Everyone wants to boost their metabolism these days. There are several different ways to do so and in this article I hope that you will find certain ways that will work for you. Boosting your metabolism has many benefits. The main benefit being that you will boost your metabolism and start losing more weight. This is done because by boosting your metabolism, you are able to increase the amount of calories, or energy, the body burns on a daily basis. Without a high metabolism, your body is more likely to store fat and calories which in turn, means you are less likely to see a drop in pounds on the scale.
There are many factors that affect a person’s metabolism including age, weight, hormonal changes, lean muscle mass, diet, genetics, stress and the amount of physical activity undertaken on a daily basis. As you can see, boosting your metabolism involves many factors, but the fact of the matter is that it is relatively easy to boost your metabolism, if you are committed to doing so. There are several tips I am about to give you that should help you boost your metabolism and help you drop those unwanted pounds that are hanging around.
My top 10 tips to boost your metabolism are:
- Eat Breakfast. Breakfast is the most important meal of the day. Many of you out there don’t eat breakfast and I cannot stress enough about the importance of eating a healthy breakfast. Breakfast gives your metabolism a boost and provides a consistent energy supply throughout the day. The majority of people who eat a healthy breakfast have fewer weight and health issues than those who do not.
- Drink More Water. Water is the lubricant of the body. It also flushes toxins out of the body and keeps the kidneys operating at maximum efficiency. This allows the liver more time to do what it does best, metabolize fat stores.
- Eat Small Meals. Eat 5 to 6 small meals per day spaced about 3 hours apart. This gives the body a steady supply of energy and prevents binge eating.
- Do Not Miss Meals. Skipping meals in order to lose weight is counter productive because it actually slows down your metabolism and can lead to overeating.
- Include Certain Foods. Include certain high energy foods in your diet such as fruits, veggies, and whole grains. These will not cause a spike in blood sugar which can be bad for you.
- Plan Your Meals. If you take the time to plan your meals out for the day, you are less likely to binge eat. In planning your meals, you are able to see what is on the menu and stick to it!
- Remember Sugar Is Bad. Processed and refined sugar found in sweets and soft drinks overload the body with sugar, causing many serious health issues including obesity and diabetes. Complex carbohydrates are a better energy source because they supply an even level of blood sugar.
- Build Lean Body Mass. Exercise! Lean muscle burns calories and the more you have the more calories you burn, even while resting. You can build muscle through resistance or weight training at least twice a week. You can also boost your metabolism by doing cardio exercises such as running, taking a spin class, jump roping, etc.
- Get A Good Night’s Sleep. There is research that shows that people who do not get sufficient sleep, tend to gain weight. This may be because the body uses sleep to heal and regenerate itself, including its muscular system.
- Enjoy Spicy Foods. Research has shown that eating spicy foods is a good thing. Eating spicy foods that make you sweat can help boost your metabolism. So pour on the hot sauce but watch for the amount of salt that is in your bottle.
Boosting your metabolism can be done if you are dedicated. This does not mean you need to stress over each little thing but if you eat right and exercise, you should see a decrease in body fat and a much more energetic and happy you. If you have any questions, feel free to e-mail me.