Just starting out

Discuss female concerns here.

Moderators: cassiegose, Boss Man

igneousisbliss
STARTING OUT

Re: Just starting out

Post by igneousisbliss »

I love soda, too...I was hooked on Coke Zero until I realized that it's mostly the carbonation that I like so much (I'm already a big coffee drinker so it's not just the caffeine).

Try the carbonated flavored waters that Wal-Mart has to start to wean you off of soda. They are calorie free, have the same carbonation as soda, fulfill that craving for a sweet drink, and carbonated water has the same hydrating effect as regular water (as long as there is no sodium added, which there isn't with these). Other than that, just drink regular water and coffee.
LLFITRITION
STARTING OUT

Post by LLFITRITION »

We agree with what some other women said. H20 is SO important. You're body is mostly made up of water, so you need to replenish it with water. For someone who weighs around 300lbs you should be drinking half your weight in water.. so 150 oz. Since you're a soda junkie, try making water taste more flavorful by adding things to it. We love adding cucumber slices, lemon, limes, strawberries. Also, try LaCroix. It's flavored carbonated water with zero everything! It helps curb the carbonation craving. We started an online resource related to health and fitness. You should check it out!

-L&L
http://www.llfitrition.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Boss Man
SITE ADMIN

Post by Boss Man »

LLFITRITION wrote: For someone who weighs around 300lbs you should be drinking half your weight in water.. so 150 oz.
Well in that case then half the persons weight would be 150lbs not 150 oz :P.

In oz that would be 2,400, which might be as much as a whale spouts out of it's blowhole in one day, but I'm not a whale behaviourologist, if that is an actual name of a proffession, so I can't be certain on that.

Sorry, just teasing with you.

Good to have you on board :).

Though in light of the Whale comments, no naval pun intended there.
Trish0102
SOCIAL CLIMBER

Post by Trish0102 »

You can start you goal little by little if you have less time. Just spare an hour or two for exercise daily. Don't forget also to have a balanced diet.