Fat Around Button Area?

Discuss tips and advice for losing body fat.

Moderators: cassiegose, Boss Man

Martin-Boy2
ESTABLISHED MEMBER

Re: Fat Around Button Area?

Post by Martin-Boy2 »

swanso5 wrote: hunch is that you might need some spinal adjustments via a GOOD chiropractor and once you're all aligned then you need to stiffen up your core and glutes to hold your new pelvic alignment
Could well be right. I am seeing the physio tomorrow, mostly for knee, but she is bound to ask how the back pain is going, and im just going to say i want to look at it further, especially the knee, the stretches aren't helping, there getting easier to do, but i really can't prolong this anymore, it's been months with minimal improvements.

And ive started waking up again with back ache, i never used to be stiff in the mornings i am now, she says it's normal and common, even at age? Either way i never used to have it, and i have the aches that normally won't go away unless i walk. I enjoy walking, but it's not always possible to go for a walk straight after waking up.

The thing is, she has looked at X-Rays and all and says spine is fine, and flexible and what not, i sort of feel that these problems are never going to be sorted :cry:

Perhaps an MRI? At least for knee, something is wrong, i'll ask her about the possibility of them being linked, but i can't bear hearing the advice, "keep stretching and come back in another 2 weeks", it's just too much of a drag.
swanso5
VETERAN

Post by swanso5 »

stretching will do nothing, do what i said regardless of what they say

also sleep with a small pillow between your legs when your on your side and under your hamstrings if on your back and never lye on your front
Martin-Boy2
ESTABLISHED MEMBER

Post by Martin-Boy2 »

swanso5 wrote:stretching will do nothing, do what i said regardless of what they say

also sleep with a small pillow between your legs when your on your side and under your hamstrings if on your back and never lye on your front
I used to use a lot of pillows, but now just the one, and i bought a memory foam pillow.

I was planning on going for a run this evening, didn't go yesterday as i was planning for today, but on left foot there's some soreness, perhaps from the small muscles in the feet from dorsiflexing ankle to try and help some mobility, damn always something in the way, not sure if it's muscle or something further than that, some steps foot feels sore, i may just go for the run though, im limited to what i can do as it is and getting kinda tired of missing sessions.

For the chiropractor, im sure that'll be classed as cosmetic.
Martin-Boy2
ESTABLISHED MEMBER

Post by Martin-Boy2 »

Discharged me as she can't find the cause of all the problems.

Has wrote a letter to Rhematology again to possibly check x-rays blood tests and see what they can find, have to phone doctors in 2 weeks, neck has felt so weak this morning and ive had a headache for ages, i feel if neck was to take some impact like a punch, it would break as it feels so weak and brittle.

Now im getting a bit worried as the problems aren't getting better or found.
Martin-Boy2
ESTABLISHED MEMBER

Post by Martin-Boy2 »

Went for tonights run 5laps/3.4 miles in 28:30mins, 40 secs better than previous.

PS;
Got eye on this girl that works in a store local to me, i go there fairly often, might have to make a move, felt i should of ages ago, yet i haven't had the balls to do so, better before it's too late, if it isn't already.

It's just, where im not working or nothing at the moment, id hate to be like, "oh i don't work", and seem like a bum, but i think there could be a connection between us, who knows :| Need to man up rather than sit here alone :oops:
Martin-Boy2
ESTABLISHED MEMBER

Post by Martin-Boy2 »

tODAY;
3x10 KB Swings
Deadlift 82.5kg 3x5
Bench Press 64kg 5x5
Barbell Row 55kg 4x8
DB OHP 18kg x2 3x8.
MissJenaKay
REGULAR

Post by MissJenaKay »

Martin-Boy2 wrote:Got eye on this girl that works in a store local to me, i go there fairly often, might have to make a move, felt i should of ages ago, yet i haven't had the balls to do so, better before it's too late, if it isn't already.

It's just, where im not working or nothing at the moment, id hate to be like, "oh i don't work", and seem like a bum, but i think there could be a connection between us, who knows :| Need to man up rather than sit here alone :oops:
Go for it, sweetheart! The worst that could happen is she could say she's not interested. You'll never know if you don't try though.
(I talk a big game but I can never make any moves. Lol.)
Martin-Boy2
ESTABLISHED MEMBER

Post by Martin-Boy2 »

Lol it's easier said than done Jen when it comes to it!

I see her earlier, i think she might like me, she always says hello/alright and i don't exactly ignore her lol i respond pretty much the same but if i can talk to her alone i'll ask how she's doing and all, i think we'd be suited, but it's when people are around which is usually quite often i don't feel as comfortable, guess ive just got to man up and say something before it's too late, if it isn't already.

Ughhhh lol.

It's easy to think, when i see her, im going to say this or do that, and then the butterflies come :|

Time 2 flirt :twisted:

I could add her on facebook or something, but that feels too creepy/stalkerish, plus ive never really been a fan of "online dating" and such :roll:

Todays macros;
3400 cals
170g protein
400g carbs
107g fat

Poor digestive system :o
MissJenaKay
REGULAR

Post by MissJenaKay »

Martin-Boy2 wrote:Lol it's easier said than done Jen when it comes to it!

I see her earlier, i think she might like me, she always says hello/alright and i don't exactly ignore her lol i respond pretty much the same but if i can talk to her alone i'll ask how she's doing and all, i think we'd be suited, but it's when people are around which is usually quite often i don't feel as comfortable, guess ive just got to man up and say something before it's too late, if it isn't already.

Ughhhh lol.

It's easy to think, when i see her, im going to say this or do that, and then the butterflies come :|
Oh, believe me darling, I know how you feel, 'm a pro at making friends with guys, but even when I'm pretty much head over heels for them, I'm WAY too shy to talk about how I feel or to flirt with them or anything like that. Try adding her on Facebook, it's easy to flirt a little more online, and online dating is different than what you'd be doing, it's much much easier to test the waters when you're not face to face. Best of luck, hun. I'd try to give you more to go off of, but I've been single for a LONG time and the couple of relationships that I've had in person (I'm one of those long-distance kind of people evidently, lol) came about because we had mutual friends, they fell for tomboyishness, then we realised, "Hey, we make better friends..." I still hope that things work out for you, sweetie, you deserve it! c:
Martin-Boy2
ESTABLISHED MEMBER

Post by Martin-Boy2 »

Ugh, i dunno what to say, it's easy to say, talk about the weather, what she likes, what music blah blah lol.

Don't want to go to the store and seem like a stalker though, how can i get her alone and talk to her without sounding like an idiot? Im not going to keep going down there that's just freakish and not me

Also, if i were to add her on facebook which i don't happen to use that often anyway, id like to know her first in person :roll:
Martin-Boy2
ESTABLISHED MEMBER

Post by Martin-Boy2 »

Was a bit worried last night as i couldn't sleep too well, i was worrying about something. Took me around 2 hours to go off, watched a movie for like 2 hours, read briefly, went to bed, couldn't sleep, so read again and couldn't sleep still, slept up the over end of bed and eventually went off, but what worries me is if i have a good workout session i feel, without sleep, it's all down the drain, i won't make progress without sleeping.

Anyway, tonights run;
3.4miles = 29;53mins, slower today, but still managed. right knee (the 1 that's been hurting), the hamstring tendon has started to ache after the sessions may have to keep an eye on it. It just feels so stiff afterwards, could be a good thing, but even if it is, it does hurt a bit briefly.

Man i eat too much. Even on non workout days, i end up eating around 3k calories, and this isn't deliberate, i eat when im hungry. I guess i could pay attention to more high fibre foods, but i feel they don't really change the situation much, if i eat 1k cals in a meal compared to 500, i'll still be hungry in about 3 hours time. I have noticed ive put on some weight, nothing significant, and i wouldn't say im fat, i used a body fat tester the other day, not sure if i did it right, but it worked out that i was about 17% body fat. Haven't thought about cutting down yet, as collarbones sticking out and all isn't an attractive look, i guess i don't care much for abs, but as long as i don't look fat, which when i look down on gut now sitting down, is what it's turning into.

But still, early days? :D
MissJenaKay
REGULAR

Post by MissJenaKay »

Martin-Boy2 wrote:Ugh, i dunno what to say, it's easy to say, talk about the weather, what she likes, what music blah blah lol.

Don't want to go to the store and seem like a stalker though, how can i get her alone and talk to her without sounding like an idiot? Im not going to keep going down there that's just freakish and not me

Also, if i were to add her on facebook which i don't happen to use that often anyway, id like to know her first in person :roll:
Just ask her if she would like to hang out sometime. Ask her to a pub or something. If you're as cute as you act like you are, then she is probably interested back in you (so long as she is single). Just talk about things you guys like, find some common ground. Maybe as a first step, you could ask for her number. Just make a little move. You won't sound like an idiot if you just say "Hey, I'm interested in getting to know you a little better." If you want, you could tell her that you're nervous or something, because then she'll be given a chance to appreciate that you aren't some smooth talking player or something. Just be human, doll.

I add people on Facebook if I vaguely know who they are and then use it to get to know them better, maybe I do things backwards, but yeah. . . Lol
Martin-Boy2
ESTABLISHED MEMBER

Post by Martin-Boy2 »

You see, i have all these things in head that, "it'll be easy to say/do this", or do that, and when it comes to it, i either don't get the chance or i do bottle it lol.

The only way i see her is usually at the store, i haven't bumped into her anywhere else, so i guess that's only way of seeing her, but the problem is, i think she knows i go to the store fairly often, or am a local customer, but i dunno when to go there, if i don't go there, nothing will happen, but i don't want to keep going there not getting the chance to speak to her and be thought of the guy that keeps coming in and not buying nothing lol.

I know i have to go there at the end of this week anyway, but that's just once, and she may not even be in there at that time or it'll most likely be real crowded.

And the thing is, the mates i have, that i went on holiday with a while ago and all, i never see them, probably about 4 months since i last see them, i gave up with that long ago, they never seem to wanna speak or know or nothing, so i thought i can't be bothered with all that. I do have a few other pals brother knows and that i sometimes go out with, it's just i don't want to come across to her as a billy-no mates sorta thing.
Martin-Boy2
ESTABLISHED MEMBER

Post by Martin-Boy2 »

Day 1 of the "fat guy calves plan"

Barbell Calf raise 70kg 4x10
1 Leg calf raise 20kg 3x8/ Lunge position calf raise 3x12 - Superset x3
Toe raise 10kg 3x15 each leg.

Still, through plantarflexion ankles feel like their burning up, dorsiflexion feels fine however, must be related to knee issue?

Ahh, dunno whether to go down the store or not, sometimes during the day it's bound to be empty, but i don't really need to go there yet, only for you know what :lol:
Martin-Boy2
ESTABLISHED MEMBER

Post by Martin-Boy2 »

UGHHH, shouldn't of gone down there, but i did.

Lol, just sitting about and im thinking, sitting here isn't going to start nothing, so i go down there, and even on a monday night it's pretty busy in there, not making exscuses, but it was. I saw she was behind the counter where about 4 people were queing so don't think she noticed me, but this is the thing, i don't want to be going in there like a creep "hunting" for her.

Well i have to go there the end of the week anyway to return something, perhaps i'll make it during the morning as it's likely to be less busy and hopefully shes there, preferably on the shop floor. You see, she's been working there a while, and ive thought before, yeah she's pretty, but never anything drastic to feel like getting to know her and all. And then the other day i bumped into 2 of pals in the store and one said why don't you get her number. I just thought, why not?

It's having the courage to speak to her, but the self conciousness too, without people around her, it'll make things more comfortable, i don't want to stalk her on facebook and add her saying hi im the guy that keeps coming in the store, it's an odd one, probably a phase, but ive got to try something staying here with time on hands is counter productive and only makes things worse.

ughh, BM, where are you bro