Rotation exercises like the Pilates mat exercise, the saw and the corkscrew, use the obliques.
- Lie on the back with knees bent and feet in parallel. Place the hands on the front of the pelvis
- Inhale and gently drop the knees to the right.
- Exhale, hollow and engage the left internal obliques to rotate the pelvis to the original position.
- Inhale gently drop the knees to the left.
- Exhale, hollow and engage the right internal obliques to rotate the pelvis to the original position
- Repeat 4 more sets
The return of the pelvis should be initiated by the abdominals. The legs need to be working on the return.