Nokie's Food Journal

Post your food journals so others can review your diet and follow your progress!

Moderators: cassiegose, Boss Man

Nokie173
VETERAN

Re: Nokie's Food Journal

Post by Nokie173 »

Thanks for being positive while I was a bit negative – actually extremely negative! I think I just lacked sleep and was overly stress. Everything is just hitting me all at once and I don’t have the strength or mind set to overcome it. I will try to sleep more because I need energy to tackle tough times… such as this. Again, thanks for letting me vent and being so positive! :D

6:30AM – Coffee, oatmeal
9:30AM – Wheat bagel, ham, eggs
12:00PM – Kick Boxing (45mins) – protein shake
1:30PM – Pork sandwich
4:00PM – Meal replacement
6:30PM – Steam fish & veggie
8:30PM – Weights (45mins) – Protein shake
Nokie173
VETERAN

Post by Nokie173 »

6:30AM – Coffee, wheat bread, turkey deli
9:30AM – Lettuce wrap with low fat cheese, turkey deli, orange
12:00PM – Chicken noodle soup, apple
2:30PM – Meal replacement shake
6:00PM – Grilled chicken and lettuce
8:00PM – Zumba – 45mins – protein shake

I just noticed I didn’t take a picture this month!!! :shock: I think I’ll just do it next month! :mrgreen:
Boss Man
SITE ADMIN

Post by Boss Man »

Nokie173 wrote: Again, thanks for letting me vent and being so positive!
That's okay, that's what this site and we are here for.

When you don't feel right we don't feel quite right, because one of our own is hurting or feeling dysfunctional and if we said get a grip you moaning minnie or something equally rough, we wouldn't be doing very well I don't think.

If things are getting a bit too much sometimes, don't hesitate to PM me if you need to. You've been a great contributor to this site for a long time now and this site would never be the same without you I'm sure of that and we all want you to feel special, loved and happy, I'm sure of that too, because you are a bit special in the way(s), in which you converse with others and when you get married, hopefully you will have many great memories to look back on, with someone who will hopefully never forget the true value of marriage and the person he will be married to.

Just keep on keeping on and don't be afraid to be more human sometimes and show some frailty occasionally if you need to, because it would be understandable, no matter how strong or bullish you might normally feel as a person, you're only human and sometimes things can be a bit overwhelming, in situations where stress, pressure and other people, seem to be coming from all sides and you're in the middle fieldling the curve balls and shielding yourself from the near constant barrage.

So I totally understand that things must be somewhat up and down right now and when people like you need it most, we try to be there for those that are there for us, how ever often that might be.

You're a great person Nokie and a great light in many peoples lives, so keep on shining and being beautiful, because your intended to be is one seriously lucky guy, to have someone like you to marry and I hope he never forgets it, because a good strong marriage is worth more than anything money can buy and you are DEFINITELY worth it :).
feelin-great
VETERAN

Post by feelin-great »

Hey Nokie, I am so sorry to hear that you are going through such a rough time :( Sometimes we hold things in and then we just need to vent, so vent away, we are here for you!

I know how you feel, I have been there before. It feels like everything and everyone is against you and you just need to scream - but in the middle of it all you have to take a deep breath and remember the good things you have. You are a beautiful woman, inside AND out - don't ever forget that! You may have a few pounds you want to lose, but you are by no means fat! And be proud of the fact that you are doing something about it instead of letting it get out of hand - it will happen with all of your hard work and determination! And as stressful as your wedding planning is, remember that you have a fiance who loves you and you will be with when it is all over :D

And also don't forget that we are here for you so you can always get things off your chest on here. Sometimes just getting it out there can relieve a lot of the stress instead of holding it all inside to build up. You are such a wonderful person and have been so supportive on this site and I am very grateful for that :D **HUGS**
Nokie173
VETERAN

Post by Nokie173 »

Thank you everybody!!! You guys/gals always make me feel calm and better in some way after expressing/ venting. I’m reading this at work and trying to hold back tears because times like this I’m glad I have a place to run to for support. This place not only help physically but also emotionally… and that I am very bless & thankful for... :)

6:30AM – Coffee, oatmeal
10:00AM – Wheat breakfast burrito
12:00PM – Weights – protein shake
1:30PM – Rice, chicken, curry, salad (Eating half)
3:30PM – Rice, chicken, curry, salad (Finishing half)
6:00PM – Grilled fish, steam green beans
8:00PM – Kick boxing (45mins) – protein shake

I didn’t want to go to gym today but friend at work told me to go! No excuses because she doesn’t want to hear it. LOL… :lol: So, at last min I went. I didn’t want to go because I was full of anger with work stuff and wasn’t in the mood. I know getting out of the office would be good but I was just too caught up with drama … Thank goodness I went! Man, I lifted those barbells with all strengths… Not only do I feel good after but I’m too darn tired to get all fire up about useless shit. I’m relief! Life is too short… I gotta take it easy with stress level or else I have to go back to the emergency room… :shock:
musculArgirl2
VETERAN

Post by musculArgirl2 »

Nokie173 wrote: because times like this I’m glad I have a place to run to for support. This place not only help physically but also emotionally… and that I am very bless & thankful for...
I agree!!! :D

I think you do need to take it easy with your stress Nokie if you can in some ways somehow! :?
ldematto
VETERAN

Post by ldematto »

Hey Nokie, sorry I haven't been around to support you - I guess I was in own funk! But I'm good now ! I agree this is a great place to vent - I know I always miss you, Lynne, Boss Man and many others. It's a special place....and I hope we can continue to share our lives and help each other. Thank you for being there for me ;)
Boss Man
SITE ADMIN

Post by Boss Man »

Personally I don't think you need to apologise Lu. You've had your own things to deal with and sometiems coming first ahead of others is not selfish and is right and proper.

You're a good person and this site will always benefit from your heart, wisdom and humanity, so whatever you need to be to others and yourself on any given day I know you will do what is right and anyone here who knows you enough, wont' mind, because we all understand, you're human and sometimes need to be there for yourself first and foremost.

THANKS as always for being part of ths site, you are a gem :).
ldematto
VETERAN

Post by ldematto »

Thank you Boss Man! You surely make this a wonderful place for all all to share and care for each other.

Nokie - what's the good word?
Nokie173
VETERAN

Post by Nokie173 »

Checking in – Lu you beat me to it... I was just about to update too.
Thanks Lu and Bossman.. I always feel welcome and appreciated here.. (I don't get that often :shock: )

6:30AM – Coffee, orange
9:30AM – Oatmeal, green tea
11:00AM – Thing Rye Crisp bread x 2, deli turkey
12:00PM – Kick Boxing (45mins) – Protein shake
1:30PM – Grilled chicken salad – salt & pepper (No dressing)
3:30PM – Lettuce wrap with Turkey deli, low fat cheese x 2
5:00PM – Weights (45mins) – Protein shake
7:30PM – Grilled fish, fresh spinach

scale is broken. I need to make time and look for a decent one – any recommendation? The last time I weight myself I was still the same. Bummer, I feel like there’s no progress. Maybe a lot of stress recently and haven’t had a change to give myself rest? Or maybe I need to be stricter? But no matter what, I won’t give up…

At least next month, I can worry less about work during the weekends. I declined a project so that I have time to plan wedding stuff and maybe rest a little bit during the weekends. Although it might seem like I’m not a team player… But I know March and April I have own projects with firm deadlines and I cannot decline and I’ll be super duper stress because it’s closer to the wedding. So, I’m taking the weekends off from work so I can do more other stuff.

Next time, I’ll take a picture of some of DIY (Do It Yourself) projects when I take pictures of body frame. :D
musculArgirl2
VETERAN

Post by musculArgirl2 »

Honestly nokie i get stressed just reading about your job. :P Your doing great so just keep at it. I think your diet looks awesome every time you post so just stick with it. It will happen!! I know your results have been great so far in the photos. looking forward to your DIY project. I wish i was more handy. I am going to try and really get into gardening this spring. we did have one last year but it was pretty small. :)
ldematto
VETERAN

Post by ldematto »

Looks like you are doing great! Most important is you are not giving up...we may have some moments where we may not eat exactly right or exercise like we should - but you have so much on your plate, you need to be proud of what you do!

Where are all these pictures everyone is talking about?
Nokie173
VETERAN

Post by Nokie173 »

6:30AM – Coffee, oatmeal, hard boiled egg
9:00AM – Orange, turkey deli, lettuce wrap
12:00PM – Brown rice, grilled chicken, salt & pepper
3:00PM – Green salad, grilled chicken, salt & pepper
6:30PM – Scramble egg whites, spinach, turkey deli, low fat cheese
8:30PM – Meal replacement shake
11:30PM – Meal replacement shake

It’s just one of those days/nights that I have to work long hours. Ohwell, as long as I keep meals in place I’m good. I didn’t sleep until 1AM this morning and it was hard for me to get up to do morning workout... heck it was already hard for me to get up for work!! :(

However, we finally finished our “Save The Date” website & video!! I’ll post it here whenever I get home tonight but it has a password… please message me for that. :mrgreen:
ldematto wrote:Where are all these pictures everyone is talking about?
Lu, I’ve been posting up progress pictures every month except January... only because I’ve been very busy to even have time for myself. I will upload them again when I take February pictures… crossing fingers to see some major differences!!! :shock:
musculArgirl2
VETERAN

Post by musculArgirl2 »

Nokie173 wrote::30PM – Meal replacement shake
11:30PM – Meal replacement shake
Do those meal replacements fill you up nokie? I love to sip on something and i like smoothie in the morning but i tried having a protein shake for one meal and it didn't do it for me.
Nokie173
VETERAN

Post by Nokie173 »

musculArgirl2 wrote:
Nokie173 wrote:Do those meal replacements fill you up nokie? I love to sip on something and i like smoothie in the morning but i tried having a protein shake for one meal and it didn't do it for me.
It's so late at night.. I don't get as hungry but it does help me. I picked the ones with less calories, less carbs and high in protein. :mrgreen:

6:30AM - Black coffee, weetabix, soymilk
9:00AM - Black coffee, Hard boiled eggs x 2, orange
12:00PM - Green salad, chicken, cucumber salad, salt & pepper
2:30PM - Black coffee, turkey deli, low fat cheese lettuce wrap x 2
7:00PM - Grilled fish with green salad
9:00PM - Full body Weights - 45/60mins - Protein shake

I'm really tired right now. I can't wait to go home and crash! I don't have energy to go to the gym during lunch. Once I get princess nap... I'll workout at home! It's great to have weights at home... Even if I don't have weights… I have bodyweight to workout! Since it was a very long day yesterday I didn't get to workout so I need to workout today no matter what! :!:

I didn't get home until after 1AM, I didn't have energy to post up the link but here it is...
Our Wedding "Save The Date" project. Usually people send cards through mails or give things…But We wanted to be creative and also on a budget ... So we thought of this!

http://www.lovenokie.com/wed/wed.htm

Note: There is music with this. Please have headphones if you’re around people. Also, there's a password. Please message me for it. Thanks :D