Calorie Deficit

Discuss tips and advice for losing body fat.

Moderators: cassiegose, Boss Man

ksrcrider1
STARTING OUT

Calorie Deficit

Post by ksrcrider1 »

Hi everyone, I'm new to the site. I recently put on 28 pounds over the course of a year, by very poor diet. I'm currently seeing a personal trainer, which is a good friend of and is charging me a very cheap price. I see him 4 days week for weight training, with the other 3 days on own I do cardio, as in a fat loss program on the treadmill.

So question is on calorie deficit. I currently need 3000 calories to maintain current weight of 206 with waist being 39inches. Note: January 1st 2012 I weighed in at 228, with a waist of 43inches. Want I want to know is what I'm doing is healthy or not.

4 days of weight training 1-1.5 hours a day burning around 5-600 calories in each session
3 days of cardio 1 hour sessions burning around 700 calories
calorie Deficit is around 1200-1500 calories. Note I'm on a high protein diet consuming around 200g of protein a day
I have a calorie deficit around 8500 calories a week and i burn around 4500 calories in exercise a week That's a total of 13000 calories

diet is pretty plain because I'm a picky eater
breakfast: Slim-fast
Mid morning snack: is either boneless skinless chicken 4oz on 100% wheat double protein bread or low sodium turkey
lunch: protein bar 20g
post work out is whey protein shake which is 60gram of protein
dinner: usually about 6-8 ounce of skinless boneless chicken with veggies
last meal: usually a protein 3-4 before I go to bed.

I do drink close to a gallon of water a day. I also take a vita pack sport for gnc

Iv been on a 3.5lbs a week of weight loss 6 weeks. Am i pushing body way to much. I feel great, actually the best I have in a long time. resting heart rate is at 48-50 bpm
Boss Man
SITE ADMIN

Re: Calorie Deficit

Post by Boss Man »

Forget the Slimfast and have something more substantial, like Cereal and Eggs, or Beans on Toast or Grilled Bacon, Mushroom and Tomato.

Low Calorie shakes crammed with Micronutrients are not a good replacement for the same things with extra calories that provide more energy and are potentially going to be more satisfying.

3.5lbs a week isn't too bad, as some of that might intially have been water weight, so stick to what you're doing on the exercise, make one or two diet tweaks and see how it continues
ksrcrider
STARTING OUT

Post by ksrcrider »

Thanks bossman. Yeah I figured doing the slim fast shake was just quick and easy, so that's why I was drinking them for breakfast.
Boss Man
SITE ADMIN

Post by Boss Man »

Beans on Toast, Eggs on Toast, Eggs and Cereal, Ham Sandwich, Low Fat Cheese Sandwich, or low fat Cheese grilled on Toast, sliced packet Chicken in a sandwich or with Cereal, a large portion of Peanuts and a Yoghurt.

All examples of fast options, so Slimfast doesn't have to be :).