I am a 25-year-old college student at Ball State University and I’m working on a dietetics degree. I have been lifting weights for ten years and competing for 7 years. During those years, I competed in bodybuilding off and on for five years and competed in figure competitions for 2 years. The figure class is much more suitable for me since I have a natural physique with lots of soft, feminine curves. I love big muscles, but I do not have the bulk and striations to place well at national bodybuilding competitions. I feel that natural, healthy and feminine muscles is what female bodybuilding and fitness should be about.
I held my cross-country school record for 7 years along with receiving an MVP award in track and cross-country for 3 years. I was the only one in the history of my high school to do well at the regional level, along with making All-City, All-County, and All-Sectional.
- 1997 All-Natural Central USA (1st place)
- 2002 Ms. Ball State University (1st place and overall winner)
- 2003 Ms. BSU (1st place and overall winner)
- 2003 Collegiate national overall champion
- March 2002: Hoosier Muscle Classic National Qualifier (1st place)
- April 2002: Junior USA (3rd place)
- June 2002: Indianapolis National Qualifier (1st place and overall winner)
- July 2002: Midwestern National Qualifier (2nd place)
- August 2002: Team Universe Figure Nationals (Pro Qualifier)
- June 2003: Junior Nationals (10th place)
- June 2003: Indiana Championships (1st place and overall winner)
- July 2003: Collegiate Nationals (overall figure champion)
I’ve worked with various photographers including Gene Hwang, Mike Druskin, Gene Carangal, JM Manion, Joe Lobell and Guido Marcovelli. I am featured on a lot of different websites.
First Interest in Fitness and Bodybuilding
I was a skinny 90 pound runner in my sophomore year in high school. I hated looking that way and desperately wanted to have some curves. One advantage to being thin was the less I weighed, the better runner I was. My brother, Brad, who is a good amateur bodybuilder, persuaded me to start weight training. Within one month, I had joined my local YMCA and I was hooked!
Goal Within The Fitness Industry
I would like to become a professional figure competitor. After turning pro, I would like to continue doing guest appearances along with some modeling work for magazines and websites. This will also help me out with my future career as a dietitian. In the future, I would like to open up my own nutritional counseling and supplement business.
Here is a sample of what I eat. I don’t eat the same thing every day. I use a lot of variety and include a cheat day once a week which is a “pig out” day when I eat anything and everything!
- Before Breakfast: 5 grams of creatine and glutamine, 2 grams of pyruvate
- Cardio: elliptical climber for 30 minutes
- After Cardio (Meal #1): 1.5 grams of HMB, meal replacement shake, 250 mg of alpha-lipoic acid
- Meal #2: 7 egg whites, 1 cup of cooked oats, 2 tsp of flax oil, 2 chitosan (for fiber)
- Weight Workout: legs workouts
- After Workout: meal replacement shake and pyruvate
- Meal #3: 4 ounces of cooked chicken or a can of tuna, 1 hard-boiled egg (if having tuna salad), stir fry veggies, 1/2 to 3/4 cup of cooked pasta or rice
- Meal #4: 4 ounces of cooked chicken or lean steak, large salad with vinaigrette dressing, 3/4 cup of cooked brown rice
- Meal #5: protein powder, ZMA, HMB and pyruvate. 2 weeks before a show I add in a fat-burner
Training Pre-Contest (3 months out):
- Month 1: Cardio 3 times per week for 30 minutes
- Month 2: Cardio 4-5 times per week for 45 minutes
- Month 3: Cardio 5 times per week for 60 minutes (2 separate 30 minute sessions)
Weight Training Schedule:
- Monday: Chest
- Tuesday: Back
- Wednesday: Rest
- Thursday: Legs
- Friday: Arms
- Saturday: Shoulders
- Sunday: Rest
I have the same weight training schedule in the off-season, but I do back and shoulders together which gives me an extra day of rest. I don’t do any cardio in the off-season. This allows me to grow and get stronger. Therefore, when I do start cardio in my pre-contest mode, my body really responds to it and it helps me get really lean since my body is not used to doing it year around.
- Favorite body part to train: Arms! I love working arms because the visualization of seeing the muscles pump up is unbelievable! My triceps are one of my better body parts.
- Ideal vacation: It has to have lots of sand, sunny beaches and loads of sunshine. A bottle of fine red wine and, of course, the one I love right by my side. We would spend a quiet romantic night together dining on wonderful food and wine while loving every moment with each other!
- Least favorite food: Sushi! I don’t like raw shrimp, crab, or lobster unless it is breaded or has tons of sauce on top of it!
- Ideal Man: Caring, loving, non-arrogant, loves to cuddle, sensitive, fit, open-minded, honest, trustworthy, considerate, and understanding. Of course, I wouldn’t mind a hard body with dark hair and eyes, but personality comes first. I love bald-headed men too!
- Relationship Status: Single but unavailable.
- My Personality: Easy going, friendly, open-minded, and honest.
- Things I hate: People who brag, dishonest people, back stabbers, and jealous people. Besides that, I hate flying and slaving away at cardio.
- Favorite animals: I love rabbits (angora, mini dwarfs, mini-lops, etc). They are so cute, gentle, and timid!
- Favorite food: Chinese food! I especially like crab rangoon and General’s chicken!
- Favorite movie: Shawshank Redemption. That movie is funny, sad, and very entertaining!
- Favorite shoes: Definitely my 4 inch heeled sandals that I purchased in New York.
- Workout wear: I normally wear some cotton tights with a cute cut-off top or a tank top. During pre-contest training I like to wear Hotskins shorts with my ballistic Bodywear sports bra!
- Favorite diet food: Cottage cheese and egg omelets.
- Favorite music: All types! Hip-hop, rap, alternative and heavy metal. I really like to listen to upbeat music when working out.
- Bits and Pieces: I’m a very open-minded individual and love to have a great time. However, I am very serious when it comes to working out and school.
- Car I drive: 2001 Camaro Z-28. I love to drive fast!
- Favorite Dessert: Creme filled chocolate cake.
- Favorite Cardio Workout: Elliptical! It is easy on the joints and works your entire body.