2 mile run and whey protein

Discuss your weight training questions, concerns and tips!

Moderators: cassiegose, Boss Man

J6O6S6H
STARTING OUT

2 mile run and whey protein

Post by J6O6S6H »

Does anybody know if I run 2 miles everyday and drink whey protein after every run, will I get a big weigh lose? I am on weight watchers so I know I am eating heathy.
Boss Man
SITE ADMIN

Re: 2 mile run and whey protein

Post by Boss Man »

Yes you'd lose weight, but bear in mind you would crank your Metabolism up with running and increase Fat burning potential, but when you drank the shake, most or all of the additional fat burning potential, would be sacrificed when the body concentrated its efforts on processing the shake.

So don't hold store in this notion, that exercise allows you to burn more fat for hours afterwards, as it doesn't. Additional fat burning potential beyond what sedentry living can achieve, would start to decrease in part or possibly in full, within 20 minutes of consuming any kind of nutrition.
J6O6S6H
STARTING OUT

Post by J6O6S6H »

So should I go jogging after I eat dinner? And wait to drink the shake right after the run? The reason I drink the protein is because it really helps with the soreness the next day obviously because it's a workout shake. So drinking the shake right after is pointless because body is working that off so it's back where it's started before the run right?
Boss Man
SITE ADMIN

Post by Boss Man »

Have dinner, wait 30 minutes if possible to get some nutrition brekadown going, then after jogging, have the shake within 45 minutes of finishing.