Low Calorie Recipes - Italian Chicken and Peppers
- 1 pound boneless, skinless chicken breasts (4 half breasts)
- 3/4 teaspoon Italian Seasoning
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 3 teaspoons olive oil, divided
- 1/2 red bell pepper, cut into strips
- 1/2 green bell pepper, cut into strips
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 3 tablespoons balsamic or red wine vinegar
- 2 teaspoons honey
Place chicken breasts between 2 pieces of wax paper or plastic
wrap and pound to 1/2-inch thickness. Sprinkle on both sides with
Italian seasoning and pepper.
Heat 2 teaspoons oil in large nonstick skillet over medium heat.
Add chicken breasts and cook 4 minutes on each side or until no
longer pink in center. Remove to serving dish and keep warm.
Heat remaining 1 teaspoon oil in skillet. Add red and green bell
peppers and garlic powder. Cook 3-4 minutes, stirring constantly,
or until bell peppers are tender. Spoon over chicken.
Add vinegar and honey to skillet. Cook 1 minute, stirring constantly.
Spoon over chicken and bell peppers.
Recipe makes four servings.
- Calories: 206
- Protein: 28g
- Fat: 6g
- Carbohydrates: 9g
- Cholesterol: 68mg
- Sodium: 79mg
<< Back To Low
Calorie Recipes >>