Nokie's Food Journal

Post your food journals so others can review your diet and follow your progress!

Moderators: cassiegose, Boss Man

fitoverforty
VETERAN

Re: Nokie's Food Journal

Post by fitoverforty »

Oh gosh Nokie! It is beautiful!! And you look amazing in it. I can already see that you have slimmed down since you posted the other pics of you in wedding dresses. Your hard work is paying off. I know you want to lose more weight, but just know that if you don't - you look great, just like you are right now.
Beautiful dress, beautiful girl = lucky man. :mrgreen:
musculArgirl2
VETERAN

Post by musculArgirl2 »

It is beautiful no doubt and you look beautiful in it! And elegant too! I'm so excited for you. :D :D
Boss Man
SITE ADMIN

Post by Boss Man »

You have nothing to feel bad about. Just keep working at what you're doing and more progress will come. He's marrying someone who is beautiful on the inside and that is something he should never forget :).
Nokie173
VETERAN

Post by Nokie173 »

Thank you everybody. I was feeling down not too long ago because mom said I should have got the other dress because I looked skinner. The current dress makes me look big and arms are chunky. Yeah, it hurt. Then I had doubts like I rushed to buy the dress. I didn’t eat that night and got all grumpy… LOL… I kept looking at the pictures like forever then posted online.

At the end, I finally decided that I will NOT return the dress b/c I bought it already and I liked it when I first bought it. I don’t think I’m that big… yeah, there’s room for improvements and I’m working on it. mom will forever say I’m chunky no matter what unless I’m a size ZERO. Sorry mom, I don’t think I will ever be a stick.…. Thank you all for your kind words… it helps me a lot when I get slap with harsh words and low self-esteem. :)

5:00AM – Kick Boxing (25mins) – Protein shake
7:30AM – Black Coffee, oatmeal, scramble eggs
10:30AM – Meal Replacement
12:00PM – Turbo Kick Boxing (45mins) protein shake
1:30PM – Baked fish, steamed broccoli, brown rice 1/4c
3:30PM – Hard Boiled eggs x 2, plain yogurt and honey
6:00PM – Grilled chicken, leafy greens
8:30/9– Protein shake (If still hungry)

Got up this morning, I did cardio kick boxing. 10mins in to it I realized I was supposed to do weights… LOL :lol: … ohwell next week, I’ll get it right.

We had daylight saving this weekend so it’s easier for me to get up however, its hecka COLD!!! But I gotta do what I gotta to reach goal…!!! :P

Here is what I’m aiming for workout… it’s still tentative

Monday – Weights AM /Kick boxing (class) – lunch
Tuesday – Kick Boxing AM/ Zumba abs PM (home)
Wednesday – Zumba AM/ Weights (class) – lunch
Thursday – Kick Boxing AM/ Zumba (class) - lunch
Friday – Weights AM/ Kick Boxing (class) – lunch
Saturday – Kick Boxing (home or class)
Sunday – Easy rest day or easy elliptical with the entertainment of Japanese animation!

I know, it looks a lot but it’s really not. I’m trying to make time for workouts because I tend to miss it here and there. If I did the morning workout, but have to miss lunch workout and have to stay late at work then its fine because I got a workout in! And if I get to do both workout morning and lunch… that’s even better more calories burn... LOL… :lol:

I’m trying to aim for weights workout 3 times a week and every other day same time trying to have time for cardio.

One of girlfriends asked me if I like to run with her. She said it will help me lose a lot of weight. She’s the type who likes to join race and asked if I wanted to do it with her. I flat out said no thank you. Love you and love the idea of racing but at the moment I’m not into it. I would like to stick to what I enjoy to keep me going. I really enjoy classes like kick boxing, weights and zumba. I even have dvd’s of it at home to keep me working out. I’m not a runner and I know I’m not because I feel sleepy when I run unless I do intervals by forcing myself. But when I do kick boxing and sweat so much and smile while doing it, I give it all. Maybe… sometime along the line…I might enjoy and nice run… maybe... just maybe… :P

When I go home tonight… I’ll try to post up pix from last month and this month. I personally don’t see a difference but it’s only a month… I dunno if I took measurements last month or I just can’t find it. So, I can’t compare numbers… I got a BIG notebook for this month’s measurements. :mrgreen:
musculArgirl2
VETERAN

Post by musculArgirl2 »

Hey Nokie i'm sorry your mom said that. :(

Any consolation i loved you in your dress and i showed mom as well and she thought it was beautiful too! :D
Last edited by musculArgirl2 on Sun Oct 27, 2013 1:15 am, edited 1 time in total.
Boss Man
SITE ADMIN

Post by Boss Man »

Don't worry about what other people say. You're doing a great job and you're such a beautiful person on the inside and that's a really wonderful way to be.

You WILL look exceptional and you WILL deserve your big moment.

You're a true Lady and he's going to be a very lucky man :).
Nokie173
VETERAN

Post by Nokie173 »

:D Thank You!!

Ok.... Here goes... I took it in a different room.. so the lights are different. :P
Like I mentioned, I don't see any difference... Maybe another month? Hope next month will show something.

November 2011

October 2011
Nokie173
VETERAN

Post by Nokie173 »

5:00AM – Kick Boxing (30mins) – Protein shake
7:30AM – Coffee, soymilk, pancake x1, sausage x1, scramble eggs x1
10:00AM – Pancake x1, sausage x1, scramble eggs x1
12:00PM – Leafy green salad, side tuna, fruit
2:30PM – Hard boiled eggs x2, low fat string cheese
4:30PM – Meal replacement
7:30PM – Baked pork chop, steam broccoli
9:00PM – Zumba Abs/Stretch – Protein shake

I have to work late today, so I’ll workout after dinner. Usually, I like to workout right after work and before dinner… but the time I get home and cook… I’ll be starving! So, I’ll do it after… as long as I get it in!!! :mrgreen:

Today, not sure why but company café got special breakfast deal: 2 eggs, 2 sausages/or bacons, 2 pancakes, and coffee for $3!!! Of course, I wanted some because I haven’t had it for a long time :twisted: … However, I split it into 2 meals instead of eating it all for 1 meal. :mrgreen:
fitoverforty
VETERAN

Post by fitoverforty »

I see a difference Nokie. It's hard for us to see our own changes sometimes. But i can tell you are losing weight and making progress. Keep working hard girl, you are such a go getter, and i respect and admire you for always being so honest and willing to put yourself out there, out of your comfort zone, to make the changes you need to make, and to achieve the results you want. You are doing fantastic!!! Don't doubt yourself or your progress so far, it is there, I see it. Keep going girl!! :mrgreen: :mrgreen: You inspire me!! :D
musculArgirl2
VETERAN

Post by musculArgirl2 »

i think your stomach looks a little smaller Nokie. Are you measurements smaller or do you weigh less?
Lynne's right nokie your doing really well with your goals and you are defintiely inspirational so keep it up! You can do it!

Your breakfast looks really good. Sausage and pancakes are kind of breakfast! :lol:
Boss Man
SITE ADMIN

Post by Boss Man »

I can something in the Obliques area and underarms as well, but the light is as you say perhaps being a slight hinderance in spotting alterations.

You may also consider that some of the fat you lost could be the result of metabolic enhancement partially or fully created by added muscle, as 1lb of added muscle helps to burn an extra 45-50 calories per day, but at this point, a bit of added muscle making up a proportion of fat loss, would give you a better body composition, but not allow visual changes to be as apparent, because you're changing in part, some of the deeper areas of your physiology, rather than just the subcutaneous ones.
Nokie173
VETERAN

Post by Nokie173 »

Thanks everybody for seeing something I don’t… LOL. :lol: I do have measurements for this month and will compare it to next month. I forgot to weight myself this month. :? I will ONLY weight/measure myself once a month. When I did it weekly and bi-weekly, I got all crazy and ended up doing it everyday. :( I will discipline myself better. So… I will weight myself next month. :mrgreen:

5:00AM – Kick Boxing (25mins) – Protein shake
7:30AM – Black coffee, Pancake, scramble eggs
10:30AM – Chicken & Wild Rice (Progresso Soup) x 1 cup
12:00PM – Weights workout (45mins) – Protein shake
1:30PM - Chicken & Wild Rice (Progresso Soup) x 1 cup, salad, side dressing
3:30PM – Meal replacement
6:30PM – Stir fried ground beef, eggplant, and broccoli with Shirataki noodles
8:30/9PM – Protein shake if still hungry

I didn’t finish pancake yesterday so I kept it for today… Also, Progresso Soups are on Sale… so I got me a stack of them!!! :shock: Oh yeah, I will have soup for lunch when I don’t have time to pack lunch from home, like today! :mrgreen:

Proud Moment:
So today we were doing weights in class, I decided to up weights to 2.5 & 5 lbs each side of the barbell, 5 & 10bs total. (10lbs for larger muscles and 5 for smaller muscles) Last time I did it, it was tough towards the end but I felt like I could have done more. Oh man, I was so struggling towards the middle of it. I felt like she told me to squat 100 times or something. :shock: I was ready to let go and take those weights off. Then, I thought to myself… I need to challenge body and strength. :twisted: I remembered the pictures I posted and I didn’t see a difference, but next month… I want to some kind of result so I kept lifting and lifting even though arms and legs were shaking, then I started to scream towards the end. .. LOL :lol: instructor was like… You go girl… Keep it up B!!! (She’s the same instructor for Kick Boxing. She knows name because I’m the only one that’s always shouting Ke-Ya every time I kick LOL…. :lol: ) I completed the whole workout with the extra weights!!! The time I got to the locker room, I was all jelly and couldn’t even lift arms to take off clothes to shower… LOL. I had to sit and drink protein shake. One thing for sure… It was so worth it. :D
Boss Man
SITE ADMIN

Post by Boss Man »

Good job :).

Keep using those mindset improvements, tto help bolster your progress. Mind and emotions are both key cornerstones to physical improvement, as much as the physical effort itself is. If one or more of those things are not in synchronicity, it can really make you struggle to achieve anything.
feelin-great
VETERAN

Post by feelin-great »

First of all - you look BEAUTIFUL in your wedding dress :D :D It is gorgeous!!!!!

Second, I can see a slight difference in your pics from last month to this month - sometimes we are just so hard on ourselves that we can't see the progress we have made.

Third - way to go on the workout! Those pictures are great motivation - keep it up :D
Nokie173
VETERAN

Post by Nokie173 »

Thanks guys :) I really think I did about 100 squats, lunges, dead lifts, rows, etc… Those barbells be working!

6:30 – Coffee
8:00 – Wheat bagel with peanut butter & jelly ½
10:00 – Wheat bagel with peanut butter & jelly ½
12:00 – Chicken & Wild Rice (Progresso Soup) x 1 cup, Salad
2:00 – Chicken & Wild Rice (Progresso Soup) x 1 cup
** Didn't feel like eating anything and fell asleep**

body aches so good… LOL :lol: to the point, I couldn’t get up this morning for morning workout. So I rested a bit more but will do cardio Zumba workout at home. When I got to work this morning, I just got this fat a$$ head ache. I didn’t even feel like eating breakfast. But co-worker got me something to eat so I can take medicine.

I’m a bit emotional disturbed at the moment and really don’t know how to react. I’m happy yet sad with mixed emotions. It affected me awhile back, so I’ve been drinking hard liquor, eating junk food, gained some weight, and haven’t been on shapefit. I would share it but it’s a bit personal and I don’t know how personal I should be. When I write/express… I REALLY express… LOL. However, it hunts me again, it is affecting me and giving me a head ache and no appetite. I hope time will help… sigh…
Last edited by Nokie173 on Fri Nov 11, 2011 2:33 pm, edited 2 times in total.