Nokie's Food Journal

Post your food journals so others can review your diet and follow your progress!

Moderators: cassiegose, Boss Man

Nokie173
VETERAN

Re: Nokie's Food Journal

Post by Nokie173 »

I knew it!!! Eggplant was a fruit... it has seeds!!! :P
***I know, I know.. I shouldn't think everything with seeds are consider fruits.

6:30 – Coffee, soymilk
9:30 – Hard boiled eggs x 1, oatmeal
11:30 – Meal replacement
12:00 – Kick boxing – 45mins – protein shake
1:30 – Grilled chicken teriyaki, string beans
4:00 – Plain yogurt with honey, low-fat string cheese
6:30 - Grilled chicken teriyaki, steam broccoli
9:00 - Meal replacement (If still hungry)

Saturday: 8AM - Kick boxing/ Zubma abs – 45/60mins
Sunday: 8AM - Elliptical – 1hr (while watching Japanese animation @ home) :P
*I didn’t workout on Tuesday so I will have a nice cardio for Sunday*

This weekend will be another challenge again because we have to go back to fiancé’s family place… yup, another 2hrs of driving. They are having a big fest. I’m already preparing myself mentally and try best again when it comes to food!! I’m going to the dentist in the morning so… I’m going to ask orthodontic to really tight braces so it can hurt… LOL (It will prevent me from eating too much… LOL…) :lol: :lol: :lol:

I hope I have a little time this weekend so I can upload the wedding dress that I bought. Have a good weekend all.
feelin-great
VETERAN

Post by feelin-great »

Good luck with the food at your get-together :D That's the hardest thing for me. Well, that and Girl Scout cookies :mrgreen:
Boss Man
SITE ADMIN

Post by Boss Man »

Aubergines are Fruits though. Everything with seeds and pips is a fruit, including Tomatos, Peppers, Aubergines as we know, Marrow and Cucumber, but Pineapple is a vegetable because it has no seeds.

Headjam city folks :wink:.
Nokie173
VETERAN

Post by Nokie173 »

6:30 – Black coffee
9:00 – Wheat bagel, low-fat cream cheese
10:30 – Coffee, soymilk
11:30 – Meal replacement
1:30 – Beef noodle soup
3:30 – Black coffee, Meal replacement
6:00 – Beef & veggie lentil soup

Finally, I have a chance to stop running around like a chicken with the head cut off. The last few days I’ve been stressing meeting deadlines, one after another. Long hours and finally got home last night at 11PM and crashed. Last Friday I stayed until 1AM… LOL I didn’t eat very much, didn’t sleep very much, and didn’t workout at all. Got up this morning, and really wanted to call in sick and sleep in like a baby! However, as a professional adult that need earn $$ to make ends meet… I went to work! :mrgreen:

Venting: :P *Delete* It's better... Thanks for listening/reading :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
Last edited by Nokie173 on Thu Nov 03, 2011 6:00 pm, edited 2 times in total.
musculArgirl2
VETERAN

Post by musculArgirl2 »

Glad to see you around Nokie. :)

Yeah working with people can suck sometimes. I think everyone can relate to that. I can also relate to the grey hairs. I don't have grey hairs but have it a little worse with a bit of a receding hair line. :oops: Getting old sucks sometimes. At least you can color you hair. :)

It's okay to vent! We here for you support. :D

Sleep good tonight and relax and take care of that headache. :)
feelin-great
VETERAN

Post by feelin-great »

Hey, we all need to vent sometimes - it could be worse, you could have gone and pigged out :mrgreen: Now get some sleep! I am proud of you for telling your boss no, you need to take care of yourself first!
Boss Man
SITE ADMIN

Post by Boss Man »

Try increasing the foods that contain Copper. Copper has some effects on Melantonin, that is a substance used by the body to colour hair and reduced levels of Melantonin can lead to greying. I think it is used to help the body produce Melantonin, as opposed to assisting with the use of Melantonin, but I do't know much about that process to be honest.

Such foods include Beans, Rice, Leafy greens, Wholegrains and I think, Liver, Shellfish and Pork also.

I you're a little low on Copper intake, try increasing through food, but be wary to use a supplement incase you get too much in your body, as that could lead to things like Copper Toxicity and Wilson's Disease.

Copper also helps with the bodies interaction between Collagen and Bones. It assists with the getting Collagen into bones, but I'm not sure how though and it also helps improve the use and storage of Iron, so it could help to decrease Anaemia risk. It should be noted though that too much as stated before, can actually interfere with Iron as I understand it, so another reason to be cautious about using Copper supplements.

The daily requirement for most is 2-3mg's a day.

You could try googling the words Copper, Melantonin and "grey hair" at the same time and see what comes up.
Nokie173
VETERAN

Post by Nokie173 »

6:30 – Black coffee, oatmeal, eggs
9:30 – Soymilk, Hard boiled eggs x2
12:00 – Won ton soup
3:30 – Low – Fat string cheese, protein shake
5:00 – Meal replacement
7:30 – Scramble egg whites with veggies

I’m a happy camper today… I had a good night sleep (crashed @ 9:30PM & up at 5:30AM) Full 8 hours :mrgreen: !!! And I have food in !!!… Oh yeah :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: So, I told boss I’ll stay behind a couple of hours for the next few months.

Ok… More copper. Sometimes, it makes me scared of supplements… like I’m over doing it. Here is what I have so far:

CLA (Tonalin)
Fish Oil (Kirkland)
Multivitamins (Centrum)
Iron (Spring Valley)
Melatonin (Spring Valley)
Triple Flex (Nature Made)
And 2 more stuff (I forgot… fiancé usually just put it in the box of medicine “days” for me. LOL…. b/c I forget to take them at night) :P
Boss Man
SITE ADMIN

Post by Boss Man »

Well if you're taking Melantonin, then forget about using a Copper one.
musculArgirl2
VETERAN

Post by musculArgirl2 »

Glad you got some sleep! The only supplement i take is fish oil. Sometimes a multivitamin too. Maybe i should take more i don't know. :?

What is your average hours you work a week nokie?

It seems like you work more than 40 most of the time? Maybe i'm wrong. :)
Nokie173
VETERAN

Post by Nokie173 »

6:30 – Coffee, soymilk, weetabix 2
9:30 – Beef udon noodle
12:00 – Green salad, side tuna, side dressing
2:30 – Low-fat string cheese, hard boiled egg
4:00 – Weights = Protein shake
6:30 – Sweet and sour soup

Saturday – 8AM – Kickboxing 45/60mins
Sunday – Elliptical 60mins/ZUMBA abs 15mins

Clarification – I asked fiancé what he put in medicine/vitamin box for me to take every night….

I listed most of it… I happen to mistake Milk thistle for Melatonin.

Melatonin is for him. He takes melatonin because he has sleeping issue and has research melatonin is suppose to be a better than those off the counter medications.

So… question, should I also take Melatonin or should I try to increase Copper?
Maybe, I should start taking Melatonin at night and increase copper through diet.

Becky, hours vary from time to time… Last week I worked 7 days and pulled over 100hrs. :shock: (12-16hrs... that’s NOT even tax season yet!!!) I wouldn’t have to work so much if that arrogant airhead knows what to do. However, things are getting better… I found out, I wasn’t the only that had to deal with the nasty attitude just the workload! But the issue escalated to upper management, beyond boss and to the VP. :evil: Unfortunately that 100hrs of work wasn’t any of projects… now… I have the end of the year to finish project because I'm behind. I’ll be working 40-60hrs or more per week until the end of the year to complete it. Then work lots more when Tax season hits (60-100hrs) or I might be working less if they hire temps, things are up in the air regarding hours … One thing for sure, right after tax season, I'm off to get married and travel somewhere… no clue yet… LOL …. Trust me, I won’t be thinking about work one bit!!! :wink:
musculArgirl2
VETERAN

Post by musculArgirl2 »

100 hours in a week? That doesn't even deserve :shock: that's more like :shock: :shock: :shock:

The honeymoon i think will be the funnest part to plan. You could go tropical or international a lot of fun choices to choose from. Personally i think i would go international. I've always wanted to go to Europe or Austrailia.

A friend went to switzerland for her honeymoon during the summer. She had pics on facebook. Looked beautiful.
Boss Man
SITE ADMIN

Post by Boss Man »

Keep using the Melantonin and increase Copper intake through diet.
fitoverforty
VETERAN

Post by fitoverforty »

Boss Man wrote:You could try googling the words Copper, Melantonin and "grey hair" at the same time and see what comes up.
a picture of me. :? :lol: bwahahaha!
Nokie173
VETERAN

Post by Nokie173 »

I had time tonight to post pictures of the wedding dress I bought. If I can lose weight, they will alter it in.
If I maintain the weight, it will stay the same... If I happen to "gain" it's lace up... so, I'll be safe.. LOL :P
I will also post body-frame pix... Whoa, it's been 1 month already since I posted the last one up...
I REALLY need to work on arms.... well, ALL OVER!! I need to be more strict :evil:

ImageImage