Partcipants needed for survey research

A place to hang with other members, introduce yourself and discuss practically anything.

Moderators: cassiegose, Boss Man

wredny.typ
STARTING OUT

Partcipants needed for survey research

Post by wredny.typ »

Hi, Im currently doing dissertation in Psychology and desperately need your help. Since Im a massive gym fan I decided to research something that relates to me - how our personality affects our motivation for exercise.
Im not asking for more - just to fill in some questionnaires which take no more than 15 minutes.
Here's the official 'Participant Information Sheet' for you to get to know the details

The survey is available here:
http://www.surveymonkey.com/s/ZC36H7Q" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Efficiency of intrinsic and extrinsic motivation in extroverts and introverts in relation to physical activity.

I would like to invitate you to take part in study on motivation and personality relationships with physical activity level. It involves use of 3 different questionnaires. It is important for me that before you decide whether or not you wish to be invloved you understand why this study is being conducted as well as there is no obligation for you to participate. Please read this sheet carefully and if any doubts, feel free to contact me.

Why is the study being conducted?
As we all know regular physical acivity has many research-proven benefits to its practicioners. However, majority of people does not exercise. One the most popular excuse for this is lack of motivation. Since we all differ from each other, our motivation preference (ie. whether we like to feel good about ourselves, this is called intrinsic motivation or we desire body everyone would envy which is example of extrinsic motivation) may be different. Therefore, this study aims to discover how this types of motivation works in people, depending on their extraversion level and how does it affect their physical acivity level. For this purpose, I use 3 questionnaires: Sport Motivation Scale, extraversion questions from Eysenck’s Personality Questionnaire and the 4th part of International Physical Activity Questionnaire.

Your involvement
First of all, I want you to know that it’s entirely up to you whether or not you decide take part. You are encouraged to take your time for this decision. Furthermore, you do not have to complete the questionnaires if for some reason you don’t want to anymore. You don’t have to complete them all at once as well - you set up your own pace.
If you decide to take part, the completion of the questionnaires is equal to your consent form. Your involvement is to complete those three questionnaires as honestly as possible. Please also remember that there is no right or wrong answer. These questionnaires are asking you about your time spent on exercises, your preferences regarding social life and the thoughts affecting your undertaking physical activity. IT should take about 15 minutes to go through this surveys.

Your confidentiality
I can ensure you that this study is completely anonymous and every set of questionnaires is given participant number. You do not have to sign with your name. There is no way of identification you as well as your participation is confidential unless you decide to disclose it. All the questionnaires and the results will be kept in password-protected computer/locked cabin.

Risks and benefits
There is no risk associated with this study except that some questions might be tackling sensitive issues for certain people. If you feel uncomfortable or distressed you might take a break or stop completing the questionnaires at any point.
Filling up the questionnaires might be thought-provoking and you might benefit from realizing some unconscious thoughts that are affecting your behaviour.

What if there is a problem?
If for some reason you feel unhappy or you think that some points in this study are not right feel free to contact me and I will try might best to remove the problem. If you don’t want to contact me personally you might get in touch with supervisor who will try to resolve the situation.

How the results will be used?
The results of this study will be used in dissertation research project. They will not be published and you will not be identified by any means.

Withdrawal
If for any reason you do not wish your data to be used in the research simply do not return the questionnaires to the researcher.

The organisation behind the study
This study is conducted with agreement from University of Salford. It is supervised by dr Peter Eachus, Director of Psychology and Public Health.

Further information and contact details

Sara Chreptowicz
s.a.chreptowicz@.salford.ac.uk

supervisor:
dr Peter Eachus
p.eachus@salford.ac.uk

Thank you for your time