Indecision: Which one is better for me?

Questions or concerns about specific exercises? Post them here!

Moderators: cassiegose, Boss Man

xMARIEx
STARTING OUT

Indecision: Which one is better for me?

Post by xMARIEx »

Let me try to explain it the best I can...

I am 30 years old, 107 pounds and 5'3''... I am not fat at all but since I have son mid section have never been the same :(
I like to workout at home and I eat pretty healthy and around 1300 - 1700 calories daily. And I have about an hour a day to workout.

I am not trying to lose weight, I just want to tone whole body, get more strength and flatten . I have a heart disease, mitral prolapse, the cardiologists have already said that is good for me to workout and keep weight under control.

What would you do in situation
a... practice yoga one hour a day (power yoga)
b... i have a lot of the 10-minute solution dvds, so practice 30 minutes of yoga and do 30 minutes of the 10 minute solution
c... go a little bit more intense P90X, Insanity, Turbo Fire

I want to create a program or a schedule and devote myself to it. By the way which do to think will be better in case you recommend option c... P90X, insanity or Turbo Fire?

Thanks
=o)
Boss Man
SITE ADMIN

Re: Indecision: Which one is better for me?

Post by Boss Man »

I'd say do some weight training and the Yoga.

Weight training will impatc on the heart of cours,e but as long as you were'nt lifting weights all the time ot the point where your Arms nearly collapsed, thne you'd be okay.

Just make sure not to use exercises that might increase injury risk to things like the Shoulder are, or Wrists in particular, use good technique and don't overload on the weight and do too much.

The Yoga would be a good supplemental thing, so Weights 3 times a week, Yoga 2x. Potentially like this.

Day 1. Weights

Day 2. Yoga

Day 3. Weights

Day 4. Day off

Day 5. Yoga

Day 6. Weights

Day 7. Day off.

Maybe that would be viable.

I'd alos increase calories as they're a bit low at times. Sedentary females need around 1,800 a day, so I'd aim for 2,100-2,200, so you've got some to use for exercises and also to make sure you're getting a little bit more quality nutrition, to help your musculoskeletal system and organs develop a little more wellness and good condition.

Whatever you do decide, GOOD LUCK and keep us posted okay, we really would like to know how you're getting on and if you want need any more help and adivce, or want to offer support to others, don't hesistate to write, reply or comment. Anything you contribute will always be very welcome.

Best wishes :).
Jentry89
STARTING OUT

Post by Jentry89 »

I would suggest a mix between A and B. Do strength training about 3-4 days a week to tone up your body, and yoga about 5 days a week. I believe Insanity might be a little too much on your heart and would not advise that. You should talk to your doctor before starting any exercise regimens though! He/she will know what is best for you under your condition.
andrepitt77
STARTING OUT

Post by andrepitt77 »

I suggest A and B. Do strength training about 4 days a week to tone up your body, and yoga about all the week. I believe Insanity might be a little too much on your heart and would not advise that. You should talk to your doctor before starting any exercise regimens though! He/she will know what is best for you under your condition.