Six week body makeover

Discuss tips and advice for losing body fat.

Moderators: cassiegose, Boss Man

Junerz
STARTING OUT

Six week body makeover

Post by Junerz »

So I'd been dieting for a couple of months, and I lost 32lbs doing the elliptical and eating healthier, but fat loss was not proportionate..it was almost like the more I worked out the more pregnant I looked. I lost inches off of arms and legs, but stomach area was tough. I heard that jogging is the best for full body cardio, but depending on your weight I guess it can do more harm than good. I ended up falling off the wagon and eating everything in sight. It took me awhile, but I gained 11lbs back and now I'm realizing I need an intervention so that I continue going in the other direction toward goal weight. I ordered the Six Week Body Makeover diet a couple of years ago and never really stuck to it. There's a lot of prep that goes into it and I work full time and go to school part time, so it's really inconvenient, but it seems to work according to the infomercials and reviews I read online. I need something regimented to be successful, not an eating plan that leaves wiggle room. I've slightly modified their plan, but nothing too drastic. I'm on day four and I feel AMAZING. You're constantly eating, and it's all really good for your body. I even sleep better=) I'm very optimistic and can't wait to see results. I haven't been exercising yet because the plan is pretty drastic, and I'm giving body a chance to adjust, but can anyone recommend cardio that's total body or something that will help with stomach fat? I was thinking of Zumba....
Boss Man
SITE ADMIN

Re: Six week body makeover

Post by Boss Man »

Zumbe might be useful, or you could HIIT, or interval training should work too. Steady state can potentially be adaptive and the efficacy might taper off, but any of the afformentioned styles shouldn't, because the heart rate will fluctuate throught each session, not remain constant time after time.

The other option is to do normal steady state, thne perhaps inclined steady state next time, thne switch back again and do the two things alternately, or perhaps one of those for however many sessions you'd do in a week, then the other next week and switch them each week as opposed to each session.