occasionally it might be something else like a genetic reason.

I have a parent who does that and it irks me, because they do make excuses for bad living and do continue to use pills they don't need, or I believe they wouldn't need after a small period of lifestyle adjustment.

Hopefully that explains things better :).

I hope things work out for you and I wish you well. You are a true Lady and someone I have always been proud to share this site with, so GOOD LUCK and please do keep us posted okay :).
Frenchmaid1969
HIGH FLYER

Post by Frenchmaid1969 »

Hi Boss!!! Thanks so much for the explanation now i understand what you were saying...I try not to make people reapeat themself but sometime i can't help i really need to understand what they are saying! So thanks!

Well yesterday the naturopath took blood pressure she told me that it was a little low 104/82 she would preferd see it at 122 i don't understand most of the time bp is 122/80 or 122/74 but she think that it has something to do with adrinal gland she said sometime when your body is stress out or low in vitamin your adrinal gland get tired and it play with the blood pressuse. She also told me that i really need to increase b12 intake even that i am on the range its still low since i can go up to 800 but she would would like to see me around the 400 t0 500 mark. So she gave me some B-complex vitamin i have to take 2 daily for now! She also think that the reason why white cell are low could be cause by that and also that i still have yeast in body and so immune system is alwasy working hard that she she want me to take the B-complex too she said it will help.

She also think that i may not have enough acid in stomach to digest food which cause problem with digestion and intesting problem so she want me to try something it call HCI supppements i need to take those at every mean started with 1 cap... then at supper 2 all the way up to 5 caps .. but if i notice a warm feeling in stomac to stop and writhe the number down and then not to go up anymore just lower the intake of the capsulre.. she said that sometime people don't feel the warm stuff.

Also she gave me some Candida supplement to help to get rid of the yeast that i might have in body and also she said it help to clean your intesting from any unsanted organism in there.. YACK! lol

So i will start by that and see but when i take the candida stuff i need to follow some specific food stuff.. i mostly do it but there is stuff i eat right now that i can't on the list as ex: (egg, no butter at all, she told me to use coconut oil instead, no pepper red, green or yellow, and yogurt.. :( I usually eat the probotic one it has barely any sugar but she want me not to eat it for a while BUT SHE REALLY THINK THAT I HAVE ALLERGIES AND INTOLERENCE TO FOOD and after a few week we will introduce some food in small portion slowly!

IS THIS MAKE SENCE? I am ok with that its just the blood pressure stuff that i don't really like but hopefully it will get back to where it was before!

THANK BOSS MAN FOR ALL THE NICE ENCOURAGING WORDS.. THAT VERY NICE OF YOU! I REALLY NEED THAT RIGHT NOW... THANK YOU! :lol:
Boss Man
SITE ADMIN

Post by Boss Man »

That makes sense yes.

120/80 is the magical hoorah for Blood Pressure :wink:.

HCL are just Hydrochloric Acid Supplements, which is the type of Acid in the Stomach.

Often food intolerances are enzymatic in nature, so a Digestive Enzyme supplement could have been prescribed, but it seems on this occasio, it was not, so I'd avoid that unless the naturopath says different at any point.

Coconut Oil contains Medium Chain Triglycerides, (Lauric Acid, Capryllic Acid and Caproic Acid). Thye are saturates, but convert to energy in the Liver and don't store too easily, except for the Hydrogenated Coconut Oil in things like Ice Cream, which is not the same type and is worse.

Coconut Oil is also very heat stable and has a good smoke point, so it means you can cook with it fairly well, without it becoming toxic and potentially making the food you're cooking Carcinogenic, which is a plus, so Coconut Oil is good.

Avoid Extra Virgin Coconut Oil incase it's more expensive. Extra Virgin Olive Oil is a recognised product in its own right, compared to Olive Oil and has a Cold Pressed type too.

In comparison, Extra Virgin Coconut Oil to knowledge, has never been recognised as a different thing to Coconut Oil and should therefore be considered as a marketing exercise only, not necessarily a better product.
Frenchmaid1969
HIGH FLYER

Post by Frenchmaid1969 »

So the best bet would be Extra virgin olive oil but you can't really cook with that right?
Frenchmaid1969
HIGH FLYER

Post by Frenchmaid1969 »

Do you also think that maybe the low blood pessure cold be cause by the adrinal gland that are stress out? That weird i really never had low blood pressure pressure is usually 122/74 or 122/80 around there except for one time i think it was 109/74 and the doctor said it was probably because i was on period that day and your body loosing a lots of iron!! ??
Boss Man
SITE ADMIN

Post by Boss Man »

It might be. The Adrenals are responsible for Adrenaline production for one thing, a hormone that contributes to getting the heart rate pumped up and can contribute to high type feelings or fear type feelings. It is also administered sometimes to people that may be in immediate danger of dying as well, as a kickstart to the Heart.

I can't be sure of the relationship between the Adrenals and Blood Pressure however.

As for what you said about the Olive Oil, the Cold Pressed Extra Virgin is best.

Olives in Olive Oil normally go through a process involing heat, but Cold Pressed, go through a system that does not use heat and like with Carbohydrates, Fats can be lost when you cook, so the Cold Pressed system as I understand it, preserves more of the Fat in the Olives.

Being "Extra Virgin", means it is more pure. I don't really know much about these production methods as such, so I can't give specifics.

One thing to realise is though, that the purity and filtering may also increase the cost per bottle.

Coconut Oil can still have its place in your diet if you wish, becasue as stated, the MCT's convert to energy in the Liver, so that's a good thing. The Hydrogenated kind is usually a big issue and could contribute to body fat increases, but that is usually found in Ice Cream and a few other processed foods as I understand it. I don't actually think it can be bought as a standalone product, or in other words a product in a bottle or container, it is normally found in things and cannot be bought seperately.

If it can be bought seperately, I think it would probably only be to the catering trade, not the general public.
Frenchmaid1969
HIGH FLYER

Post by Frenchmaid1969 »

Ok thanks Boss, i will use extra olive oil in salad and probably cook with the coconut oil! She told me to use almond butter instead of butter I cut out margerine from diet a long time ago and i was using butter but she ask me to cut it out for at least 3 weeks to see if it make a difference she also ask me to cut out: egg, yogourt, anything with wheat, oat, so no more oatmeal, and bannuck i was making with barley flour just for a few week and this i will reintroduce those food group one by one! :D
Boss Man
SITE ADMIN

Post by Boss Man »

Best way to do it :). Introduce a food source you eliminated back in. Therefore if something physical starts happening that you don't want to happen, you'll be able to isolate what causes it and cut that food source out again.

Good luck :).
MicrobeHunter
STARTING OUT

Post by MicrobeHunter »

Are you getting plenty of protein? I donate blood regularly and hemoglobin (ref. range is roughly 12.5-15 for women) shot up from 12.5 or under to 14.5 when I started upping protein when I started working out. Also your doc can test your iron, ferritin, transferrin and other measures of iron storage. Also, one tip the girls at the community blood center suggested is prenatal vitamins. You get a lot of what you get in your multivitamin plus a boost of iron. Of course talk with your doc to make sure supplements/vitamins are necessary and which ones work better. Hope you get to feeling better soon!
Boss Man
SITE ADMIN

Post by Boss Man »

Iron boosting and improved usage can be done with things like Vitamin C and Copper, but too much Copper, Magnesium and Calcium can interfere with absorption as can Caffeine and Tannic Acid.

However Iron supplements / tablets should be discussed with a doctor for definite as you say, as too much Iron can cause Haemochromotosis.

In general, females need around 14-15 mg's a day for under 50's, because it's menstruated away to some extent. Males need 50% of that per day.
girlruns4fun
STARTING OUT

Post by girlruns4fun »

For millions of people with celiac, wheat allergies, and gluten sentitivity whole grains cause serious health problems. Anemia is a commom symtom in celiacs due to the destruction of the intestines by the gluten in whole grains. The malabsorption causes anemia and a host of other problems. Most celiacs have to take iron supplements because of the destruction to our intestines from whole grains. Ive known celiacs who had to have IV drips of iron supplements because the destruction to the intestines was so bad, their iron levels dropped dangerously low. Celiac researchers estimate 1 in 133 people are celiacs--they simply are un-diagnosed or in the vast majority of cases, mis-diagnosed. Whole grains are the food of death for millions of us--the assumption that whole grains are a vital dietary food requirement is incorrect.
Boss Man
SITE ADMIN

Post by Boss Man »

Agreed. Whole-grains for many can be healthy, but they are not vital. The cholesterol lowring potential from the Beta-glucan is not vital, because Plant Sterols and Omega fatty acids can create the desired result even if the person is exercising and pre-disposed to high cholesterol genetically.

The main thing is not to eat omega fatty foods in silly amounts, because the excess fat and calories could store as fat, but whole-grains in relation to Celiacs and Ulcerative Colitis are a no-no, however with Chrons, caution should be heeded due to the medical inability to directly link whole-grains to flare-ups of chrons.

Supplementation of Beta-glucan could be used, as an alternative to whole-grains for cholesterol management, in the case where the individual is not tolerant to Gluten and Wheat etc.