- Lie on the back with both knees bent and feet off the floor.
- Place the hands below the navel. Practice 3 sets of breath with hollowing. Feel the hands sink with the hollow.
The lower you move your straight leg down to the floor will cause more demand on your abdominals. If you feel pressure in the back, bring the leg higher or return it to the beginner version #1 position. This is about the abdominals working! If your back hurts then go back to the Pilates principles.
SINGLE LEG SWITCH:
- Lace hands behind the head. Float the head up as the lower abdominals hollow towards the spine. Inhale without sticking your belly out.
- Hollow as one leg extends to the ceiling.
- Inhale and return to the original position.
- Repeat breath pattern on other leg.
- Repeat 7 more sets.