royal wedding

A place to hang with other members, introduce yourself and discuss practically anything.

Moderators: cassiegose, Boss Man

musculargirl
VETERAN

royal wedding

Post by musculargirl »

Boss do you got your invitation to the royal wedding?? Don't know much about you except that you live in the UK but i'd bet money that your invited. :wink: Either that or you got a good spot on the road and won't be posting tonight to save your place to watch them drive by. :) I'd go if I could although you probably do see more on television.

I'm going to try and watch some of it.
fitoverforty
VETERAN

Re: royal wedding

Post by fitoverforty »

what time here in the states will it be on?
I'd like to see some of it too. I'm a hopeless romantic, what can I say? :roll:
I wish them the best.
musculargirl
VETERAN

Post by musculargirl »

I think coverage starts around 3 am central. I have to double check that though. William seems like a very nice guy. Watching this coverage makes you miss Diana. I'm sure she would be very proud and like Kate.
fitoverforty
VETERAN

Post by fitoverforty »

I am sure she would too.
I bet Kate is about tired of all the coverage of Diana and Charles's wedding... :roll: She's probably like "Hey! it's supposed to be day!"
Hopefully she will carve out her own spot in the Royal history books and have a long successful happy marriage to William, with lots of little princes and princesses someday. :D
Boss Man
SITE ADMIN

Post by Boss Man »

I am not a big fan of the Monarchy. It's old and outdated and full of mostly toothless, powerless people, many of whom are either philanderers or prone to making stupid mistakes.

William is one of the exceptions, that I do largely respect, along with the Queen, who did sterling manual labour work during the War, so she is one I have a lot of respect for.

I hope it works out for them, but no, no invite and no, I probably will not watch, as I don't feel the need to do so that much. Their marriage will sink or swim on its relative merits and / or detractions, whether I watch it or not :wink:.
musculargirl
VETERAN

Post by musculargirl »

i watched some of it. Nice to see. Princess Beatrice I think had a kind of a funny looking hat. :lol: Looking at Kate, makes me want to get skinny. She is tiny!!
Nokie173
VETERAN

Post by Nokie173 »

I just watched a clip of it online and wow... beautiful dress Kate was wearing & the 2nd dress was nice too!
Someone mentioned she was a size 6 (I thought she was beautiful already!) Now, she is currently a size 2!
Talk about pressure... I guess her motivation was the WHOLE WORLD will be looking at her in a wedding dress.
To me, size 2 or 6, she would have look beautiful regardless... :)
meaok77
ESTABLISHED MEMBER

Post by meaok77 »

I saw bits and pieces of the wedding Friday. The original air time was like 1am here, and even though I wouldn't have had a hard time staying up, I had a headache and couldn't stay awake. Luckily, the wedding was on ONDemand, but they only showed the ceremony. They didn't show the balcony with the 2 kisses (even though I got to see it already). The dress was beautiful, very classy and elegant, and Kate is, and was, stunning. It's what I would've chosen as a dress on wedding day too. I'm not big on showing shoulders/arms, so the lace would be perfect on that part of the gown!