Feel stuck with your weight loss efforts? Then try a detox diet and notice better results almost instantly. When it comes to losing weight and building the body of your dreams, detoxifying your body is as critical as the training itself.
Therefore, if you want to make the most out of your detox program, while still enjoying a high level of energy and mental focus, here are a few guidelines that can help!
Your body is constantly under the mercy of the harmful chemicals found in the foods you eat, the water you drink, the air you breathe, and so on. This waste buildup makes losing weight and maintaining good health very hard. Luckily, opting for a detox diet can help you get rid of much of the waste and blast through weight loss plateaus, thus paving the way to developing a more sculpted and lean body.
A detox diet is geared toward helping your body clear waste from the colon and other interval organs. By doing so, your digestion improves and your body becomes much more efficient at soaking up nutrients and eliminating waste, thus helping you lose weight and conquer those frustrating plateaus.
How To Begin Detoxing
As with any training program, you must start slow and build gradually. Therefore, if it’s your first time on a detox program, then you need to be extremely careful. Overdoing the detoxification process can lead to fatigue, mental and physical burnout and eventually a painful setback.
As a result, your detox diet must be simple, straightforward, and easy to follow. Any diet that’s too restrictive will be hard to keep going, even for a short period of time. Think big but act small. Start with a one day detox per week and build on that. And as you get more experienced in the detox territory, you can shoot for a full week detox or more.
What Not To Eat
Giving up on junk food can be tricky. Nevertheless, if you want to get the maximum out of your detox program, you need to make some sacrifices. Of course, the sacrifices are temporary, but on the long run, you’ll discover that they were worth the trouble.
Here Is What Not To Eat:
- Cut out energy drinks such as soda, beer, alcohol.
- Any food that contains wheat like bread, biscuits, pasta, cereal.
- Processed food especially if it contains sugar, fats, salt.
- Foods with high glycemic index, like sweets, dairy, juice, honey, chocolate and any form of sugar.
What Can You Eat?
If you feel that you are left with no options, remember that there are plenty of healthy foods that can help keep your body well fueled so you can get the most out of your detox program. To make it far with your new eating plan you need to learn how to delete instant gratification and keep your eyes on the prize. Don’t get blindsided by old habits and cravings.
Here Is What You Need To Eat:
- Rev up your liquid intake. Substitute all drinks with water, lemon juice and herbal tea. Make sure to drink at least 8 to 10 glasses of water every day, thus you can keep your body well hydrated throughout the cleansing period. Not only that, proper hydration is critical for flushing out toxins, and keeping the monster of hunger at bay.
- Consume vegetables in all forms and colors. The more varied the colors, the better the detox will be. Here are some of the best veggies and fruits: apples, watermelon, cherries, papaya, ginger, parsley, broccoli, blueberries and zucchini.
There you have it! What matters most is your speed of implementation. Therefore, make sure to take action and start with at least one full day of detoxification. No need to be perfect, just get the whole process started and you’ll never go back to your old unhealthy ways.