What should I be eating?

Discuss anything related to dieting, nutrition, recipes and food facts.

Moderators: cassiegose, Boss Man

x3N3Cl20
STARTING OUT

What should I be eating?

Post by x3N3Cl20 »

I'm overweight and I need to go on a diet. But what should I eat? Can anyone give me tips on what I should have for 3 meals? I've read online that fat people should eat 5-6 small meals so as to increase metabolism rate, is that true? If so what should I eat? Please tell me, a desperate guy here... :oops:
Boss Man
SITE ADMIN

Re: What should I be eating?

Post by Boss Man »

Eating 5 or 6 times a day, is not necessarily proven to be better than 3 squares, but to me, as I postd recently, I think it's better for peoples time contraints and life balance.

What meals do you eat and what times do you eat?
x3N3Cl20
STARTING OUT

Post by x3N3Cl20 »

Boss Man wrote:Eating 5 or 6 times a day, is not necessarily proven to be better than 3 squares, but to me, as I postd recently, I think it's better for peoples time contraints and life balance.

What meals do you eat and what times do you eat?
Breakfast at 6 AM on weekdays and around 9-10 AM on weekends. Lunch around 2:30 PM on weekdays and 1 PM on weekends. Dinner would be around 7:30-8 PM. Thats pretty much all.
Boss Man
SITE ADMIN

Post by Boss Man »

It doesn't tell me what foods you're eating though, so I can't assess whether choices are a major or minor problem.

The meal time help, but the meal choices are also a need to know thing, so we as a community can assess how much needs to change :).
x3N3Cl20
STARTING OUT

Post by x3N3Cl20 »

Boss Man wrote:It doesn't tell me what foods you're eating though, so I can't assess whether choices are a major or minor problem.

The meal time help, but the meal choices are also a need to know thing, so we as a community can assess how much needs to change :).
Uhmm... Breakfast on a weekday would normally be cereal. If not then maybe a ham cheese sandwich. On a weekend it might be rice or noodle. For lunch on a weekday most common would be either chicken chop, chicken rice or spaghetti. On a weekend it will probably be rice with meat such as chicken, beef or pork with vegetables. For dinner it'll always be rice with meat and vegetables. Maybe 2 meats every other day I guess. I'm ashamed to say this but normally for dinner and lunch I tend to have 2 servings instead of one... I would appreciate it kindly if you would tell me what I should eat and what I should abstain from and the amount. Thanks! :mrgreen: :oops:
Boss Man
SITE ADMIN

Post by Boss Man »

Well you have some workable choices there that can be used.

So you could go with something like this.

Breakfast

Bowl of Cereal and a Scrambled Egg.

Snack

Large Ham Sandwich

Lunch

Pork and Veggies

Snack

Portion of Low Fat Cheese

Dinner

Beef and Rice, or Chicken and Veggies.

Snack

Portion of Peanuts. Around 1/4 cup will do.

Maybe that sort of setup would appeal to you on a daily basis and it keeps things simple, with an easy to monitor plan and 2 choices of Dinner for variety.
SteVenBen
STARTING OUT

Post by SteVenBen »

For dinner it'll always be rice with meat and vegetables. Maybe 2 meats every other day I guess. I'm ashamed to say this but normally for dinner and lunch I tend to have 2 servings instead of one..
jared767
STARTING OUT

Post by jared767 »

When you signed up here at ShapeFit, you were given some kind of goals right? Stick to the recommended calories per day, or if you can, aim to go below the recommendation. Try to search online to find an application that will show you the nutrition facts of each food item. That's what I did when I was just starting up, I actually downloaded it on phone for more convenience.