slipped disk ?

A place to hang with other members, introduce yourself and discuss practically anything.

Moderators: cassiegose, Boss Man

scorpioscopes
STARTING OUT

slipped disk ?

Post by scorpioscopes »

think i might had slipped a disk in back 3 weeks ago , well doctor seems to think so without sending me for an x-ray :?: . lower back was in a spasm for a whole week but is after relaxing alot now . question is , how long should i stay away from the weight-lifting . was training day on day off for so long im eager to get back to the gym :( : .have been this week but only for a swim . its feels much better but still have minor discomfort when sitting ... anyone who was ever been in the same situation please reply . thanks
Boss Man
SITE ADMIN

Re: slipped disk ?

Post by Boss Man »

What I suggest by way of treatment modalities, is Ice the area 3-4 times a day for 15 minutes and take NSAIDS as well if you're not doing that already.

I would try the back movements you use without weight, infact all movements you do in the Gym without weight. If any hurt don't do them.

If it's the Back that hurts but that's all, do some lower body but not upper body. You could cause problems if you have to let the Back atrophy more, but work to preserve the upper Torso and Abs in particular, as it might cause postural and core problems, when you potentially develop a minor muscle imbalance.

If the movements for Back and upper body are fine without weight, use low levels of weight, slowly increasing bit by bit over a session, but if something starts to feel a bit wrong, drop down a bit, to the previous level.

Next time use the next weight level up on exercises and if it feels the same, stick to the current level, but if it feels more tolerable, go up a bit more, but if that feels too much, drop back again to the new level. Keep using this pain threshold exploration method each session, to establish where you're at recovery wise.

Hopefully these things help :).

It's good to see you again. Take it easy and good luck :).
scorpioscopes
STARTING OUT

Re: slipped disk ?

Post by scorpioscopes »

thanks boss man . , heading down to the gym now in afew minutes with your advice in mind . thanks again :D