Registered Dietitians in Northlake and Bolingbrook Illinois - Cindy Zwart
of Science Degree from Northern Illinois University
- Registered Dietitian for 18 years
- Counseled individuals and groups in a clinic setting for 14
of those years
- Extensive experience counseling children, teens and adults
- Certified Diabetes Educator
- I have the required amount of experience and knowledge to
sit for and pass a certification exam for diabetes educators.
- Licensed Dietitian/Nutritionist in the state of Illinois.
- Do you know the difference between a nutritionist and dietitian?
- In Illinois, a licensed dietitian is a nutritionist with
additional education and training who has taken a four hour
exam to become a Registered Dietitian.
- Licensed Shapedown Provider
- Weight Management Program for Kids and Teens
- Seen on "Oprah" (Shapedown and the program's developer)
- Member of American Dietetic Association
- Member of American Association of Diabetes Educators
Nutrition counseling to help you to achieve your health and fitness
- Nutrition for Health and Wellness
- Assessment of food and lifestyle habits
- Suggestions to improve in these areas
- Supplements for fitness, health and wellness
- Weight Management For Adults, including:
- Healthy Food Choices
- Eating Out
- Stress And Weight
- Behavior Change
- Goal Setting
- Shapedown Weight Management Progam for Kids And Teens
- "Mindful Eating", Non-Diet Program for Health And
- Diabetes Prevention
- Diabetes Management
- Heart Healthy Eating To Manage:
- Cholesterol, LDL, HDL, Triglycerides
- Blood Pressure
- Insulin Resistance
- Natural Passage Through Menopause
- Group presentations, including slideshow, handouts, and discussion
What to expect in a typical visit:
We will sit down together and I will ask what you want to learn
at our session, your usual eating and exercise habits, what changes
you would like to make and are willing to make and we will set some
goals together. I will assess your height, weight and body mass
index, calorie needs as well as your eating habits for nutrition
quality and with regard to your health risks and your health and
fitness goals. The session may include an individualized and personalized
meal plan (if desired), a food frequency questionnaire to learn
more about your food habits, information on any health conditions
that need evaluation and nutrition therapy, evaluation of any relevant
lab results (if provided by you or your doctor).
Cindy Zwart, RD,LDN,CDE
I look forward to hearing from you!
Locations in Northlake, Illinois and Bolingbrook, Illinois.