headache after looking at the computer all day?

A place to hang with other members, introduce yourself and discuss practically anything.

Moderators: cassiegose, Boss Man

musculargirl
VETERAN

headache after looking at the computer all day?

Post by musculargirl »

All week i get a headache around the time i'm done with being on the computer all day. It's a light headache nothing major and it goes a way. I think it's because i'm straining eyes when on the computer. Any suggestions?
Boss Man
SITE ADMIN

Re: headache after looking at the computer all day?

Post by Boss Man »

Turn down the brightness and / or contrast a bit on the monitor.

Alternatively, buy a glare filter, which you can get from a computer shop, which doesn't affect the contrast and brightness really, but in terms of the brightness, the one I use takes the edge off the luminescence without dulling, hazing, blurring or darkening the appearance of what I'm looking at.

You could try getting an eye test, just to rule out early onset of something like Glaucoma, Macular degeneration, Kerataconus etc, but it doesn't really sound like that's the issue, so either of the two former options might be a worthy consideration for you :).
musculargirl
VETERAN

Post by musculargirl »

I might try both ideas. Thanks! I may go in for an eye test soon too.
Boss Man
SITE ADMIN

Post by Boss Man »

Try the first idea first as it's free. If it fails try the second one regarding anti-glare screens,as there's no point buying one if you don't need it.

Isolate one possible solution, to identify its potential to help or not, before acting on or understanding the other solution :).
musculargirl
VETERAN

Post by musculargirl »

Good idea boss. Do you know how to turn the brightness down on a monitor? I can ask brother too.
musculargirl
VETERAN

Post by musculargirl »

I figured it out. i think already it seems better. I think that is what it was. Hopefully! Fingers Crossed. Thanks! :D