- The goal is to create circulation from head to toe and move the breath in and out of the body. It centers the mind, and invigorates the body.
The Hundred – Exercise Instructions
- Lie back to the center of your mat. Pull your abdominals in and up. Tighten your buttocks. Using your Powerhouse (abdominals, buttocks and lower back), bend your knees to your chest.
- Now extend your legs only as low as you can keep your lower back on the mat and your abdominals flat.
- Reach your arms and fingertips long, bring your chin to your chest and start pumping your arms up and down vigorously.
- Breathe in slowly through the nose for 5 pumps and out through the nose for 5 pumps.
- Repeat 10 times.
- Finish by lowering the head and arms, and bring the knees to the chest with your Powerhouse.
REMINDER: Keep your shoulder blades on the mat as you pump. Fill the lungs with air, and then empty the lungs. Do only as many as you can, to start. Remember to keep your abdominals flat and to tighten your buttocks!