- Lie on the back with both knees bent and feet off the floor.
- Place the hands below the navel. Practice 3 sets of breath with hollowing. Feel the hands sink with the hollow.
The lower the leg to the floor demands more abdominal control. If you feel pain in the back, bring the leg higher or return to beginner version. This is about the abdominals working! If the back hurts, go back to Pilates principles.
- Lace hands behind the head. Float the head up as the lower abdominals hollow towards the spine.
- Rotate the upper spine by touching the left elbow to the right bent knee. The left leg is extended.
- Switch legs and twist the spine to left bend knee. The right elbow is reaching the left knee.
- Repeat 8 more sets.